F B I National Embarrassment

PsyOps

Pixelated
Do you have any idea how easy it is to jump on an anonymizing VPN?

Cruz's post wasn't anonymous. It wasn't secured via a VPN. It was reported to the FBI. Do you have any idea that, even if it was on a VPN, it's still traceable.

Starman

Cruz's post wasn't anonymous. It wasn't secured via a VPN. It was reported to the FBI. Do you have any idea that, even if it was on a VPN, it's still traceable.

Do you know what anonymizing means? Do you know how many other ways there are to obscure your true identity on the internet?

We will agree that if something legitimately threatening comes from a US-terminated IP address it will be traced back to the person who is paying for that connection. Like a cable/broadband customer. That’s a long, long way from proving from a legal standpoint that customer actually typed the threat.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do you know how many other ways there are to obscure your true identity on the internet?.

As a serial re-subscriber to just this forum alone, we can guess you might be some kind of expert on that topic. That does not change the fact that it indicates the degree of your various mental illnesses...but hey..good on ya for being clever.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
None of us are stupid enough to believe that the FBI could not have found this guy if they had bothered to look.

Yup. About as fast as it took them to come up with all those "deleted" text messages, once the pressure was put on them amid the outcry. That was pretty fast, and they had over a month on this one. If the feds and cops REALLLLY want to do something, it gets done, fast.

BOP

I watched a FBI Agent in charge yesterday make the statement that they had read and were aware of a Facebook Post that was recently made that this young man was going to be known as a school shooter but they could not figure out who had posted the comment. So the FBI cant figure out who makes a post on the internet? WTF
Maybe along with draining the swamp The President needs to drain all upper management of the FBI.

I said that even when Obama was still on the throne.

BOP

You mean the same incompetent President who "signed a measure into law... that rescinds an Obama-era rule aimed at blocking gun sales to certain mentally ill people"?

Still telling that lie, huh? Guess you didn't get the memo that that has been debunked for nearly a year now.

Hijinx

Still telling that lie, huh? Guess you didn't get the memo that that has been debunked for nearly a year now.

I believe he signed a bill that stopped the taking of firearms from elderly people who were on Social Security.

Now : I haven't seen the first person on Social Security that has been involved in a school shooting---or any other kind.
So can someone tell me how the Tranny person can say this helped this crazy MF'er get a gun and kill kids?

BOP

I believe he signed a bill that stopped the taking of firearms from elderly people who were on Social Security.

Now : I haven't seen the first person on Social Security that has been involved in a school shooting---or any other kind.
So can someone tell me how the Tranny person can say this helped this crazy MF'er get a gun and kill kids?

They can't, but it feeds their narrative. I think TJ has shot her wad this tred...too bad, I was looking forward to the abuse.

littlelady

God bless the USA
They can't, but it feeds their narrative. I think TJ has shot her wad this tred...too bad, I was looking forward to the abuse.

:jet:

But, your post explains why the Left is so hungry, and on a feeding frenzy all the time. Narrative/schumerative. They will keep fishing until their bait catches something. Happy fishing, y’all.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Do you know what anonymizing means? Do you know how many other ways there are to obscure your true identity on the internet?

We will agree that if something legitimately threatening comes from a US-terminated IP address it will be traced back to the person who is paying for that connection. Like a cable/broadband customer. That’s a long, long way from proving from a legal standpoint that customer actually typed the threat.

Even if you use an anonymous name, the feds could easily track who you are, rather quickly. If you made a threat to my life, the administrators of this website could get the timestamp and provide the IP addresses that hit the server/s during that exact time. I could do an ipwhois search and determine who the IP belongs to. From there it's a matter of the ISP providing the location of the IP address. This really isn't hard stuff.

black dog

Free America
Even if you use an anonymous name, the feds could easily track who you are, rather quickly. If you made a threat to my life, the administrators of this website could get the timestamp and provide the IP addresses that hit the server/s during that exact time. I could do an ipwhois search and determine who the IP belongs to. From there it's a matter of the ISP providing the location of the IP address. This really isn't hard stuff.

Well, for some it really is..

Starman

I’m not talking about an anonymous name. I’m talking about an anonymizing VPN which doesn’t log the source IP of the end user and the web server farm you post something possibly criminal at will only have record of an end-to-end connection with the VPN exit point, not the originating IP address. These systems exist.

And let’s not even talk about all the open access/WiFi points for which there are gps maps you can use to find one. You get a purloined feature phone which doesn’t require the cellular radio be enabled to use WiFi. And that’s that.

Don’t you ever think like a “bad hombre” to imagine better ways to protect your systems and processes?

This is all very basic stuff. And you’re right: it isn’t hard.

black dog

Free America
I’m not talking about an anonymous name. I’m talking about an anonymizing VPN which doesn’t log the source IP of the end user and the web server farm you post something possibly criminal at will only have record of an end-to-end connection with the VPN exit point, not the originating IP address. These systems exist.

And let’s not even talk about all the open access/WiFi points for which there are gps maps you can use to find one. You get a purloined feature phone which doesn’t require the cellular radio be enabled to use WiFi. And that’s that.

Don’t you ever think like a “bad hombre” to imagine better ways to protect your systems and processes?

It all matters not at all... Seems a second person also notifyed the FBI... And again they failed..

CNN) The FBI failed to act on a tip about Nikolas Cruz, the confessed shooter in the Parkland, Florida, school massacre, the bureau said in a statement on Friday.

A person close to Cruz contacted the FBI on January 5 to report concerns about him, the FBI said in a statement Friday. But the bureau did not appropriately follow established protocols in following up on the tip.

"The information was not provided to the Miami Field Office, and no further investigation was conducted at that time," the statement said.

Starman

It all matters not at all... Seems a second person also notifyed the FBI... And again they failed..

CNN) The FBI failed to act on a tip about Nikolas Cruz, the confessed shooter in the Parkland, Florida, school massacre, the bureau said in a statement on Friday.

A person close to Cruz contacted the FBI on January 5 to report concerns about him, the FBI said in a statement Friday. But the bureau did not appropriately follow established protocols in following up on the tip.

"The information was not provided to the Miami Field Office, and no further investigation was conducted at that time," the statement said.

How do you know what the "established protocols" are? That value judgement isn't really attributed to anyone in your quote, and failure to follow protocols isn't demonstrated in your piece.

In any case, I'll offer that it *is* established protocol. It is the hubris of the FBI that dictates this. It's not dissimilar to what happened before 9/11. A field office was notified of something possibly unpropitious, and since the FBI didn't have previous record of the reported suspect(s), they don't give it a lot of weight. You see, the FBI believes they know everything and everyone already. They think they are that good. If someone reports something about someone then that is an admission of failure. So if you mention a name they don't know then you are a fabricator. And then they tell you to GTFO.

black dog

Free America
How do you know what the "established protocols" are? That value judgement isn't really attributed to anyone in your quote, and failure to follow protocols isn't demonstrated in your piece.

In any case, I'll offer that it *is* established protocol. It is the hubris of the FBI that dictates this. It's not dissimilar to what happened before 9/11. A field office was notified of something possibly unpropitious, and since the FBI didn't have previous record of the reported suspect(s), they don't give it a lot of weight. You see, the FBI believes they know everything and everyone already. They think they are that good. If someone reports something about someone then that is an admission of failure. So if you mention a name they don't know then you are a fabricator. And then they tell you to GTFO.

LOL....
. You are a legend in your own mind.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The FBI was too busy cavorting with prostitutes in Mexico, and running into barriers around the WH because they were drunk.

Story. Dot applied to FBI in 2006. Her degree was in International Studies, and spent her last semester at James Cook U in Australia. The last question asked of her was...have you ever smoked marijuana. She answered...yes, once. She had no criminal record; not even a traffic ticket. They disqualified her. I am glad she was not hired. Go, Soros. Just trying to put into perspective.

And, for people that don’t know who Soros is; he is a Jew that sold out his own people for a buck, and a way out with the Nazis in Germany, and now with his vast fortune is trying to rule the World.

The one and only time I tried marijuana was in 1968. It made me so sick that I never did it again.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
The FBI was too busy cohorting with prostitutes in Mexico, and running into barriers around the WH.

Story. Dot applied to FBI in 2006. Her degree was in International Studies, and spent her last semester at James Cook U in Australia. The last question asked of her was...have you ever smoked marijuana. She answered...yes, once. They disqualified her. Go, Soros.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Do you even know how a VPN works? The traffic still has to travel from a source and to a destination. The ISPs provide both. The traffic is encrypted between the end user and the server they are establishing the VPN with. The server administrators are able to see the clear text of that traffic. If they choose not to report what they see; then this isn't a VPN issue, it's a personal reporting issue.

That's not even remotely what happened here with Cruz. Another user saw what Cruz posted, he reported it to the FBI and the FBI did not investigate it. I'll be the first to admit that some with fall through the cracks, either through VPNs or spoofing or whatever... There are computer and network forensic experts that know how to track these people down regardless of their methods. It boils down to how seriously they're willing to take a perceive threat. Cruz exhibited just about every red flag - both in public and on the internet - to have demanded the highest level of attention by LE. I guarantee there are going to be some major changes within our LE agencies locally and at the federal level.

Starman

Do you even know how a VPN works? The traffic still has to travel from a source and to a destination. The ISPs provide both. The traffic is encrypted between the end user and the server they are establishing the VPN with. The server administrators are able to see the clear text of that traffic. If they choose not to report what they see; then this isn't a VPN issue, it's a personal reporting issue.

Clearly you don't.

Carry on.