Fall/Winter Dinners

grandpa

Have you ever tried Mushroom onion roast? I'm making one now.

Beef pot roast
10 oz can of condensed mushroom soup
4 oz can of mushroom stems & pieces
1 bag of dry onion soup mix.

Put all in a cooking bag, I put that in the Dutch oven and stick it in the oven at 275 for about 4 hours.
Comes out fork tender and the mushroom gravy is great over rice or mashed potatoes.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My plan this weekend is to make one of these or make my own concoction by melding the two:

Well, I melded and it came out awesome! :yahoo:

Made some Cheddar Old Bay biscuits to go with it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I can't see myself ever making vegetarian or turkey chili, but the biscuits look good though.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I tell you what I am excited about now. I picked up a blood orange infused olive oil at a craft show at Annmarie Gardens and it is the bomb! :getdown: Then I found out they are a little shop called Olivins in St. Michael's, only a few minutes from my sister's house in Easton. :yahoo: All sorts of good stuff: infused olive oils, dark and white balsamic reductions, honey, coffee, syrups, and much more!

We love the infused olive oils! We get ours in Annapolis at Seasons which is an olive oil and vinegar "Taproom". It's right on Main Street. My favorite balsamic vinegar is Black Cherry and I mix that with an Italian herb Olive oil OR even plain Italian salad dressing to marinate chicken breasts for the grill. Grilled chicken is my go to all week for salads, and other things. I will use some this week for qusadillas.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Today, I made chili with ground turkey AND also about a lb. of Hot Italian turkey link sausage. It was awesome. Foxhound and Thing1 both loved it. No one missed the ground beef and fat. It was very tasty and spicy, as well.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Maybe it's the photo, but they looked a little pale and underdone to me.

They weren't and were perfect. Crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I didn't use the flash on the camera and they look almost raw in the picture, probably just because of the reflection of the hood light on butter slathered over them. :sshrug:

We love the infused olive oils! We get ours in Annapolis at Seasons which is an olive oil and vinegar "Taproom". It's right on Main Street. My favorite balsamic vinegar is Black Cherry and I mix that with an Italian herb Olive oil OR even plain Italian salad dressing to marinate chicken breasts for the grill. Grilled chicken is my go to all week for salads, and other things. I will use some this week for qusadillas.

Thanks! I will check them out when I next stop in Naptown. :yay:

Have a work function this week and am trying out a new cookie: Crème Brulee. Bought a little kitchen torch to get that caramelized sugar crunch on top. We'll see how they turn out. :lol:

Lump

I've never made chicken and dumplings. Really want to attempt this winter.
I love Chicken and Dumplings but my husband and I can't agree on the type of dumplings we like, so I can only make it if he goes away. I love the Bisquick Dumplings but he only like cut up biscuits as dumplings. They don't even get fluffy so what's the point!