Electric Bill!

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
I dont know if anyone posted this yet, and i dont feel like reading, but as i posted in the other thread, electricity rates went up 29 percent. Wheni got my bill, i almost decided to quit life.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I dont know if anyone posted this yet, and i dont feel like reading, but as i posted in the other thread, electricity rates went up 29 percent. Wheni got my bill, i almost decided to quit life.
That makes sense. My bills were around $94 monthly - a big difference from a year ago when it was running $200 monthly. After replacing the old fridge in the garage with a new one, my electric bill dropped $100 a month. With the increase, I'm averaging $120 monthly now.

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
That makes sense. My bills were around $94 monthly - a big difference from a year ago when it was running $200 monthly. After replacing the old fridge in the garage with a new one, my electric bill dropped $100 a month. With the increase, I'm averaging $120 monthly now.

Mine is normally 250ish.

My last bill was 450.
:dead:

CAE

...electricity rates went up 29 percent. Wheni got my bill, i almost decided to quit life.

Are you sure? I mentioned this in a thread on the 'Life in SoMD' forum about the same topic. I looked at bills covering the last 14 months and the rate has always been between $0.13 and $0.16 per kWh.

I'm not ready to quit life... but I may need a trip to the emergency room !!!

Josimmon

Where did you get that information from? Are you sure you are talking about SMECO? My rates did not go up that much.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
If you don't mind me asking, how old was your fridge? What type of new fridge did you get?

tater

Listen to this around the minute 2:15 mark and imagine what electricity prices are going to be. Now THAT'S change we can believe in :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If you don't mind me asking, how old was your fridge? What type of new fridge did you get?
Our old fridge was 20 years old, if not more. A very nice shade of baby puke avocado. :lol: We didn't plan on getting rid of it - and didn't even know it was costing us $100 a month just to run. However, friends of ours replaced their appliances and we got their old fridge, which was about 10 years old. Since then our electric bills have been normal.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
Our old fridge was 20 years old, if not more. A very nice shade of baby puke avocado. :lol: We didn't plan on getting rid of it - and didn't even know it was costing us $100 a month just to run. However, friends of ours replaced their appliances and we got their old fridge, which was about 10 years old. Since then our electric bills have been normal.
Thank you for the info. My electric is 240 for this months bill....just trying to see if our 12 year old fridge might be a contributer.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Thank you for the info. My electric is 240 for this months bill....just trying to see if our 12 year old fridge might be a contributer.

Both of ours are around that in age. My bill averages $100 usually, but this month's bill is slightly higher. I have gas heat and appliances and my Washington Gas bill averages $30.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I am on the Monthly Payment Plan, and just got an adjustment increase with the February bill. I was at $200 per month, but now I am up to $246 per month......which is still much better than a lot of you are reporting as your electric bill.

We keep out house warm, in the neighborhood of ~ 73 degrees while we're at home and awake, and ~ 68 degrees when we're gone and while we're sleeping. I do LOTS of laundry, cook every day, bake a lot, and have multiple big appliances running all of the time (large chest freezer, two large fridges, a huge wine chiller, two computers and at least two tv's running simultaneously, plus an assortment of other smaller appliances).

So, in comparison, I'm thinking that $246 per month really isn't that awful. :ohwell:

STAYATHOMEMAMA3

Our home is 1100 sq ft, and our bill was an outrageous $539.99, I almost hit the floor when I opened it, and for Dec it was $415, their excuse was oh it always higher at xmas, UGHHHHH!!!! I purposely keep my thermostat low, to avoid a high bill. This is just out of control!!! I even had them come out and check my meter, of course they say it is working fine. SOB'S.:banghead:

GRN96WS6

November and December were $400 and January was $500....I'm hating SMECO and electric heat right now. I don't know why gas heat isn't more common here since it gets cold.