• Drug testing should be voluntary?

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Violation of rights.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Should there be random drug testing in public schools? In Indiana they do random drug testing in their public middle and high schools. What do you think about this in our area schools?

Whose rights would be violated? The students (minors) or the faculty (to include teachers)?? -or both???

I would like to see random drug testing for the faculty at a minimum - our military is subject to it so why not the people who are hired to teach our children? :shrug:

The students and drug testing, sure - why not? :shrug:

Should there be random drug testing in public schools? In Indiana they do random drug testing in their public middle and high schools. What do you think about this in our area schools?

I think they should if not to keep the drug use down, to keep tabs on all of the kids involved in sports.

I also think they should test the employees to make sure they are not going to harm the students by being under the influence.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What's the point in drug testing kids in public schools? At least 85% would fail.

JUST like when the Army started testing.. and as time went on those numbers shrunk considerabley..

I doubt the Army is anywhere NEAR 10% failures now.

Question should be.. Then what?

Student burns a piss test.. what's the punishment that will prevent them from doing it again? Telling the parenst? Big Deal.. parents probably already know.. Suspension?? Screw up get five day vacation.. Big Deal... What?

Teacher should get one chance.. burn one, get a write up, and a warning.. burn two. G-Bye..

the point would be that the fear of being tsted might lower that number.

:yeahthat: If that number gets lowered maybe it will trickle down to helping out the homeless situation for example reducing the # of people that are dependant on drugs which results in stealing and selling everything they have to get them.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Because I don't think we need to waste more of our tax dollars doing the parents job. Where does it ####ing end?

:yay: Absolutely. This is just another way for lazy parents to cop out. "My kid must be clean, or the school would have caught him!"

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:yeahthat: If that number gets lowered maybe it will trickle down to helping out the homeless situation for example reducing the # of people that are dependant on drugs which results in stealing and selling everything they have to get them.

:lmao:

terbear1225

Because I don't think we need to waste more of our tax dollars doing the parents job. Where does it ####ing end?

to a certain extent, I agree with you BUT if we are going to hold schools and teachers personally responsible for students' academic success to the point where their funding/pay check is based on how students perform on standardized tests, shouldn't those schools be able to monitor something that could have a HUGE impact on those scores?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
to a certain extent, I agree with you BUT if we are going to hold schools and teachers personally responsible for students' academic success to the point where their funding/pay check is based on how students perform on standardized tests, shouldn't those schools be able to monitor something that could have a HUGE impact on those scores?

No.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm all for...

...comprehensive, random drug and alcohol testing from the top down.

Start with the president.

Then, both houses of congress.

Then, all governors, mayors and state reps.

Then ALL lawyers and judges.

Then, all the police.

Then, depending on the results, we'll look into teachers and parents.

Then, we can look at the kiddies and say "This is for your own good..."

mAlice

professional daydreamer
...comprehensive, random drug and alcohol testing from the top down.

Start with the president.

Then, both houses of congress.

Then, all governors, mayors and state reps.

Then ALL lawyers and judges.

Then, all the police.

Then, depending on the results, we'll look into teachers and parents.

Then, we can look at the kiddies and say "This is for your own good..."

NO. The taxpayer still has to foot the bill.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

But being a parent you know there are an astronomical number of parents that don't do their job.

That being said, we should take every step we need to to ensure other kid's safety and well being.

If 10% of the students aren't being parented, are allowed to do drugs (knowingly or unknowingly) then steps should be taken to shield the other 90% from them. No matter we say or do, we will NEVER get 100% parenting from 100% of the parents.

I'd say sift through the disablity payroll, and take someworthless parasites off of that roll to pay for drug testing in schools.. but again, you get back to.. "We caught 14 year old Jimmy doing drugs.. now what?"

MMDad

Lem Putt
JUST like when the Army started testing.. and as time went on those numbers shrunk considerabley..
I see a problem with requiring the kids to attend school, then requiring the test. You chose to join the Army. If you didn't want to be tested, you could have taken a different career path. Students do not have that option.

I don't like the idea of the nanny state saying "you will attend school, and you will get tested" with no other options.

Teacher should get one chance.. burn one, get a write up, and a warning.. burn two. G-Bye..

I don't have any problem testing the teachers. If they don't want to get tested, they can work at WaWa.

But, there should not be any "one chance" to it. As long as they self refer and ask for help, they keep their job. Wait until you get caught, you get fired.