Electric Car News

phreddyp

Usually chargers like that are free to use for anyone, paid for by the govt. Of course, they are level 2 chargers so unless you are there all day, you're not getting much. But the County got a green press release.. :)
Govt needs to stay out of this and let the market do its thing. Sink or swim.
Folks are realizing that these (not ready for prime-time machines) are NOT worth it. You can lead a JACKASS to water.

SamSpade

Personally, I have no idea HOW dealerships and car companies are surviving in the current market with FAR overpriced new vehicles. Both ICE and EVs. I guess people are still buying though which begs the question... Is the country REALLY hurting THAT bad with inflation?
Far more used vehicles are bought in any year, than new.
Doesn't change the problem with the cost of new vehicles - I don't know how they manage.
Me, I'm with buying good used vehicles from here on out.

glhs837

Power with Control
Folks are realizing that these (not ready for prime-time machines) are NOT worth it. You can lead a JACKASS to water.
You seem to be confusing a slowing in growth with a reversal. Do you also believe on a government program takes a cut they're actually spending less money?

phreddyp

Slowing of growth is a normal part of the process, my guess is folks are moving towards hybrids. EV's have been overhyped and people are seeing the consequences of their neighbors being conned. Well at least those of us who pay attention. You know kind of like being conned over Covid for two years and now the truth is coming out.

glhs837

Power with Control
Pretty interesting video from some guy of one of the Tesla Semis running the route from Sparks Nevada to Fremont or Lathrop. Sparks is where they produce motors and batteries and packs, so the odds are pretty good this truck is hauling at a total rig and cargo weight of 88,000lbs as thats the max for EV trucks. Driver is right out of Central Casting :) Thing just flies by the diesels. The post was corrected to the slope, max is 6% grade.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Pretty interesting video from some guy of one of the Tesla Semis running the route from Sparks Nevada to Fremont or Lathrop. Sparks is where they produce motors and batteries and packs, so the odds are pretty good this truck is hauling at a total rig and cargo weight of 88,000lbs as thats the max for EV trucks. Driver is right out of Central Casting :) Thing just flies by the diesels. The post was corrected to the slope, max is 6% grade.

Please stop drinking the Kool-Aid!

:sarcasm:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
IMG_4014.jpeg

glhs837

Power with Control
For your consideration ...

A Rivian owner was in a fender bender. The repair bill was $42,000.
Yeah seems when you design a vehicle with one very long panel that goes from behind the rear wheel to up and over the front windows, and require 90% of the vehicle to be disassembled to replace it, it costs a bunch.

Here's the detailed article explaining why. Not saying it's a good idea to design this way, and Rivian is young and maybe didn't think this through.

glhs837

Power with Control
Think I found Fords problem. There are 77 Lightnings within 100 miles of us.

Out of those 77, only 9 are under 75K.

Crank that max price to 85K, you still have only 21 hits. Meaning that 56 of the available trucks are over 85K

This might be why they have a lot of unsold inventory.

Mach-E? over 100 matches in 100 miles.

And more than 100 of those run over 70K. Hard to make that sales case.
Shows 39 between 40 and 50K. Which is really the sweet spot right now for a five seat CUV. And no tax credit since they are built in Mexico.

phreddyp

Think I found Fords problem. There are 77 Lightnings within 100 miles of us.

Out of those 77, only 9 are under 75K.

Crank that max price to 85K, you still have only 21 hits. Meaning that 56 of the available trucks are over 85K

This might be why they have a lot of unsold inventory.

Mach-E? over 100 matches in 100 miles.

And more than 100 of those run over 70K. Hard to make that sales case.
Shows 39 between 40 and 50K. Which is really the sweet spot right now for a five seat CUV. And no tax credit since they are built in Mexico.
Don't worry they will sell, there's a sucker born every minute!

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't worry they will sell, there's a sucker born every minute!
Oh, I'm not worried, I think Ford has bungled it a bit. No skin off my nose if they don't sell them. I don't think they will sell them until they offer discounts. I think they outpriced the market.

glhs837

Power with Control
Oh, I'm not worried, I think Ford has bungled it a bit. No skin off my nose if they don't sell them. I don't think they will sell them until they offer discounts. I think they outpriced the market.
Looks like Ford agreed with me.

glhs837

Power with Control
Maybe you could buy two and help them out of a jam.
Nope. Want a truck that meets my specifications. Which the Ford doesn't do. For instance, not having a painted finish I need to ever worry about. They won't be selling ones with native access to the Tesla charging network until 2025. Not to mention towing and payload specifications which I fully expect Tesla to beat while meeting or beating the price that Ford sells them for