Votes: 7 6.1%
  • 61-80

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 80 or more

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ocean733

My office mate lives in Pasadenaa - I can hook the two of you up via e-mail if you want... he can give you the low-down on the area. Also, my boss lives in Severn, which is cheaper than Pasadena - he said avoid Laurel at all cost :lol: - just let me know, you know how to find me... :yay:

Cool. I might be stalking you...again. :ohwell:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I wish I had this option..I'm sure MOST moms do..I would love to stay home with my little man all day and hang out and take him places. I think it would be great, would save $200/week(daycare), but then I would have to live off of the $190/week(child support)..Impossible :tantrum

:huggy:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Work is in Hollywood, house is in Colonial Beach. Drive itself is not bad. I use to drive to St. Inigoes everyday until I ended up in Hollywood. we are looking across the bridge due to prices being so much cheaper.
Go for it!! That's a breeze!!

Don't do it. I drove from Golden Beach to Bethesda for almost 7 years. I tore up 5 vehicles and was spending $500.00 a month in gas and that was almost 2 years ago. I fell asleep coming home one night in Hughesville (before the by pass was built) and the woman behind me starting blowing her horn and woke me up....scared the chit outta me. That was the day I decided enough was enough.

You are looking at 104 miles a day that is 520 miles a week and 2080 miles a month just to get to work, this isn't counting any weekend driving. I was getting oil changes every 45 days and you will be also........not to mention tires and brakes.

You will not have any home life at all........and life is just too short for that! You will be so exhausted that the weekends are usually shot to hell so there goes enjoying any family time or working on the yard or house. And trust me Monday morning comes mighty fast......
I disagree. I've been driving 135 miles a day, 2970 miles a month in beltway traffic since 2003. You're changing your oil way too often. I use synthetic and change it every 10K miles / every 3 months. That's all that is needed.

What kind of car were you driving? Your gas mileage was horrible!! :lmao:

I'm driving an '07 Camry at 29mpg. Gas is running me $407.00 a month at $3.97 a gallon.

cartman

I drive at least 600 miles a day,5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.. I leave clements 430 am every morning and am lucky to be back by 8 pm...
:yahoo: And I love every second of it!!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I have a Sebring I bought 3 years ago with 12,000 miles on it. It now has 22,000 on it after 3 years. :lol:

backagain39

Go for it!! That's a breeze!!

I disagree. I've been driving 135 miles a day, 2970 miles a month in beltway traffic since 2003. You're changing your oil way too often. I use synthetic and change it every 10K miles / every 3 months. That's all that is needed.

What kind of car were you driving? Your gas mileage was horrible!! :lmao:

I'm driving an '07 Camry at 29mpg. Gas is running me $407.00 a month at $3.97 a gallon.

I was driving Rt 5, 210, 295 to 395 to GW to 495 across the American Legion Bridge and then the Clara Barton Pkwy....it was stop and go all the way....sometimes hours in one spot, so it wasn't the cars fault....

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I was driving Rt 5, 210, 295 to 395 to GW to 495 across the American Legion Bridge and then the Clara Barton Pkwy....it was stop and go all the way....sometimes hours in one spot, so it wasn't the cars fault....
Ugghhh.... I feel your pain. :huggy:

65 miles each way

Mechanicsville to Silver Spring.
Leaving at 4:00 am and averaging 65 and some 70 on the beltway, no back-ups, 1 hour. Coming home at 3:00, can be good/bad, typically home by
5:00. Worst place getting through is past SO MD Hospital through Brandywine. That's REALLY frustrating. It costs $25/day in gas (Rav 4). If I wasn't getting so dang old, and if I didn't love my job so dang much, and if I could make at least half the money around here as in Silver Spring, I'd have to think about a major life change. Good luck.

OldHillcrestGuy

Leaving at 4:00 am and averaging 65 and some 70 on the beltway, no back-ups, 1 hour. Coming home at 3:00, can be good/bad, typically home by
5:00. Worst place getting through is past SO MD Hospital through Brandywine. That's REALLY frustrating. It costs $25/day in gas (Rav 4). If I wasn't getting so dang old, and if I didn't love my job so dang much, and if I could make at least half the money around here as in Silver Spring, I'd have to think about a major life change. Good luck.

Have you ever tried getting off the Beltway at Landover Rd. or Rt. 4 and hitting 301 and taking either Croom Rd or Missouri Ave to Brandywine Rd. and coming out in Hughesville, it my be a few more miles but you will be moving compared to sitting on Branch at Surratts and Brandywine Roads. Even coming through Brandywine past the new shopping center is a real pain in the a$$, that damn light at Chadsford coming southbound needs to be reprogrammed its long as hell, way to long for people turning left from northbound and way too long for the few cars that come out of Chadsford, it never fails I get stuck there all the time and I come through there alot of times at 10pm it still gets me.
The 301 way would be for your commute home, going in at 4am Branch to the Beltway is much quicker you can fly.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Have you ever tried getting off the Beltway at Landover Rd. or Rt. 4 and hitting 301 and taking either Croom Rd or Missouri Ave to Brandywine Rd. and coming out in Hughesville, it my be a few more miles but you will be moving compared to sitting on Branch at Surratts and Brandywine Roads. Even coming through Brandywine past the new shopping center is a real pain in the a$$, that damn light at Chadsford coming southbound needs to be reprogrammed its long as hell, way to long for people turning left from northbound and way too long for the few cars that come out of Chadsford, it never fails I get stuck there all the time and I come through there alot of times at 10pm it still gets me.
The 301 way would be for your commute home, going in at 4am Branch to the Beltway is much quicker you can fly.
:howdy:

You're going down in Fantasy Challenge now. :evil:

I'm going to shut you and H29 down by the time we get to Richmond. :war:

Loop data is my friend. :killingme:killingme:killingme

BTW, I drive (at max) 4.5 miles to work.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My commute is either 6.5 miles or 7.0 miles depending if I go in the front gate or the back gate.

Back gate is a little longer, but I get to drag a knee around a corner or two on the way through base.

Caddyman

snazzy title here
I think my work is about 10 miles each way. It takes maybe 15 minutes....each way, unless I'm late....hah

KWAK

Why would you drive from waldorf down to mechanicsville for daycare, then to dc for work? I'd hope its free.

No, my daycare is not free - but there isn't a daycare in Waldorf worthy enough for my little girl! Hopefully my whole situation will be changing soon, though, and no more long commutes!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Damn, we should talk!! You go my way.

:yeahthat: Afternoons, I get off the beltway at Rt. 4 to Woodyard to Osborne Rd. to 301. Then depending how backed up 301 is, I cut thru Missouri Ave to Brandywine Rd.

I'd like to punch the moron who put the light at Chadsford!! :burning: 4:30 am and traffic stops for nothing!!

This_person

A little over 20 miles, around half an hour (depending on people going to get drunk in Solomons).

IMO, too close is not worth it, no "decompression" time to switch from worker-bee to yourself (and vice versa). Too far just takes up too much personal time.

ocean733

IMO, too close is not worth it, no "decompression" time to switch from worker-bee to yourself (and vice versa). Too far just takes up too much personal time.

Although I love the fact of having vertially no commute, I can totally agree with this thinking. I've actually thought of that on a few occasions when I got to work right from the house with no "down-time" first.