Fair or not?

winters

I can see where your confusion lies after re-reading my post.. I should have made a break here.. and seperated these two thoughts..

Not my confusion. It's you not being able to keep up with your lies.

The rest of the story relating to the friend is below.. he was never convicted, not found not guilty as the charges were dropped on the first day of court.

Oh really bob? That's Funny why then did you write this?

itsbob (Premo)
I hope not to offend..

Originally Posted by winters
I say If that is the case, it's public record. Put the name of the case out and let us look at the facts. I know, you are going to say I don't want to besmirch his name

I have nothing to prove to you.. the entire basis for this thread is the EXACT same scenario.. so yell all you want..

Convicted on nothing more than "she said"..

His accuser didn't show up, and refused to testify in court, and without her saying (again no physical evidence to convict him on) they couldn't get a conviction.

She made the accusation, and whether they thought they were true of not, so they had to "go through the motions".

These motions cost him his job at the local school, his house that he had to re-mortgage to pay the attornies fees , and all crediblity in the community as they splashed the news of his arrest and stories leading up to the trial as a leading news story, but I don't even remember if the results were ever even printed in the newspaper.

So here's a woman that falsely accuses a man minding his own business, it gets thrown out of court, but by that time the woman got what she wanted. He's ruined financially, and she just doesn't show up, and walks away to probably do it to someone else.

So the op posts the story of the person that was convicted on just the person posing as a victim, and gets him convicted without evidence other than "she said".. and I gave you all the specifics I'm going to give you about the case I'm familiar with, where a woman ruins a man's life by knowingly, falsely accused him of raping her, without any evidence to support her claim other than "she said".

So now it's not the exact same scenario is it. The op posted a story about a real life situation, and your pervert protecting azz attempted to put some b.s. out there to pretend these situations happen all the time! Call yourself caught. :killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So now it's not the exact same scenario is it. The op posted a story about a real life situation, and your pervert protecting azz attempted to put some b.s. out there to pretend these situations happen all the time! Call yourself caught. :killingme

Actually it would be the exact same scenario, albeit with different outcomes.

Both were wrongrully accused, and their lives ruined over a simple "she said".

And how could I be a "pervert protecting azz" when the charges were dropped? I think that would make me "An Innocent man protecting azz".

And you'd be beyond ignorant to think this doesn't happen. I'd bet it happens a LOT more than we can imagine.

A wife/ girlfriend gets caught with her pants down, she cries rape...

A loony woman gets pissed off at someone for not returning her calls.. "I'll get even with that bastard"

If it wasn't for the press involvement, and if the kids weren't from well to do families, you can bet your ass those Lacross Players at Duke would all be serving time right now. As it is, all told, 100's of thousands of dollars were spent to get the charges dropped.

You can bury your head in the sand and believe there are NO women out there like that, and this never REALLY happens, but I believe women and men are capable of ruining other people's lives over trivial things. Things like accusing them of rape, or calling their place of work to get them fired.

So, which Binoculars do you use?

winters

Actually it would be the exact same scenario, albeit with different outcomes.

Both were wrongrully accused, and their lives ruined over a simple "she said".

And how could I be a "pervert protecting azz" when the charges were dropped? I think that would make me "An Innocent man protecting azz".

And you'd be beyond ignorant to think this doesn't happen. I'd bet it happens a LOT more than we can imagine.

A wife/ girlfriend gets caught with her pants down, she cries rape...

A loony woman gets pissed off at someone for not returning her calls.. "I'll get even with that bastard"

If it wasn't for the press involvement, and if the kids weren't from well to do families, you can bet your ass those Lacross Players at Duke would all be serving time right now. As it is, all told, 100's of thousands of dollars were spent to get the charges dropped.

You can bury your head in the sand and believe there are NO women out there like that, and this never REALLY happens, but I believe women and men are capable of ruining other people's lives over trivial things. Things like accusing them of rape, or calling their place of work to get them fired.

So, which Binoculars do you use?

Ok, don't give the guys name, but at least tell us where this happened?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
She should be forced to serve the time that was handed down to him in the initial sentence. If he was sentenced to 10 years but gets out after 4 years due to new evidence she should still do 10 years.

Last edited:

Nucklesack

I fixed yours to reflect my thoughts..

You falsely accuse someone of a crime and they get convicted, YOU should serve their sentence day for day, for the ENTIRE sentence.

Matter of fact, they should put her in the same prison..

But this reflects the danger men are in every day, and I've seen it happen to friends in the past. Convicted on nothing but she said he did it!! No physical evidence, no witnesses, no nothing.. but he was convicted and sent to prison.

ANY woman points at a man and says, "He raped me!!" that man's life is over without ANY way to recover from it, and heaven forbid it's a minor.. You're guilty no matter what, and even if found not guilty by the court and jury, you're still screwed after paying 10's if not 100's of thousands of $$$ to defend yourself, lost your job, your house.. and probably your family..

I am torn on this one. Let me explain:

On the emotional side: I say yes she should serve every bit of sentence that this shmo ended up serving.

On the logical side: and the one that should be served by our laws, her lies and false acusations are legally a seperate matter than his conviction and incarceration.

It sucks and bites the bag, but you circumvent our laws by advocating the first "solution". She did not convict this guy. He went through the Court system and a Jury (presumably, unless it was a plea bargain) believed the case that was brought before them by the prosecutor, and felt justified in convicting him. The legal process was sound.

In her case she should be charged with whatever is equivalent to False Accusations and Perjury. The shmo has recourse to recover damages from her through the Civil system. Based on any misconduct (have no idea if this is alleged) he could also go after the Prosecutor.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
In her case she should be charged with whatever is equivalent to False Accusations and Perjury. The shmo has recourse to recover damages from her through the Civil system. Based on any misconduct (have no idea if this is alleged) he could also go after the Prosecutor.

Chances are she's not worth anyting of value to pursue in Civil Court, and in most states prosecutors are protected and can't be sued for misconduct, and you'd have to prove he went for the guilty verdict KNOWING he didn't do it.

So who are you going to go after for "reparations"? The Jury? The Judge??

Nope he's all around screwed. There is nothing anyone can do to correct the screwing he got. He's not going to get the 4 years back, he's not going to get his anal virginity back, and nobody is going to pay him for his pain and suffering.

I did read an article yesterday about a similar situation, and the prosecutors statement "It was better than getting sued for not prosecuting." was a tell all..

Last edited:

Nucklesack

Chances are she's not worth anyting of value to pursue in Civil Court,
Unfortunately your probably right, but that doesnt mean we throw out our legal system, especially when it worked correctly in this case *

*The system worked, the failure was due to the woman lying
and in most states prosecutors are protected and can't be sued for misconduct, and you'd have to prove he went for the guilty verdict KNOWING he didn't do it.
I said i didnt know if ther were allegations of misconduct or not, but I thought Prosecutors could be sued for misconduct, hence the term Prosecutoral Misconduct. I even remember hearing rumbling about the Prosecutor in the Duke Lacrosse case.
So who are you going to go after for "reparations"? The Jury? The Judge??
For what? What did they do wrong to go after ?
Nope he's all around screwed. There is nothing anyone can do to correct the screwing he got. He's not going to get the 4 years back, he's not going to get his anal virginity back, and nobody is going to pay him for his pain and suffering.
Sadly your correct.