Electric Bill!

gemma_rae

Our house is approx. 1875 square feet including the garage, no basement do have a crawl space. All electric. Smeco bill this month was $486:faint: Not much cheaper last month either.

Mine was the same as last month... and my hot water heater has been off all month???

@ 1,000 square ft home, 1 person and I am only home @ 3 hrs a day... bill was 150.00 . Last year it ran @ 75.00 in the winter

Justme2

November and December were $400 and January was $500....I'm hating SMECO and electric heat right now. I don't know why gas heat isn't more common here since it gets cold.

Gas heat is not any cheaper . I know some one that uses gas heat and their bill still in the same range 4 to 5 hundred every month:cds::cds:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Well I'm sorry but I dont get all the huge bills. Just opened my Feb. and used 1795kWh @ $199.00. I now have $1,012.00 credit with smeco ($246.00 even mthly plan) :yahoo:

misshelper

But still it shouldn't be that high.. Nothing is on but the TV.. it's stupid... Never in my life have I had a bills this high.. I'll be glad when we can move...

That's why I said it. Couldn't have been the reason the bills were high. Tv may be the only thing "on" but I'm sure like others a bunch of stuff plugged in. My electric bill at the old house was going up last yr around Jan, it was 400-500 then.

razzle1127

we got a pellet stove this year to help with the costs ( so we thought ) we have not had the heat on in months, its been the stove only and our bill is still the same as it was when we were running the heat non stop (300.00)
we live in a single wide trailer and we keep the front bedroom door shut to help when it is cold out. i was hoping to see a big change in the electric bill im really pissed that its still high.

whitedove

we got a pellet stove this year to help with the costs ( so we thought ) we have not had the heat on in months, its been the stove only and our bill is still the same as it was when we were running the heat non stop (300.00)
we live in a single wide trailer and we keep the front bedroom door shut to help when it is cold out. i was hoping to see a big change in the electric bill im really pissed that its still high.
About 2 years ago our heating unit was not working. So we were using no heat but our woodstove to heat house. I notice before this happen our bill was high. So I had guy from smeco come out to look at meter. He tells me nothing is wrong but we both are looking at it going around like crazy. I take this person into my home to show him no lights on and heating is shut down. At this time we were waiting for a part to come in that needed to be replace. I made this guy call whoever he had to call to replace out meter on the outside of my house. After 25 minutes of whoever he was talking with he did replace oustside meter. My next bil was so less then other months. With this being said we just started useing the woodstove more when the winter months come. Our last bill was $152.43. I read this meter everyday before I leave for work. Am now unpluging lamps, computer, tv,coffee pot or whatever else that I can do. Am useing my woodstove to heat house. I dont cook alot and wash clothes twice a week. I just read the meter and so far I've used 598 kwh which last bill was 963 kwh.
So smeco can kiss my butt.
Have a person live next door to me. They have a smaller home and bill was over $300.00 which is just nuts.