Ever heard of prison penpals?

I

inmatesforyou

Cool! Someone willing to pose decent questions and criticisms...

Originally posted by vraiblonde
This should probably be deleted since it is a business advertisement. But I'm finding the whole thing too amusing so I'll just delete the web address.

Paying for what is basically a prison dating service! :killingme And the funniest thing is that there will be people who actually DO it! :killingme

Abel, I'm DYING to know how much money you've made off of this project so far. "Inmatesforyou"! :killingme

I understand about the whole advertising thing... no problem with getting rid of the whole www thing. I too have foudn this pretty interesting myself. I kinda got a little overwhelmed by all the messages, WHO KNEW!?

Actually I have had only 4 sales of $4.00 each to be honest, but the site has only been up 30 or so days. Hence the inital post wanting to help stir up some curious visitors. THAT IT DID! LOL!

I also wanted to start the site just so that I could say I DID IT! I had never before built a web driven databse using ASP. I put the whole thing together myself in about 2-3 months time. Quite a feat when all your using is the F1 key in Access 2000 and the word 'ASP' on Google!!!

As for profit? If I make a buck great! If not? It is one more thing I know I can do and use it somewhere on my resume...

Job: Pimp
Salary: 90% cut from DUPED Dopes

ACtually it seems the money is to be made in charging the inmates to post their profiles and offer THEIR addresses for FREE. I sent out 100 letters about a week ago...maybe I will come back just to annoying you guys and let ya know how that panned out? Or would I still be duping the general public if I charged the inmates and offered their addresses for free?

I have enjoyed your website forums immensely. I will be sure to puruse through them more often!

FACT! This crazy idiotic subject matter somehow was able to create more replies in less than 24 HOURS than ANY other threads on the first page in the last 2-3 weeks!!! Have fun!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
This was the evening we had a date with that sexy latino, Jose! :cool:

Oh, is that what they were talking about...I heard something about "animal" entertainment.:cool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Abel, I don't feel you're duping the public at all - your site is very upfront that people will be paying a fee to correspond with prison inmates.
ACtually it seems the money is to be made in charging the inmates to post their profiles and offer THEIR addresses for FREE.
That seems like a better idea to me. Who's more desperate to connect - the general public or the prison inmates?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Sharon
Have you sold him a sponsorship yet?
Thought about it. :lol: But we do draw the line somewhere with our sponsors. Not that your site isn't serving (haha) some need, Abel, but, in good conscience, we couldn't encourage our readers to become penpals with a criminal.

bottoms up

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever heard of prison penpals?

Originally posted by migtig
Might be why his football team sux...:shrug:

I thought they spent quite a bit of time face down in the mud :shrug:

:lol: :lol:

mainman

Set Trippin
OK, that should be about enough skins bashing..... They start winning and some of you will want seats on the bandwagon...

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
NEVER! They suck :moon: I'm a Bears fan all the way, baby! :dude: :getdown: :banana:
12/21 at Chicago 1 p.m. FOX
Ill get you some tissue.....:bawl:
closer to the game we can make a wager....

F

Frostillicus

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Thought about it. :lol: But we do draw the line somewhere with our sponsors. Not that your site isn't serving (haha) some need, Abel, but, in good conscience, we couldn't encourage our readers to become penpals with a criminal.

vrai, maybe you could add a prison pen pal feature to SoMD.com, but only feature innocent or framed convicts?

F

Frostillicus

I think the girl I date has done time. She has a few prison-grade tats and she keeps calling me her 'chucha cuerera', what the hell is that?