Eating non-meat animals - right or wrong?

Azzy

Nanny Pam said:
:yeahthat: Pretty much.

I would never eat it, I won't even eat deer, squirrel, rabbit, etc. If its not poultry, beef, pork or seafood, you can keep it.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I'm still not understanding what a non-meat animal is. Are they made of Spam? Is that where we get Spam from? :jameo: I've always wondered that....

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Tinkerbell said:
I'm still not understanding what a non-meat animal is. Are they made of Spam? Is that where we get Spam from? :jameo: I've always wondered that....

I apologize. I couldn't think of any other term. A "meat animal" is any domesticated animal that is raised for meat. Other domesticated animals are raised as pets or as beasts of burden. Most Americans don't consider dogs or cats to be meat animals, while Hindus do not regard cows as meat animals for religious reasons. I was suggesting that it should be a matter of individual choice rather than cultural custom.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
I apologize. I couldn't think of any other term. A "meat animal" is any domesticated animal that is raised for meat. Other domesticated animals are raised as pets or as beasts of burden. Most Americans don't consider dogs or cats to be meat animals, while Hindus do not regard cows as meat animals for religious reasons. I was suggesting that it should be a matter of individual choice rather than cultural custom.
Tell the truth Tonio, you're thinking "Soylent Green", aren't you?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Ken King said:
Tell the truth Tonio, you're thinking "Soylent Green", aren't you?

:lol: CBS could up the ante on "Survivor" by waiting until the cast turns to cannibalism to survive.

Sailor #4: How we feeling, Captain? <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: Not too good. I...I feel so weak. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #2: We can't hold out much longer. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: Listen...chaps...there's still a chance. I'm...done for, I've...got a gamy leg and I'm going fast; I'll never get through. But...some of you might. So...you'd better eat me. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1: Eat you, sir? <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: Yes. Eat me. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #2: Iiuuhh! With a gamy leg? <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: You didn't eat the leg, Thompson. There's still plenty of good meat. Look at that arm. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #3: It's not just the leg, sir. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: What do you mean? <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: Well, sir...it's just that - <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: Why don't you want to eat me? <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #3: I'd rather eat Johnson, sir! (points to sailor #4)<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #2: So would I, sir. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: I see. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #4: Well that's settled then...everyone's gonna eat me!<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1: Uh, well. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: What, sir? <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1:: No, no you go ahead, please, I won't.......<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #4: Oh nonsense, sir, you're starving; ducking. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1: No, no, it's not that. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #2: What's the matter with Johnson, sir?<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1: Well, he's not kosher. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #3: That depends how we kill him, sir. <o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1: Yes, that's true. But to be perfectly frank I...I like my meat a little more lean. I'd rather eat Hodges.<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #2: Oh well, all right.<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: I still prefer Johnson.<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #5: I wish you'd all stop bickering and eat me.<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #2: Look. I tell you what. Those who want to can eat Johnson. And you, sir, can have my leg. And we make some stock from the Captain, and then we'll have Johnson cold for supper.<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1: Good thinking, Hodges.<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #4: And we'll finish off with the peaches. (picks up a tin of . peaches)<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #3: And we can start off with the avocados. (picks up two avocados)<o:p></o:p>

Sailor #1: Waitress! (a waitress walks in) We've decided now, we're going to have leg of Hodges...<o:p></o:p>

(Boos off-screen. Cut to a letter.)<o:p></o:p>

Voice Over: Dear Sir, I am glad to hear that your studio audience disapproves of the last skit as strongly as I. As a naval officer I abhor the implication that the Royal Navy is a haven for cannibalism. It is well known that we now have the problem relatively under control, and that it is the RAF who now suffer the largest casualties in this area. And what do you think the Argylls ate in Aden. Arabs? Yours etc. Captain B.J. Smethwick in a white wine sauce with shallots, mushrooms and garlic.<o:p></o:p>

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>

<!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BlackSheep said:
Last time I checked, human teeth weren't designed to eat meat :smack: ...it's all big business...
They're not?? Mine seem to be pretty good at it..

So then, explain to me why we have an appendix??

Last edited:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Tonio said:

Heck.. I say, if it tastes good - eat it. :yay:

itsbob said:
They're not?? Mine seem to be pretty good at it..

:yeahthat: I'm pretty sure the canine teeth are for meat. :rolleyes:

MMDad

Lem Putt
BlackSheep said:
Last time I checked, human teeth weren't designed to eat meat :smack: ...it's all big business...
According to Colorado State:
Humans evolved as omnivores, and our teeth reflect this history.

Who did you check with? Do you have a reference?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
MMDad said:
According to Colorado State:

Who did you check with? Do you have a reference?

You're on a roll today! Sorry, I can't give you any more karma. :lol: