EAST PALESTINE, Ohio (train derail)

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am not sure if many are following this, because I have not seen mainstream media covering it. You can google the various articles but basically a train derailment that ended in an explosion of chemicals that witnesses said burned your eyes 10-15 plus miles away. Some reports are saying fish are floating to the top of the water nearby, dead. NY Post is saying there are reports of animals dying. https://nypost.com/2023/02/10/animals-sick-dying-near-east-palestine-ohio-train-crash/

It is 2022, and you would think more caution would be taken when transporting toxic chemicals. :rolleyes:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am not sure if many are following this, because I have not seen mainstream media covering it. You can google the various articles but basically a train derailment that ended in an explosion of chemicals that witnesses said burned your eyes 10-15 plus miles away. Some reports are saying fish are floating to the top of the water nearby, dead. NY Post is saying there are reports of animals dying. https://nypost.com/2023/02/10/animals-sick-dying-near-east-palestine-ohio-train-crash/

It is 2023 and you would think more caution would be taken when transporting toxic chemicals. :rolleyes:

Fixed

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well, if they reduced train crews from 2 to 1 and made the train 1/2 mile londer, this wouldn't have happened.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It's Ohio. How can they tell which floating dead fish and dead animals are a result of the accident?
They say the dead fish and animals were only noticed after the incident.

Plus, they arrested a News Nation reporter, and the reasons are not all that clear, who was trying to put out a live report on the incident. Lambert used to be with Fox 5 in Washington prior to 2021.

herb749

It is 2022, and you would think more caution would be taken when transporting toxic chemicals. :rolleyes:

Too early to ask if those extra sick days started .? :rolleyes:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Oh yeah.

It's MY Truck that's responsible for atmospheric contaminants. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BOP

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Oh yeah.

It's MY Truck that's responsible for atmospheric contaminants. :rolleyes:

I said the same thing last night. You hear about these "accidents," that in hindsight happen because of stupidity and my gas powered vehicle gets blamed. :confused:

Reactions: BOP

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I just replaced several rugs & pads in our bedroom that were made from polyvinyl chloride. My husband washed them outside with a cleaner machine and hung them on the fence to dry. At the time it was in the high 80's, low 90's and he let them bake in the sun to dry. When he brought them back into the house, I detected a funny smell. I did some research and learned that with these types of rugs, exposing them to heat can cause them to release toxic chemicals. My eyes felt it for sure. I ditched them quick and replaced them with safer rugs.

I cannot imagine what this could do to the environment when burned in mass quantities like this. I agree all this seems like more of a story than we are hearing about. Instead, we are hearing about foreign object being shot out of the sky with zero follow up from our gooberment.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Buttigieg Asleep at the Wheel for Another Fiasco

Toxic Ohio Train Derailment Sparks Federal Lawsuit, Calls for Health Tests

A federal lawsuit has been launched in the wake of the fiery derailment of a train carrying toxic chemicals along the Ohio-Pennsylvania line last week.

The action seeks to force Norfolk Southern to initiate health testing for residents in both states.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Well ..... I for one am super happy that we don't have trains such as those in Ohio passing through our area. I'm beginning to think that those in that area, or near, are faucked. No one is coming to help them. There will be no consequences for those responsible. Any lawsuits will take at a minimum, 10 years. And since the medical establishment has been taken over and consolidated, with doctors now employees of hospitals and medical centers, I would wager that the proper reporting and monitoring will be non-existent; just as it was with fudging the COVID numbers for side effects and deaths, for fear of those doctors losing their licence to practice.

*Edit: Added.

One more thing. You know when there is a media news blackout of an event when there are no stories of this intentional burning of chemicals accident posted on The Daily Mail. Because, usually, they are the first, or at least timed equally, with most other major news events. The silence is deafening. And telling in that there is a serious problem facing the residents of the area. This is where a NBC, (Nuclear Biological, Chemical), mask would come in handy for those still in the area. Everyone should evacuate to areas opposite of the prevailing winds direction. Same for those in western PA.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
No one is coming to help them. There will be no consequences for those responsible.
They just need someone to declare that this tragedy is affecting black & brown people disproportionately, then help will come flooding in there. Or it's harming the trans community by interfering with their hormone therapy, that will probably end with the government banning trains.

I'm just glad the SW US governors didn't put illegals in boxcars when they shipped them out. That wouldn't be a good look. Efficient but a really bad optic.