Eat your veggies!

NextJen

Raisin cane
I wasn't aware lamb was a veggie

It was a vague (poor) movie reference to My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
Your dinner sounds delish.
I'm having cold coffee with a splash of Jim Beam.
At least there's corn in there somewhere.....

It was a vague (poor) movie reference to My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
Your dinner sounds delish.
I'm having cold coffee with a splash of Jim Beam.
At least there's corn in there somewhere.....
Ok, never saw it.

Cold coffee and a splash, huh? Wonderful...

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
America's least favorite veggies:
  • Turnip (27 percent)
I'm waiting for one of our esteemed forum members to pounce and say, "See, Trump is America's least favorite! And he IS a vegetable! But I disagree with the disapproval rating; it's MUCH higher."

--- End of line (MCP)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2016-12-16-1481903900-9261676-Fredo-thumb.JPG

FIFY

mitzi

Speaking of fresh veggies, has anyone ever seen fresh beets at any store here? I have never been able to find them.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I've just started picking Swiss chard from the garden. Not as tender as spinach, more tender than kale, won't go to seed with the hot weather. The perfect veggie, very young makes an excellent salad, as it grows serve steamed or sauteed.

Sauteed with garlic and crushed red pepper, oh YUM!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Speaking of fresh veggies, has anyone ever seen fresh beets at any store here? I have never been able to find them.
I've seen them plenty of times at Harris Teeter. Giant - usually, but once or twice I've specifically needed them before and they happened to be out. I just got some last weekend at the Farmer's Market in the BAE parking lot.

jrt_ms1995

Mushrooms aren't vegetables, they're fungi (and my favorite fungi ... waaaaay ahead of jock itch and athlete's foot!)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I love all vegetables with the exception of wax beans and lima beans.
I was actually surprised lima beans didn't make the list. I know quite a few people traumatized for life having been forced to eat them as a kid. :lol: I personally love both of them and can tear up some succotash. 😋

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was actually surprised lima beans didn't make the list. I know quite a few people traumatized for life having been forced to eat them as a kid. :lol: I personally love both of them and can tear up some succotash. 😋
They, like garbanzo beans, are like eating chalk. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've seen them plenty of times at Harris Teeter. Giant - usually, but once or twice I've specifically needed them before and they happened to be out. I just got some last weekend at the Farmer's Market in the BAE parking lot.
They had some at Shopper's last week. I went last Saturday to both the Farmer's Market in the BAE parking lot and the Homegrown Farmer's Market by gate 3, and both had them. I would love to find some golden beets around here - they are the bomb!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The canned lima beans my mom would force on me as a kid are disgusting, but Desertrat made those fresh limas with bacon and onion when we were all at OBX and they were SO good.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The canned lima beans my mom would force on me as a kid are disgusting, but Desertrat made those fresh limas with bacon and onion when we were all at OBX and they were SO good.

I remember that and they were! You were so skeptical and kept looking at the pot with a jaundiced eye. :lol:

They usually have them at Whole Foods in Annapolis. But I'll bet if you asked Harris Teeter or Giant they'd be able to hook you up.

Thanks. I'll be heading back from the shore Monday and will plan to stop there on the way back!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Bacon makes everything better.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
bacon mixed in with any fresh veggies is how I initially got my skeptical kids to start eating them :lol: brussel sprouts roasted with some pancetta is a favorite in our house.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
bacon mixed in with any fresh veggies is how I initially got my skeptical kids to start eating them :lol: brussel sprouts roasted with some pancetta is a favorite in our house.
I grew up hating brussels sprouts. They are now one of my favorites!