Empire Star Beaten in Homophobic racist MAGA attack

glhs837

Power with Control
Faux Rage. I suspect his pockets were lined, too. However, I don't think the precinct chief is faking it.

I disagree. I may not like him, but I'll grant he loves Chicago. And Jussie smeared the people of the city and the police department, committing serious crimes to do so. Attacking Chicago is like hitting his kid, and I think he's really pissed about it. And I dont think anyones pockets got lined. I think these actions were mostly ideological, with maybe a smattering of "OMG, if we nail him, it'll be riots".

stgislander

PREMO Member
Statement from Cook County State's Attorney's office.
After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollet’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case.
In the last two years, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office has referred more than 5,700 cases for alternative prosecution. This is not a new or unusual practice. An alternative disposition does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities with the case or the evidence. We stand behind the Chicago Police Department's investigation and our decision to approve charges in this case. We did not exonerate Mr. Smollet. The charges were dropped in return for Mr. Smollet's agreement to do community service and forfeit his $10,000 bond to the City of Chicago. Without the completion of these terms, the charges would not have been dropped. This outcome was met under the same criteria that would occur for and is available to any defendant with similar circumstances.

limblips

PREMO Member
Joe Magats: "Here's the thing -- we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety."

So Chicago's public safety priority does not include attempts to instigate racial violence or hate crimes And they wonder why they have a crime problem. They were one idiot away from large scale racial violence

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She did recuse herself, IIRC, after it was found out she was shopping the case to the FBI to get it out of the city. And the guy who took it was of course hand-picked by her.

So, in other words, she didn't really recuse herself. It's pretty obvious she was in charge of having this kicked out and sealed.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I disagree. I may not like him, but I'll grant he loves Chicago. And Jussie smeared the people of the city and the police department, committing serious crimes to do so. Attacking Chicago is like hitting his kid, and I think he's really pissed about it. And I dont think anyones pockets got lined. I think these actions were mostly ideological, with maybe a smattering of "OMG, if we nail him, it'll be riots".
Actually, I think his issue is that to believe Jussie he would have to acknowledge that there are two MAGA hat wearing, homophobic Trumpees in his city and he will have none of that.

SamSpade

So, in other words, she didn't really recuse herself. It's pretty obvious she was in charge of having this kicked out and sealed.
Saw something on the news that said while the state may have dropped it, the public will not.
Wouldn't justice be, the public decides the show isn't worth watching anymore?

frequentflier

happy to be living
Saw something on the news that said while the state may have dropped it, the public will not.
Well, what if an actual group of people wearing MAGA hats show him what a real ass whoopin looks like? He deserves it!

glhs837

Power with Control

Wife and I had this debate last night. She said, well, his a career is over. I said no way, he'll be back on before the week is out. They couldnt not keep him on the show now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wife and I had this debate last night. She said, well, his a career is over. I said no way, he'll be back on before the week is out. They couldnt not keep him on the show now.

Agree. The Left has a short memory, when they even care at all. But Jussie Smollett got his ass kicked for nothing - we'll have to settle for that.

SamSpade

Agree. The Left has a short memory, when they even care at all. But Jussie Smollett got his ass kicked for nothing - we'll have to settle for that.

Did he even get HURT out of it? I mean, he walked home - went to the hospital much later and went home. Cops said the one mark on his face looked like a self-inflicted scratch.

How bad a beating do you get if you're still holding onto your phone and sandwich?

This_person

No, that wouldn't be justice. That would damage a LOT of other people for one person's crime.

Justice would be people writing, en masse, to tell the producers to take the character off the show or they will stop watching, and THEN follow through with that (give them the chance to fix it, and if they don't it's no longer "no one else's actions" that are causing the decline of the whole show).

Justice would be people DEMANDING the charges be reinstated, and the states attorney be fired, investigated, and charged if appropriate.

Justice would be the federal charges moving forward at all due speed.

Justice would be every person who believes in justice shunning Smollett until such time as he is brought to legal justice for his actions.

This_person

I thought it was for a couple of thousand dollars :lol: A LOT of people would do it for nothing, so he didn't even get a good bargain.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, that wouldn't be justice. That would damage a LOT of other people for one person's crime.

To hell with them. They almost unanimously stood behind him during this scam, and now his cast mates are tweeting things like, "Justice was served!" So if they all lose their job and have to go give knobbers to some nasty producer to get another one, ha ha.

This_person

To hell with them. They almost unanimously stood behind him during this scam, and now his cast mates are tweeting things like, "Justice was served!" So if they all lose their job and have to go give knobbers to some nasty producer to get another one, ha ha.

You're thinking of the actors. I am thinking about the grip, the electrician, the caterer...