Fair or not?

This_person

Sentencing guidlines do take into consideration of past offenses. If you have previous convictions, your sentencing guidelines increase.

That was kinda my point. To take it out of the realm of the emotional and suggest following sentencing guidelines. Like, 3 strikes and you're out laws.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, let me say this. I have been in a lot of courts in this state, and have seen a lot of post conviction testimony. I think it was in St. Mary's County a few years back when the teacher was convicted of seducing one of his students. At the sentencing hearing, there were scores of people who came to this teacher's defense. What a great guy he was....he always cared so much for the kiddies....yet, this one particular kid, he plied with beer and when the kid passed out the teacher sexually assaulted him! I don't put a lot of credence in the community coming out for the guy either.

OK, but, in St. Mary's, that is normal courtship ritual, especially if you are related. Community standards apply. Dismissed! :shrug:

:evil:

tom88

That was kinda my point. To take it out of the realm of the emotional and suggest following sentencing guidelines. Like, 3 strikes and you're out laws.

I know that is what you said they should have, but what I am telling you is it already exists.

tom88

OK, but, in St. Mary's, that is normal courtship ritual, especially if you are related. Community standards apply. Dismissed! :shrug:

:evil:

That was funny. The point is Larry, you could get "good" members of the community to speak nicely on the bahalf of anyone "they" deem "good" people. Busy with the quote marks today.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That was funny. The point is Larry, you could get "good" members of the community to speak nicely on the bahalf of anyone "they" deem "good" people. Busy with the quote marks today.

I could not be convicted by a court, ever, for hitting a woman let alone raping one. I could get convicted tomorrow, make that this afternoon, of making women want to kill me. :lol:

It's hard enough to get scum bags convicted in this nation let alone the proverbial innocent man.

Inkd

No, no, no, no, no!

Let's assume it was you falsely accused, OK? And you've been a good boy your whole life, right? And then there is me, low life, inner lawyer, long time cat beater, abuser of women and tearer of mattress tags, right?

If we both got accused of raping this broad, and, wrongly convicted, what I am saying is you, good guy, she stole more from you than she did me. I probably deserved to be in jail for something else and you don't even short tip bad waitress's. Thus, her punishment for hosing you should be worse than for costing me time I probably woulda got busted for something else and been in the can anyway.

See my point, dude? :buddies:

Yep, when you put it like that, I do. Thank You.

C

CalvertNewbie

Sure he does. If he seeks a job in intelligence or national security, a standard question on a polygraph is have you ever been convicted of a crime. If he answers no, he is lying. He has been convicted but was later exonerated.

In addition, any potential employer will ask about gaps in employment. He has no work history on his resume for 4 years - huge red flag. He'd really have to explain what happened at that point or lie.

This skank really ruined his life in many ways. I think she should spend the same time he spent in prison, plus issue a public apology to the innocent man she screwed over. Oh and what a wonderful role model she is to her kids. :rolleyes:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
She should do exactly to the minute the time he was sentenced to serve.

I fixed yours to reflect my thoughts..

You falsely accuse someone of a crime and they get convicted, YOU should serve their sentence day for day, for the ENTIRE sentence.

Matter of fact, they should put her in the same prison..

But this reflects the danger men are in every day, and I've seen it happen to friends in the past. Convicted on nothing but she said he did it!! No physical evidence, no witnesses, no nothing.. but he was convicted and sent to prison.

ANY woman points at a man and says, "He raped me!!" that man's life is over without ANY way to recover from it, and heaven forbid it's a minor.. You're guilty no matter what, and even if found not guilty by the court and jury, you're still screwed after paying 10's if not 100's of thousands of $$$ to defend yourself, lost your job, your house.. and probably your family..

Last edited:

winters

But this reflects the danger men are in every day, and I've seen it happen to friends in the past. Convicted on nothing but she said he did it!! No physical evidence, no witnesses, no nothing.. but he was convicted and sent to prison.

I say :bs: If that is the case, it's public record. Put the name of the case out and let us look at the facts. I know, you are going to say I don't want to besmirch his name :blahblah: :blahblah:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I say :bs: If that is the case, it's public record. Put the name of the case out and let us look at the facts. I know, you are going to say I don't want to besmirch his name :blahblah: :blahblah:

I have nothing to prove to you.. the entire basis for this thread is the EXACT same scenario.. so yell :bs: all you want..

Convicted on nothing more than "she said"..

winters

I have nothing to prove to you.. the entire basis for this thread is the EXACT same scenario.. so yell :bs: all you want..

Convicted on nothing more than "she said"..
Of course you have nothing to prove. That is the easiest cop out in the world for your rapist scumbag pos friend. You have "friends" that have been arrested for this and convicted on the same thing. That's an amazing thing. I could see having a friend, but friends? Again, seems like you are just full of it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They removed the indictment. means he wasn't charged. He isn't just "innocent." the whole thing never happened.

Good question..

I wonder how a polygraph would treat the results to the question
"Have you ever been convicted of a crime??"

How it would show a "Yes" or a "No"?

Both could be the truth in this case, or a lie for that matter.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Good question..

I wonder how a polygraph would treat the results to the question
"Have you ever been convicted of a crime??"

How it would show a "Yes" or a "No"?

Both could be the truth in this case, or a lie for that matter.

It would be easy to explain, if it ever even came to that. though i'm thinking that you couls say no and it would be ok..couse you know you didn't do it. Not to mention, polygraph interpreters already know the answer to the question...they don't rely on only your word.. They could easily chalk it up to being nervous. Most people are not polygraphed in their life..gov't jobs is the only thing I could think of.. and with his rap sheet..that wouldn't be a problem anyway.:killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Of course you have nothing to prove. That is the easiest cop out in the world for your rapist scumbag pos friend. You have "friends" that have been arrested for this and convicted on the same thing. That's an amazing thing. I could see having a friend, but friends? Again, seems like you are just full of it.

But this reflects the danger men are in every day, and I've seen it happen to friends in the past.

I can see where your confusion lies after re-reading my post.. I should have made a break here.. and seperated these two thoughts..

The first sentence relates to a scenario I am familiar with, and an old family friend. The following sentence relates to the story the OP writes about.

Convicted on nothing but she said he did it!! No physical evidence, no witnesses, no nothing.. but he was convicted and sent to prison.

The rest of the story relating to the friend is below.. he was never convicted, not found not guilty as the charges were dropped on the first day of court.

ANY woman points at a man and says, "He raped me!!" that man's life is over without ANY way to recover from it, and heaven forbid it's a minor.. You're guilty no matter what, and even if found not guilty by the court and jury, you're still screwed after paying 10's if not 100's of thousands of $$$ to defend yourself, lost your job, your house.. and probably your family..

His accuser didn't show up, and refused to testify in court, and without her saying (again no physical evidence to convict him on) they couldn't get a conviction.

She made the accusation, and whether they thought they were true of not, so they had to "go through the motions".

These motions cost him his job at the local school, his house that he had to re-mortgage to pay the attornies fees , and all crediblity in the community as they splashed the news of his arrest and stories leading up to the trial as a leading news story, but I don't even remember if the results were ever even printed in the newspaper.

So here's a woman that falsely accuses a man minding his own business, it gets thrown out of court, but by that time the woman got what she wanted. He's ruined financially, and she just doesn't show up, and walks away to probably do it to someone else.

So the op posts the story of the person that was convicted on just the person posing as a victim, and gets him convicted without evidence other than "she said".. and I gave you all the specifics I'm going to give you about the case I'm familiar with, where a woman ruins a man's life by knowingly, falsely accused him of raping her, without any evidence to support her claim other than "she said".