Emergency Vet???

FireLadie

DoWhat said:
I wasn't calling the dogs stupid.
It was your stupidity having only one ball for two dogs.

Who said it was me... and how do you even know the full details of the situation to pass judgement on me or my friends...

nomoney

FireLadie said:
Who said it was me... and how do you even know the full details of the situation to pass judgement on me or my friends...

we don't...but how do you know me well enough to pass judgement that I'm an ass?

FireLadie

elaine said:
I'm glad it's nomo's turn.

I apologize to you for having said that... I just don't see why me sharing something that I found to be wrong as asking if anyone felt the same or had any other information to give came under such attack. Why I was suddenly under attack and being called stupid and such.

Here I thought this was a discussion forum, not a let's-put-em-up-for-target-pratice-forum.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
FireLadie said:
You should of done something to prevent it.
STUPIDITY.

nomoney

FireLadie said:
I apologize to you for having said that... I just don't see why me sharing something that I found to be wrong as asking if anyone felt the same or had any other information to give came under such attack. Why I was suddenly under attack and being called stupid and such.

Here I thought this was a discussion forum, not a let's-put-em-up-for-target-pratice-forum.

where did anyone attack you?

FireLadie said:

Ignore nomo... most of us do. What are you proposing as the fix for this issue?

FireLadie

kwillia said:
Ignore nomo... most of us do. What are you proposing as the fix for this issue?
I've written a letter to the enterprise and plan on writing to all the vets....

Here's my idea... And please people, don't pick it apart. It's an idea not a perfect solution. This JUST happened sunday...Do you think I came here for people to say to me "you were stupid to only have one ball for the two dogs" or "get over it" No, I came here to see if others thought that this situation was wrong, or if others knew of a better place to take our animals during and emergency situation.

It would make sense to me if the Veterinarians of the county could join together in a way that could provide this emergency service to the community. Yes, I recognize that it is indeed a service. But if each vet took a turn for every weekend to be on duty for emergency services then it would not be as huge an imposition as having to be there all the time for only their clients.

To have a place to call and ask, “should I bring my animal to you or can they really make a trip to Waldorf, or is there something I can do for them until the next business day?”

Yes, I understand that there are those out there that might abuse this service to the community. That’s why I agree that there needs to be some kind of screening process. The vet on duty needs to be able to say, “Your animal will be fine, do this” and then provide the proper instructions.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
FireLadie said:
Do you think I came here for people to say to me "you were stupid to only have one ball for the two dogs" or "get over it"
If DoWhat didn't like you, he would ignore you. You're one of the lucky few who get to see his sensitive side. :huggy:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
FireLadie said:
Do you think I came here for people to say to me "you were stupid to only have one ball for the two dogs"
But are you ever going to play ball with two dogs and only one ball, ever again?

Ponytail

Firelady, anyone that HAS pets, of ANY kind should know ABOUT those pets.

A hole thru a dogs skin on their head, or a hole in their tongue, unless caused by a bullet or other object that would lead the owner to believe that further damage has been caused, does NOT constitute an emergency.

Similar to humans, the tongue is a muscle. It heals on it's own unless it's hanging off. Putting stitches on dogs tongue is usually not recommended.

Secondly, for puncture wounds on dogs, it is common practice to just let them heal on their own. A dogs skin is NOT attached to the underlying tissue like a humans. Keep it clean, let it drain, and let it heal.

No emergency necessary. Read a book.

Now, in comparing a dog emergency to a human. Not everyone in this country lives around the corner from a vets office, or a hospital. Driving an hour away or more for that matter, is not unheard of, even for a human emergency. You do what you have to do.

You asked for help, people here that personally OWN pets have responded to you and you don't like it. So you resort to name calling. So what? You're not the first, you won't be the last. Move on.

I'm assuming you resorted to this forum because you couldn't find any of your other friends to join your little coalition? Is that our fault too, or just a general flaw in society?

Last edited:

nomoney

Ponytail said:
Firelady, anyone that HAS pets, of ANY kind should know ABOUT those pets.

A hole thru a dogs skin on their head, or a hole in their tongue, unless caused by a bullet or other object that would lead the owner to believe that further damage has been caused, does NOT constitute an emergency.

Similar to humans, the tongue is a muscle. It heals on it's own unless it's hanging off. Putting stitches on dogs tongue is usually not recommended.

Secondly, for puncture wounds on dogs, it is common practice to just let them heal on their own. A dogs skin is NOT attached to the underlying tissue like a humans. Keep it clean, let it drain, and let it heal.

No emergency necessary.

Now, in comparing a dog emergency to a human. Not everyone in this country lives around the corner from a vets office, or a hospital. Driving an hour away or more for that matter, is not unheard of, even for a human emergency. You do what you have to do.

You asked for help, people here that personally OWN pets have responded to you and you don't like it. So you resort to name calling. So what? You're not the first, you won't be the last. Move on.

I'm assuming you resorted to this forum because you couldn't find any of your other friends to join your little coalition? Is that our fault too, or just a general flaw in society?

why do you always have to pick on the newbies?

Charles

FireLadie said:
Don't worry about DoSquat and his friend Numnutz, they are thinking to the best of their ability.

FireLadie said:
Here's my idea... And please people, don't pick it apart. .
As simple as the idea sounds, I'm sure there are reasons this hasn't been implemented.

Right off the bat, is the issue that each vet clinic is a seperate business. I would suspect funding this "combined effort" would be an accounting nightmare, not to mention issues such as liability and insurance. Should those hurdles be bypassed, that would lead to issues with scheduling and staffing. This leads in to many other issues that in turn make such an effort too costly for the average joe to afford.

I do believe your heart is in the right place, but I don't see a possible solution being offered...good luck...:ohwell: