EAST PALESTINE, Ohio (train derail)

gemma_rae

I've seen comments on some of these articles mentioning recent reductions in safety measures due to cutbacks in force associated with rail union contracts where Biden screwed the rail workers over.

However, I'll bet $1.00 Biden and the media start blaming Putin and the Russians by the end of the week.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
WTF is happening???
Sadly, we are all asking that question. The one reporter that went down there to do a live report ended up in lock-up overnight. I hope nobody missed that earlier posting of mine on that. The authorities said "trespassing." Nobody tackles a person to the floor and cuffs them for a stupid trespassing charge.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

I'm not sure if I have previously seen Flex posted here but he is a good follow. I started following him when the Game Stop stuff happened.

PJay

I missed this and am seeing it now. I started a new thread on this and the one in Texas. That makes 3.
Sorry for posting the new derailments in your thread if wished me not to. Just so much is happening...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It isn't just Ohio, Texas, or South Carolina its everywhere trains run. On average there are 1,704 derailments a year (BTS statistics covering 1990 to 2021).

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Sorry for posting the new derailments in your thread if wished me not to. Just so much is happening...
You do not owe me an "I'm sorry." I don't run this place. :roflmao:

I just wanted to post an FYI. We know so little about the TX and SC one so far.

PJay

Netflix recently released a film called White Noise about a train derailment of toxic chemicals causing a massive explosion and deadly event in East Palestine, Ohio.

Louise

I suspect the EPA will be a bit more concerned than will DOT.

I guess it’s too much to expect more from Mike Flynn.
I know Flynn. His sister was a teacher at PHS when my daughter was in high school. If you hate The USA so much, why don’t you move out? Just wondering.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'll bet $1.00 Biden and the media start blaming Putin and the Russians by the end of the week.
My money is on climate change, white supremists and parents attending PTA meetings. Not necessarily in that order.