F..Pit Bulls and their owners

warneckutz

I'd like to share an experience I had a few years ago.

I was coming out of a store in Prince Frederick near the Petco. Somehow or another I start to hear screaming. I look over and a Jack Russell had another small dog by the mouth. They were latched on to each other. The owner was frantically trying to pry them apart, only making it worse. He picked up the leash of the other dog and lifted them both up. Blood was flying everywhere. The Jack never let go. This went on for about a minute until someone came out with a bottle of water to pour in the Jack's mouth.

My point is, it happens everywhere, no matter the breed.

With all that being said, pitbulls get the worst rap. How often do you see a news story about them? Often, right? In reality, the news catsers don't know sh!t about dogs, and use the term pitbull as a wowo factor because people like you eat it up. I urge you not to let a bad experience from a bad owner make your mind up on pitbulls.

As a pitbull owner, it's my job to make sure my dog doesn't fit the typical mold the majority of the public want to believe. Do some thugs think the dogs are cool to have? Yes. But those are the same dogs that get tied to a tree in the back yard. What most people don't see is what happens after the dog is rescued. I find it amazing that for a majority of a dog's life it was tied to a tree, abused, and neglected by humans, but when it gets rescued, they act like nothing happened. They really are wonderul dogs with a huge drive to please. Please don't take everything you see on the news as gospel. I could sit here and give you facts until I'm blue in the face, but it seems you (and others) have their minds made up.

Lennox, Belfast Dog, Put To Sleep For Resembling Pit Bull, Alleged 'Unpredictable' Behavior

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'd like to share an experience I had a few years ago.

I was coming out of a store in Prince Frederick near the Petco. Somehow or another I start to hear screaming. I look over and a Jack Russell had another small dog by the mouth. They were latched on to each other. The owner was frantically trying to pry them apart, only making it worse. He picked up the leash of the other dog and lifted them both up. Blood was flying everywhere. The Jack never let go. This went on for about a minute until someone came out with a bottle of water to pour in the Jack's mouth.

My point is, it happens everywhere, no matter the breed.

With all that being said, pitbulls get the worst rap. How often do you see a news story about them? Often, right? In reality, the news catsers don't know sh!t about dogs, and use the term pitbull as a wowo factor because people like you eat it up. I urge you not to let a bad experience from a bad owner make your mind up on pitbulls.

As a pitbull owner, it's my job to make sure my dog doesn't fit the typical mold the majority of the public want to believe. Do some thugs think the dogs are cool to have? Yes. But those are the same dogs that get tied to a tree in the back yard. What most people don't see is what happens after the dog is rescued. I find it amazing that for a majority of a dog's life it was tied to a tree, abused, and neglected by humans, but when it gets rescued, they act like nothing happened. They really are wonderul dogs with a huge drive to please. Please don't take everything you see on the news as gospel. I could sit here and give you facts until I'm blue in the face, but it seems you (and others) have their minds made up.

Unlike you, I don't see the breed being "attacked".

I see a problem that's occurring in our area...which is loose unsupervised pit bulls attacking pets.

If they were loose chihuahuas attacking dogs we'd be having this conversation. If it was loose doberman pinschers, then we'd be having this conversation.

In this case it's loose pit bulls. It has nothing to do with your pet unless your pet is loose and unsupervised.

Chris0nllyn

I see a problem that's occurring in our area...which is loose unsupervised pit bulls attacking pets.

If they were loose chihuahuas attacking dogs we'd be having this conversation. If it was loose doberman pinschers, then we'd be having this conversation.

In this case it's loose pit bulls. It has nothing to do with your pet unless your pet is loose and unsupervised.

When the thread title say "F pitbulls and their owners" Yes, that includes me, and yes the OP is spreading lies by painting every pitbull is a dog-mauling machine.

I don't live near you, so how would I know there is a pack of roaming dogs that no one has told the police or AC about?

Also, I assume someone has taken one of these dogs to get it's DNA tested? The way everyone is so sure it's a pit, I just figured that.

Last edited:

warneckutz

When the thread title say "F pitbulls and their owners" Yes, that includes me, and yes the OP is spreading lies by painting every pitbull is a dog-mauling machine.

I don't live near you, so how would I know there is a pack of roaming dogs that no one has told the police or AC about?

Also, I assume someone has taken one of these dogs to get it's DNA tested? The way everyone is so sure it's a pit, I just figured that.

On the first read, I thought it was an attack on anyone who owned a Pit... so, I was like "Bring it, if you can aim your gun with a broken arm, neck, etc..." Then I realized it was more towards this incident... I think it's just a touchy subject for some (on both sides) and it's unfortunate.

I think if you're an owner you begin to think more on the defensive side of this stuff because of how others react. Like when someone asked me "are they agressive?"... dude had a lot more to fear than the dogs at that point.

Pits are amazing dogs, just like any other breed. I'd have one of each if I could...

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Are you kidding me? You seriously need to get a grip and take a deep breathe and release.

Yes, AC has been notified several times over, been involved and supposedly has set traps and searched for the loose pit bulls in the St Inigoes area. It not only has been talked about in treads, but has made local news websites as well.

Now take another deep breathe. And Release. You are overreacting and are the one making pit bull owners look bad.

I guess you don't supervise your dog if you are acting like that. Either that or you are major drama queen who is seriously overreacting. :shrug:

BTW, my neighbor has a pit bull that he lets my 5 pound dogs play with, bully and harrass. A pit bull that climbs into my lap like a baby. But my neighbor also supervises this play time and cuddle time. My neighbor also doesn't overreact. When the loose pit bulls first started killing pets, my neighbor took time every morning and afternoon to cruise through the neighborhoods to see if he could find those pits and kill them. He didn't jump up and down and start screaming that all pit bulls are great dogs and that the people in the area were attacking him. I guess he's more of a responsible pet owner who has some freaking common sense.

SoMDGirl42

My 120 pound lab/sheppard was attacked by a pitbull twice! The first time, it was obvious she was hurt badly. The second time, I didn't think her injuries were very serious, there were a few bite marks. Turns out, both times were life threatening injuries. Shall I post the nasty pictures again for you to see.

I don't like pitbulls and NOTHING anyone will say will change my mind, especially after witnessing yet anohter pitbull attack my neighbors little dog, kill a kitten and chase people into their houses. Thankfully that one got run over and died. The pit that attacked my dog twice was finally PTS by animal control. The owner was fined thousands, but it took me 5 years to collect portions of the thousands I had to pay the vet.

*Uc* Pitbulls

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 148
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 136
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 131
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 104
  • #6.jpg
    #6.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

SoMDGirl42

and the rest

SO, get Bruno to the vet ASAP. What you think might not be serious, can infact be very serious. Dog bites are nasty. Chances are she will end up with an abcess at the very least.

She cried all night. I'm sure she's in pain. I hope it turns out well for bruno.

and as a huge dog lover, I wouldn't think twice about killing a pitbull if it were roaming my neighborhood and attacking again.

Attachments

• #7.jpg
    #7.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 103
  • #8.jpg
    #8.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 93

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My thoughts??

I have what we think is a Foxhound.. if she got loose and ran the woods she would not attack another dog. She's not territorial at all.

When animals get loose and become feral their instincts take over. Apparently we can see what PitBull instincts are, and I would say, once they've been loose for an amount of time there is no choice but to destroy them.

And like has been said 1000 times before, the difference between a PitBull or a Chihuahua being out of control.. which one would YOU want trying to gnaw on your throat?

Personally I'd pick the Chihuahua, or the Jack Russel, or the Foxhound ANY day over the Pit Bull..

Radiant1

Soul Probe
When animals get loose and become feral their instincts take over.

They don't have to be feral for that to occur. My border collie herds everything in sight, my lab brings me every stick out of the woods for God's sake, and my doberman would sit directly in front of me as protection. My brothers pit is the most docile and loving creature until she perceives a threat from another animal that may or may not be real, she then does what pit bulls were bred to do, take it down by locking those massive jaws on it. :shrug:

Chris0nllyn

she then does what pit bulls were bred to do, take it down by locking those massive jaws on it. :shrug:

Pitbulls were bred to be a dog that combined the gameness, speed, and agility of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog. They also don't have locking jaws. No dog does.

Did you know that out of the 66 dogs who have earned UKC "superdog" status (by gaining championship titles in conformation, obedience, agility, and weightpull), 23 have been American Pit Bull Terriers, and another 13 were American Staffordshire Terriers. They have also been used as search and rescue dogs, police dogs performing narcotics and explosives detection, Border Patrol dogs, hearing dogs to provide services to the deaf, as well as general service dogs.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

And like has been said 1000 times before, the difference between a PitBull or a Chihuahua being out of control.. which one would YOU want trying to gnaw on your throat?

Personally I'd pick the Chihuahua, or the Jack Russel, or the Foxhound ANY day over the Pit Bull..

Why not say the same about any large dog? That's really the difference.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Pitbulls were bred to be a dog that combined the gameness, speed, and agility of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog. They also don't have locking jaws. No dog does.

They were intially bred to hunt and catch/drive livestock.

Would you prefer I have said "sunk their teeth into it and not let go"? Don't be offended, Jack Rusell's will do the same. They were bred for hunting foxes and rodents. :shrug:

My point was, dogs will do what dogs will do, they don't have to be feral to have an instinct.

Chris0nllyn

They were intially bred to hunt and catch/drive livestock.

Would you prefer I have said "sunk their teeth into it and not let go"? Don't be offended, Jack Rusell's will do the same. They were bred for hunting foxes and rodents. :shrug:

My point was, dogs will do what dogs will do, they don't have to be feral to have an instinct.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, but people seem to thing pits have locking jaws. Just wanted to make sure peopel don't get wrong info.

:buddies:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

True that. My balls of fluff were bred to chase rodents out of castles. You should see my little queen b shake a toy until it is "dead". But she also isn't running loose and terrorizing our mole population.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
and the rest

SO, get Bruno to the vet ASAP. What you think might not be serious, can infact be very serious. Dog bites are nasty. Chances are she will end up with an abcess at the very least.

She cried all night. I'm sure she's in pain. I hope it turns out well for bruno.

and as a huge dog lover, I wouldn't think twice about killing a pitbull if it were roaming my neighborhood and attacking again.

i just got back from the vet with bruno...shes got a bruised up neck from the dog biting her and a leg injury and a broken toenail. right now we are using a makeshift leash on her which is 2 of those put over the head type leashses and we have one behind each sholderblade so i can try and control her. she is laying here next to me crying i don't know why she is other than she is in pain. Yes I did give her her pain meds just a few min ago with a half a piece of chicken

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
They really are wonderul dogs with a huge drive to please. Please don't take everything you see on the news as gospel. I could sit here and give you facts until I'm blue in the face, but it seems you (and others) have their minds made up.

What I saw yesturday was not from the news but real life. This is not the first time I have personally witness this kind of attack.
I have personally killed a pit bull after an attack and will do it again in a heartbeat, but I won't wait for an attack this time if it comes on my property.

They are agressive and the owners are stupid for perpetuating a killer breed.

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
My doxies are way worse than any pitbull I have ever met. And I worked at the emergency vet for 5 years, dealt with countless fighting and bait pits that AC brought to us to fix so they could be PTS, after the owners trials, because of the human ignorance that I see is alive and thriving in this section! Every dog can attack. Walk into my front door without me opening it and you will find out that a pits teeth and a doxies teeth feel the exact same when they are gnawing on you.
Yes some dogs can be bad, but some humans are even worse. Should we go around murdering people because we don't like how they act? Most if not all of us would be dead by now if we did.
And please, don't call yourself a "huge dog lover" and then say I would kill all pit bulls for the heck of it in the same sentence. You love YOUR dog, not all dogs and should be beaten just for making the claim to be a huge animal lover. I hate birds. Despise birds. What if I started to say F all the birds and their owners, death to them all? I don't, because it's my personal issue and not the entire bird species and bird lover's issue. I would still stop to help an injured bird even though I would be having a stroke while coming within beak range. I don't discriminate because the bird can't help what nature created it to be and I don't discriminate because the bird's owner never taught it not to bite or to behave. I just hate the owner, and try to help the bird.
One more thing, if you were so traumatized and your pup so incredibly injured, it would have been seen by a vet last night. That's just hateful ignorance to allow the pup to be in pain and bleeding all night and you should really consider giving the dog up. BAD OWNERS SUCK, and people like you are the reason techs like me get migraines!