Electric Car News

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
1dU3.gif

:yawn:

PeoplesElbow

So the real headline there is while
21% won't consider an EV that means 79% will. Market share went good from 4% to 7% from 2021 to 2022. Want to bet what the numbers look like in December? Maybe not that much of a gain, given the economy, but it will grow.

Let's see. Company decides to stop serving not profitable market, a move we around here defend when Walgreens is losing money in SF. They offer customers affected a refund. Those that choose not to get a gag gift. Sense of humor. It's a thing.

As for why it's not profitable, quite simple. They sell relatively few Model S and X globally. Under 40k I think. When you think of the production cost of making and shipping a few thousand of them for what's essentially two markets, both of which are thousands of miles from the only factory that makes them.... That choice makes sense.
The correct choice is "we don't sell that model here anymore" not give them a turd and say it will be ok.

Kinnakeet

So the real headline there is while
21% won't consider an EV that means 79% will. Market share went good from 4% to 7% from 2021 to 2022. Want to bet what the numbers look like in December? Maybe not that much of a gain, given the economy, but it will grow.

Let's see. Company decides to stop serving not profitable market, a move we around here defend when Walgreens is losing money in SF. They offer customers affected a refund. Those that choose not to get a gag gift. Sense of humor. It's a thing.

As for why it's not profitable, quite simple. They sell relatively few Model S and X globally. Under 40k I think. When you think of the production cost of making and shipping a few thousand of them for what's essentially two markets, both of which are thousands of miles from the only factory that makes them.... That choice makes sense.
man you are too funny I think you know you made a bad decision and are trying to make it look like a good one...lol

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
man you are too funny I think you know you made a bad decision and are trying to make it look like a good one...lol
He hasnt bought one yet.

He's waiting for his Preacher Credits to kick in for the 5% discount.

glhs837

Power with Control
Haven't bought one yet. And if the one I'm waiting for doesn't meet my expectations, I won't buy it. :)
He hasnt bought one yet.

He's waiting for his Preacher Credits to kick in for the 5% discount.
They are not for sale yet. It's called waiting for the product that meets your needs.

You both accuse me of cult behavior. But the two of you are the only ones ignoring available facts and rabidly attacking anyone who disagrees with your positions. :) I'm not a fan of greta. I love cars, trucks and bikes with engines and don't want anyone's choice to own one restricted. I plan on keeping gas cars in my fleet til I die.

You say I'm mad or upset, but showing how wrong you are is a sport. Not a challenging one, since most of your points are put to bed with 30 seconds of fact checking, but kills time while I'm waiting for things like the airplane to take off.. : )

glhs837

Power with Control
The correct choice is "we don't sell that model here anymore" not give them a turd and say it will be ok.
They were given the choice to cancel. That's not being forced. Note the word "decided" which indicates choice.

Now Tesla buyers in the UK who decided to go through with their purchases despite the change to left-hand-drive found that it comes with a gift called “The Reacher”:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
You say I'm mad or upset, but showing how wrong you are is a sport. Not a challenging one, since most of your points are put to bed with 30 seconds of fact checking, but kills time while I'm waiting for things like the airplane to take off.. : )

No they're really not.

You cherry pick something and ignore the rest.

Again, the only reason I'm even in here is I just enjoy teasing the prophets and priests.

When 2024 rolls around and these things are still a niche market for a bunch of Greenie-Weenies, I'm gonna enjoy the disappointment they feel.

glhs837

Power with Control
No they're really not.

You cherry pick something and ignore the rest.

Again, the only reason I'm even in here is I just enjoy teasing the prophets and priests.

When 2024 rolls around and these things are still a niche market for a bunch of Greenie-Weenies, I'm gonna enjoy the disappointment they feel.
I debate the points that I feel matter. Price, practicality, safety.

And we are far past the point of greenie weenies buying them. Folks like me who don't really care about that stuff. But you keep your blinders on. :)

phreddyp

I debate the points that I feel matter. Price, practicality, safety.

And we are far past the point of greenie weenies buying them. Folks like me who don't really care about that stuff. But you keep your blinders on. :)
Keep beating that dead horse! LOL

Clem72

Haven't bought one yet. And if the one I'm waiting for doesn't meet my expectations, I won't buy it. :)

They are not for sale yet. It's called waiting for the product that meets your needs.

You both accuse me of cult behavior. But the two of you are the only ones ignoring available facts and rabidly attacking anyone who disagrees with your positions. :) I'm not a fan of greta. I love cars, trucks and bikes with engines and don't want anyone's choice to own one restricted. I plan on keeping gas cars in my fleet til I die.

I'm with you man. I have 6 gas vehicles (if you count my lawn tractor), but the moment I mention buying one EV suddenly i'm a tree hugging hippy and completely unaware of what my own needs or desires in a vehicle are.

It's like the one percent rule. Apparently even if you heat your house with diesel, drive an 18 wheeler for a living, and freebase kerosene for fun, if you accidentally sat in a Tesla you're a bud light drinking target shopping greta idolizing xem/xer.

glhs837

Power with Control
season 2 now youre getting it GIF by Billions
I'm with you man. I have 6 gas vehicles (if you count my lawn tractor), but the moment I mention buying one EV suddenly i'm a tree hugging hippy and completely unaware of what my own needs or desires in a vehicle are.

It's like the one percent rule. Apparently even if you heat your house with diesel, drive an 18 wheeler for a living, and freebase kerosene for fun, if you accidentally sat in a Tesla you're a bud light drinking target shopping greta idolizing xem/xer.

PeoplesElbow

They were given the choice to cancel. That's not being forced. Note the word "decided" which indicates choice.
It is still offering a turd, I would feel the exact same way if if was a Ford or GM doing the same thing with a gasoline or diesel vehicle. It is bush league.

Actually its like something Chrysler would do.

glhs837

Power with Control
It is still offering a turd, I would feel the exact same way if if was a Ford or GM doing the same thing with a gasoline or diesel vehicle. It is bush league.

Actually its like something Chrysler would do.

You followed Fords order process for hot sellers? Mavericks a mess. Same for lightning.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, is why I sold my Ford stock while I was still ahead. Nice whataboutism deflection btw.

You mentioned Ford and GM so I gave you an example of Ford doing something similar.

Tesla decided that making and selling RHD Model S and X at the low sales volume was unprofitable. So they gave folks with order a choice to cancel or receive a LHD vehicle. Stuff like this happens all the time. If you decided to keep your LHD drive order, that's what you received. Nobody was expecting an RHD and got an LHD.

Its business.

PeoplesElbow

You mentioned Ford and GM so I gave you an example of Ford doing something similar.

Tesla decided that making and selling RHD Model S and X at the low sales volume was unprofitable. So they gave folks with order a choice to cancel or receive a LHD vehicle. Stuff like this happens all the time. If you decided to keep your LHD drive order, that's what you received. Nobody was expecting an RHD and got an LHD.

Its business.
You're missing the point, it is their solution that is lame.

I hear Trojan is selling condoms with holes in them now, but they include some scotch tape.

glhs837

Power with Control
You're missing the point, it is their solution that is lame.

I hear Trojan is selling condoms with holes in them now, but they include some scotch tape.

Really, if you buy a LHD vehicle in a RHD drive country, all the problems after that are yours. Not sure which part of These people decided they wanted that configuration after being told it was all that was available isn't sinking in. Tesla tried to throw a little levity into the situation, but evidently that's a waste of time today. I thought around here we like people to be responsible for their choices.

PeoplesElbow

Really, if you buy a LHD vehicle in a RHD drive country, all the problems after that are yours. Not sure which part of These people decided they wanted that configuration after being told it was all that was available isn't sinking in. Tesla tried to throw a little levity into the situation, but evidently that's a waste of time today. I thought around here we like people to be responsible for their choices.
So it isn't ok to be critical to a company for doing something you think is stupid? Guess you better go drink some Bud Light then.

glhs837

Power with Control
So it isn't ok to be critical to a company for doing something you think is stupid? Guess you better go drink some Bud Light then.
Sure it is, and its okay to disagree with that criticism :) I don't think they are guilty of anything. They didn't force anyone into anything. Grown ups who can afford a $120,000 car (UK price for a dual motor, not even a Plaid) have choices. Not sure why Tesla including a little thing with that car as an aid or a joke is a big deal. I got a chuckle out of it.