Elderly dog,what to do?

buddscreekman

KDENISE,BayKat,Joe....you all are very wrong about this. To say a pet isn't a family member,and that I am just looking for a vet to kill my dog is retarded. Why would I pay for sedation,and grooming,in a roundabout way of putting him to sleep? As for me getting personal,this is personal. I love my dog.You're a couple of self righteous c***ts. I never lashed out or was hateful until now,nor was I looking for compassion and understanding. I asked for info,and I got it. Karma,ladies,is my real point. BayKat,you're not getting any younger. Better hope no one sees you as an inconvenience as you get older. KDENISE,you've got little ones. Hopefully all healthy and normal,or you'll give them the ol heave ho. We got the info we needed,and even better,our dog got groomed. I guess since you all think I have some passive aggressive death wish for him and his life isn't worth living I should put him up for adoption. mamatutu - your pets seem to drop like flies. Interested?

Roman

We've already tried Well Pet in Waldorf and they wouldn't sedate. Is Calvert different people? As in different workers who won't recognize us as being the same ones they already said no to?
Yes, Calvert Well Pet is different. They sedated my OLD cat, and they did a great job. Ollie is as Happy as a Clam.

mamatutu

mama to two
KDENISE,BayKat,Joe....you all are very wrong about this. To say a pet isn't a family member,and that I am just looking for a vet to kill my dog is retarded. Why would I pay for sedation,and grooming,in a roundabout way of putting him to sleep? As for me getting personal,this is personal. I love my dog.You're a couple of self righteous c***ts. I never lashed out or was hateful until now,nor was I looking for compassion and understanding. I asked for info,and I got it. Karma,ladies,is my real point. BayKat,you're not getting any younger. Better hope no one sees you as an inconvenience as you get older. KDENISE,you've got little ones. Hopefully all healthy and normal,or you'll give them the ol heave ho. We got the info we needed,and even better,our dog got groomed. I guess since you all think I have some passive aggressive death wish for him and his life isn't worth living I should put him up for adoption. mamatutu - your pets seem to drop like flies. Interested?

Well, Budd, you accomplished your mission. While reading your post, I was feeling sharp jabs in my stomach. Yes, you are hateful. So, glad your dog is groomed, and you are the only forumite that loves his pet soooooooo much! As far as dropping like flies, my dogs were 14, spent their lives together, and happened to die within a few months of each other. Your interpretation of others' posts is very interesting. Do you carry the same nasty attitude around with you every day, as you go about your life's business? If I see you post on this forum, I will remember not to reply; it would be a total waste of my time. Love and peace.

Edit: The use of the "c" word tells alot about the person who is using it.

Last edited:

Rt235

Budd, I am glad things worked out and you got the help you needed for your dog.
You all have a happy summer!
Be well!.

Roman

I read the whole Thread, and didn't see where Budd's Dog is so bad off, other than he is old, and has had a History of biting when Groomed. I had a Dog that was 21 years, and 3 months old. She had a wonderful quality of life. She enjoyed her food, playing Fetch, and being loved on, and sleeping in front of the Fire Place, right to the end. We woke up one morning, to find her in her favorite Sleeping Area, with her favorite Tennis Ball next to her. She died in her sleep, curled in her usual Ball. In most cases, Euthanasia is a good thing, but not in ALL cases. Budd's Dog is very lucky that he has him on his side. If the Dog can get up to pee, play a little Ball, enjoy a Treat, lay in the Sun, and enjoy being loved by his People, why would that be considered wrong? I think this Heat we've been having, is making some of us a little too touchy. Give Budd, and his Pup a break. They deserve that.

KDENISE977

Good

Luck

Attachments

• tolerance.jpg
    tolerance.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 129

Roman

I probably misunderstood your reply KDenise, but I don't see where my reply was wrong. My Dog was in no pain, she was alert, and could even swim in the River on a daily basis. Three months before she passed, all her Blood Work, and Dental exam came back good, and she got her Immunizations. Not once did her Vet recommend she be put to sleep, because "Dog" was a happy & Healthy, well-Loved Pet. Who's to say that Budd's Dog isn't the same? Only he knows, and I've read a lot of his Posts before, he seems like a caring level-headed guy, that will know when to let go of his dog. I hope that I don't sound mean in this Post, I am not upset at anyone on here. I just think that he was having a bad day maybe, so he lashed out. I try to overlook these things, and not let the written word crawl up my azz. I emphasize the word "Try".

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Very classy. I'm afraid the only one that Karma will catch up to in this thread is you. You really should go back to the beginning and start all over, read each suggestion and your reply to that suggestion. Your replies were nasty and sarcastic. There was no need for that. All you had to do was ignore the suggestion or say "thanks for the advice, I'll consider it" or something like that. Point is, you really have no class. I'd really hate to be the people you are dealing with in real life. The vet you went to probably doesn't want anything to do with you now.

KDENISE977

I probably misunderstood your reply KDenise, but I don't see where my reply was wrong. My Dog was in no pain, she was alert, and could even swim in the River on a daily basis. Three months before she passed, all her Blood Work, and Dental exam came back good, and she got her Immunizations. Not once did her Vet recommend she be put to sleep, because "Dog" was a happy & Healthy, well-Loved Pet. Who's to say that Budd's Dog isn't the same? Only he knows, and I've read a lot of his Posts before, he seems like a caring level-headed guy, that will know when to let go of his dog. I hope that I don't sound mean in this Post, I am not upset at anyone on here. I just think that he was having a bad day maybe, so he lashed out. I try to overlook these things, and not let the written word crawl up my azz. I emphasize the word "Try".

You're dog sounds different from what he described. He said his dog can't hear or see well? And is a known biter, his words, not mine. Happy dog????

Roman

You're dog sounds different from what he described. He said his dog can't hear or see well? And is a known biter, his words, not mine. Happy dog????
Dog was Hearing Impared, but she could hear, and she was Visually Handicapped, and so am I, I guess you could consider me as being Half Blind. I have a 14-17 year old Cat that IS deaf, and partially Blind, but he can still catch Mice, and enjoy a good Belly Rub here & there. And give him some Tuna..he's in Kitty Heavin. From Budd's previous Posts, I have taken it that his Pup has always been a Biter, I might be wrong. But if that's the case, I am sure that his Dog is not suffering. I thank you for your most kind reply, I mean no harm.

Roman

2 clarify sumthin, betcha sum1 that used that word, & was overheard by sum1, & unfortunately her date was 2 shy 2 say anything. & that sawryazz that said that may be still wonderin how those wires got in his smartazz foul mouth snout, let alone how long they`ll remain?????? no matta what kinda "bad hair" day any1 has, that foul mouth t totally unacceptable word should neva, repeat NEVA b used, unless 1 is prepared 4 the consequences. now ya get it? if nawt, quite sure sum1 can break it down 4 who(m)eva has a glitch in comprehension skillz.

justa few words of advice, ask to delete this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & very, very nicely.

as a matta of fact, that sum1 used that azzholes fon 2 dial 911. take yr time, he aint goin nowhere soon.
Hey Lance...Hope this finds you sipping a yummy beverage on a Beach somewhere!! Was this comment geared toward me? Just FYI...I wasn't condoning his verbage, I was just defending the Man's decision about his Dog.

Roman

Dog

:stupid:Are we having a Bad Day today Lance? I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, you don't have to rub my nose in it man!!

Rt235

I guess you forgot that the majority of a dogs "input" is his sense of smell.
Dog can also "feel" sounds, as in vibrations thru the floor and their pads.
There is a lot about dogs we do not understand, and how we define "happy" is obviously not how you define it, or how the dog defines and feels it.

Biting is a defensive behavior and maybe because he cant see or hear well, a bite is a warning vs an aggressive behavior, like, "leave me alone".
As I said before, you do not know this man or his dog, so please stop judging based on your singular experiences.

Thank you!

Rt235

You are the one judging and seriously need to know what you re talking about before you post such nonsense. You need to go back to your section 8 housing post !!
I live and breath my dogs and have had to put them down when the quality of life wasn't out weighing my need to have them around and to hug every day.

I am overjoyed you live and breath dogs and sad you have had to put them down. That is your experiences and your emotions.

Please do not think that you "know" what this man is going thru.
I have not judged anyone here, not have I been rude and nasty.
I simply said that there is no way for you to know what Budd is going thru or how his dog feels. It is impossible for you to do so.

I respect his situation and his feelings he has for his dog and that is all I can do.

I also respect your unique situation and am at a loss at to why you feel the need to assume you know all about everyone and everything, but I respect it and will not debate you any further.

Thank You!

mamatutu

mama to two
There is a lot about dogs we do not understand, and how we define "happy" is obviously not how you define it, or how the dog defines and feels it.

Biting is a defensive behavior and maybe because he cant see or hear well, a bite is a warning vs an aggressive behavior, like, "leave me alone".
As I said before, you do not know this man or his dog, so please stop judging based on your singular experiences.

Thank you!

I have a good "feel" about animals. I think Budd's dog would want this thread to RIP. Just a thought.

KDENISE977

Thank you!

And maybe you forgot or maybe don't know, that those things your speak of is a learned behavior. Not one that is natural to a dog who for all their life has been healthy?!?!

Last edited:

KDENISE977

Lance2U said:
Humans, as in ppl have learned behaviors, and they learn by mistake, @ least smart 1s do. Those that don`t, can get their butts in a world of .hit if not real quik, & it may not result in a kennel to retreat to or a warm meal!!!

This is 2012 & may be called retrograde 4 we young generation(s). tyvm, ywia

This thread is like dead in the water.

Agreed. This tread is dead. Outcome being owner of said dog is a massive prick and 235 is a moron. Sure hope dog is feeling better despite his prick daddy.