Ex'es

Elle

Happy Camper!
nomoney said:
He's telling them that they have to find a place for it OR it's in the trash with it. Same thing happened with all my crap when I was their age :shrug: Why is it such a big deal?
So are you offering to go cart shopping with her rug-rats so they too can have a place to store their dumpster finds:confused:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
justbeachy said:
My ex is renovating his (use to be ours) house. He's getting rid of everything even the kids stuff. My kids have stuff they don't want to part with but he doesn't care. He says that they have to find a place for it or throw it away. This is stuff like son's skate board, books stuffed animals stuff that was my mothers. I don't want the kids to have to part with all their childhood memories sooooo where does the stuff go.. thats right, my house. Each weekend they visit they bring more stuff. Basement is filling up! BF is being very understanding. Hopefully I can get them to go through it with me when they visit and only keep the things that are really important. Put good stuff aside for a yard sale and throw away whats left. I posted this just to vent because otherwise I'd probaly end up calling him to ask him why he doesn't care about the kids feelings. He makes me so mad :tantrum heartless SOB

TY that is all!

Stuffed animals that were your mother's. I would but I will just leave that one alone. :confused:

Toxick

Splat
justbeachy said:
He says that they have to find a place for it or throw it away. This is stuff like son's skate board, books stuffed animals stuff that was my mothers. I don't want the kids to have to part with all their childhood memories sooooo where does the stuff go.. thats right, my house. Each weekend they visit they bring more stuff. Basement is filling up! BF is being very understanding.

This phenomenon is known as pack-rat-ism.

justbeachy said:
Hopefully I can get them to go through it with me when they visit and only keep the things that are really important. Put good stuff aside for a yard sale and throw away whats left.

:yikes: you mean you're going to make them throw their things away?

Isn't that what you're complaining about?

justbeachy said:
I posted this just to vent because otherwise I'd probaly end up calling him to ask him why he doesn't care about the kids feelings. He makes me so mad :tantrum heartless SOB

Good thing you're not asking for advice - otherwise I'd have to tell you how unreasonable you sound in this post.

justbeachy

can be a real beach
I was distracted by wok for a minute. I wasn't asking for advise, and I'm gonna go through the stuff with them and keep only the important stuff in their rooms at my house. I was just vent the fact that he wants to keep nothing of theirs at his house.

nomoney

justbeachy said:
I was distracted by wok for a minute. I wasn't asking for advise, and I'm gonna go through the stuff with them and keep only the important stuff in their rooms at my house. I was just vent the fact that he wants to keep nothing of theirs at his house.

even in their bedrooms? Or do you mean like in his attic or basement?

justbeachy

can be a real beach
Tigerlily said:
Stuffed animals that were your mother's. I would but I will just leave that one alone. :confused:
Not mothers stuffed animals. Her stuff which belongs to me anyway. I'll explain in a sec ... work

justbeachy

can be a real beach
justbeachy said:
Not mothers stuffed animals. Her stuff which belongs to me anyway. I'll explain in a sec ... work
He want their bedrooms bare minimum so we arnt talking about attic stuff

morganj614

justbeachy said:
He want their bedrooms bare minimum so we arnt talking about attic stuff

Sounds like his subtle way of saying please grow up, get out and have your own life. :yay: for him.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
morganj614 said:
Sounds like his subtle way of saying please grow up, get out and have your own life. :yay: for him.
:yeahthat: I'd worry about my parents if they kept my old crap laying around the house. :lol:

justbeachy

can be a real beach
My daughter is in college and will be on her own soon but till then she needs a HOME to come home to. Thats why I said they can keep their stuff at my house.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Toxick said:
:yikes: you mean you're going to make them throw their things away?

Isn't that what you're complaining about?
No, she's complaining that HE'S making them throw junk away.

justbeachy

can be a real beach
Nickel said:
:yeahthat: I'd worry about my parents if they kept my old crap laying around the house. :lol:
So if they still live there you people are saying that they SHOULD have to get rid of their stuff in their rooms

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
justbeachy said:
So if they still live there you people are saying that they SHOULD have to get rid of their stuff in their rooms
:shrug: When my parents let me move back in when I was 19, I had to get rid of a ton of stuff. I wasn't entitled to be there anymore, and had to live within their wishes. I don't think it's unreasonable of your ex to expect the same, at least out of the older one.