EAST PALESTINE, Ohio (train derail)

WingsOfGold

They just need someone to declare that this tragedy is affecting black & brown people disproportionately, then help will come flooding in there. Or it's harming the trans community by interfering with their hormone therapy, that will probably end with the government banning trains.

I'm just glad the SW US governors didn't put illegals in boxcars when they shipped them out. That wouldn't be a good look. Efficient but a really bad optic.
According to wiki....... The racial makeup of the city was 98.2% White, 0.2% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.4% from other races, and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.9% of the population.

So in short that ain't gonna happen.

Hijinx

We really should not make fun of this kid because of her green hair and rings through her nose and the fact that she needs her mouth washed out with soap, her comments are probably the best truth we will hear

stgislander

PREMO Member
My hometown in western Mass. has a very large railyard.
Used to be a main hub for the Boston and Albany.
These days it's Amtrak and ConRail.

My 2 Italian great grandfathers worked there as did a few of their sons.
wmconfused4.gif

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

☕️ IGNITION ☙ Monday, February 13, 2023 ☙ C&C NEWS 🦠

New Jersey’s Fact Sheet says burning vinyl chloride makes it into hydrogen chloride, which easily binds with water to make hydrochloric acid, and phosgene, a deadly gas, the use of which is a war crime. Hydrogen chloride is not much fun either, as the Encyclopedia Brittanica points out:

Exposure to 0.1 percent by volume hydrogen chloride gas in the atmosphere may cause death in a few minutes. Concentrated hydrochloric acid causes burns and inflammation of the skin.​

On February 6th, the same day the experts detonated the chemicals, CBS News ran a story reporting dead fish appearing in creeks up to five miles away. The sub-headline read, “A couple who live about five miles from where the train derailed spotted dead fish in Leslie Run on Sunday night and Monday morning; KDKA’s Erica Mokay reports.”

The Ohio River is only fifteen miles from the site of the accident.

On February 7th, two days after experts blew up the vinyl chloride, the Journal reported a mandatory evacuation in East Palestine was underway. Note that they didn’t evacuate folks BEFORE they blew up the chemicals.* In other words, they didn’t predict the fallout.

* UPDATE 11:20am. A commenter who lives in the area said there was a pre-venting evacuation within a one-mile radius. Officials failed to foresee the need for the larger evacuation.

On February 8th, the Pennsylvania Department of Health published a fact sheet reassuring residents there was no danger to them or to their animals:

On February 9th, the Journal reported residents had been cleared to return home and start baking casseroles and making hot chocolate. Nothing to worry about. It’s fine.

Meanwhile, social media posts by locals were telling a completely different, much more dramatic, and wildly alarming story. Locals have been reporting a massive wildlife die off. Fish dying in streams, flocks of birds falling out of the sky, chickens and cows dying on farms, pets dying in people’s yards. Reports of animal deaths up to 100 miles away were appearing as of this morning.

I couldn’t confirm any of those animal deaths except for the fish kills. There’re no local media reports of dead animals, and I found no credible first-hand posts or video on social media. So for now, all we know for sure is that a LOT of fish died.

On the fourth day following the explosion, the corporate media narrative started mutating. The Journal ran its final story on the derailment on February 10th, three days ago, and the headline read, “Train Axle Was On Fire Before Derailment, Video Shows.”

It was already burning? Oh. Okay. So … I guess it would have exploded anyway, is that right? That’s what we’re supposed to conclude? They couldn’t put the fire out somehow?

A long detailed blog post at the link

PJay

For your consideration ...

Well ..... I for one am super happy that we don't have trains such as those in Ohio passing through our area. I'm beginning to think that those in that area, or near, are faucked. No one is coming to help them. There will be no consequences for those responsible. Any lawsuits will take at a minimum, 10 years. And since the medical establishment has been taken over and consolidated, with doctors now employees of hospitals and medical centers, I would wager that the proper reporting and monitoring will be non-existent; just as it was with fudging the COVID numbers for side effects and deaths, for fear of those doctors losing their licence to practice.

*Edit: Added.

One more thing. You know when there is a media news blackout of an event when there are no stories of this intentional burning of chemicals accident posted on The Daily Mail. Because, usually, they are the first, or at least timed equally, with most other major news events. The silence is deafening. And telling in that there is a serious problem facing the residents of the area. This is where a NBC, (Nuclear Biological, Chemical), mask would come in handy for those still in the area. Everyone should evacuate to areas opposite of the prevailing winds direction. Same for those in western PA.

"Chemicals from the East Palestine train derailment and explosion contaminated the Ohio River all the way to West Virginia, a source of water for more than 5 million people, according to West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice."