Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control

But not as bad as is sounds.........

The relevant factor to consider here is the delta between the range achieved by a new car with a fresh battery and how much range it still has after three years, agnostic of overall vehicle mileage as this point isn't plotted in the above charts. This figure appears to be between 6% and 8.5% before leveling off at the three-year mark—not too shabby, if you ask us.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
15 yrs and 200,000 miles later my 1995 Saturn was still getting 32ish mpg on the highway

[ would have been better except for the ethanol mandated gas ]

phreddyp

15 yrs and 200,000 miles later my 1995 Saturn was still getting 32ish mpg on the highway

[ would have been better except for the ethanol mandated gas ]
You can see that with your own eyes so it doesn't count. Only observations done by third parties are acceptable.

PeoplesElbow

I've always beat the EPA estimates for mileage, even back in the 90s when their testing was a bit easier to achieve high mileage. I've seen people complain to no end online when they couldn't achieve the EPA MPG on their new car. (It's their driving style btw).

I'd imagine with a BEV the average consumer would be very unhappy.

glhs837

Power with Control
You can see that with your own eyes so it doesn't count. Only observations done by third parties are acceptable.

I've never said that. Your eyewitness accounts are valid as far as what you eyewitnessed. What they are not valid for is trying to extrapolate those eyewitness results into global statements of fact that apply to everything of that type. If he were to say that all Saturns lasted 200K and returned that same MPG over that 200k wouldn't be valid.

Well, that can’t be! :mad:

Our resident, EV lobbyist assured us that was fake news.

Nope, I did no such thing. I quoted a line from the same article that he posted that places these losses into a different context.

phreddyp

I've never said that. Your eyewitness accounts are valid as far as what you eyewitnessed. What they are not valid for is trying to extrapolate those eyewitness results into global statements of fact that apply to everything of that type. If he were to say that all Saturns lasted 200K and returned that same MPG over that 200k wouldn't be valid.

Nope, I did no such thing. I quoted a line from the same article that he posted that places these losses into a different context.
You have been inferring that very thing for over two years. Don't try to bullshit your way out of that, it ain't gonna work.:jameo:
Please try again.

glhs837

Power with Control
You have been inferring that very thing for over two years. Don't try to bullshit your way out of that, it ain't gonna work.:jameo:
Please try again.

Nope, I firmly believe your neighbors have had two EVs they hate. Anecdotal stories can be true. What they cant be is validation that the facts in that story are universal facts.

That would be akin to me saying that since my two neighbors, both widows, have shown no signs of remarrying, it must be true that no widows over the age of 60 intend to remarry. To quote myself - Anecdotal data isn't.

phreddyp

Nope, I firmly believe your neighbors have had two EVs they hate. Anecdotal stories can be true. What they cant be is validation that the facts in that story are universal facts.

That would be akin to me saying that since my two neighbors, both widows, have shown no signs of remarrying, it must be true that no widows over the age of 60 intend to remarry. To quote myself - Anecdotal data isn't.
Keep strokin baby .

glhs837

Power with Control
Now you are whining. Want some cheese?
Goodbye until you have a valid point :)
This is the sort of thing that really bothers me. I don't trust the exaggeration, the statistics etc from Tesla. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ing-cheap-tricks-to-report-uptime-234383.html

Well, they could use that to cover a lot of downtime. Note we have no proof they do that, but they could. But perhaps a better metric is in the customers.... Were Tesla hiding a bunch of downtime behind that stat, it should show in the customer satisfaction, right?

No Contest on Reliability​

EV drivers need to be able to count on public charging stations being operational when they pull up to charge, and here is where Tesla really provides for its drivers. According to JD Power's survey, more than one-in-five EV drivers who went to a non-Tesla public charging station in the first quarter of 2023 (21.6 percent) were not able to charge their vehicle during their visit. At Tesla Superchargers, it was just 3.9 percent. The report puts it simply, "When it comes to reliability, no other provider is even close to Tesla."

Tesla drivers rated their overall satisfaction with the DC fast-charging options at 734 (on a 1000-point scale), well above the industry average of 558. GM EV drivers rated their experience at 586, with Ford coming in at 544.

PeoplesElbow

glhs837

Power with Control
Now you are seething.

Man, you really can't get that I'm a pretty happy guy and these conversations are entertainment, can you? You keep ascribing emotions to me that I'm simply not having. The feeling a cat has swatting a mouse from paw to paw? Maybe that one :) If we can ever meet at a Cars and Coffee we should, I think we could have a good discussion while talking about other cars.
Very few EV cult members go against the cult.

See, I think with over four million sold, we exhausted cult members a while ago. Out of the now four owners I know personally, none are "cult members". They are not members of any clubs, they don't follow Elon, in two cases they actively dislike him. They just like the cars and drive them like normal humans. They like not having to fill up with gas, they like not having much routine maint. They like the SC network. Two are NAVAIR engineers, one is a program management type, the other owns a local popular restaurant.