Fashion Advice for 2020

Auntie Biache'

If you're going for slacker chic, then by all means, toss on that shapeless blouse and head out the door.

No matter how rocking that bod may be, 99% of the population has no desire to see what you look like in underwear. Save the risque stuff for someone who will actually appreciate your wild side.

Our clothing shouldn’t look like a bear attacked us in our sleep.

Slim sunglasses-save your money for something more substantially dumb.

Cutouts-Unless you enjoy looking like a craft project snowflake, you'll be glad to hear that this trend is waning.

Cold shoulders-save your dignity.

Painful shoes-rest your fetish.

Instagram eyebrows, like Instagram anything, are a very internet-specific way of making yourself look like a fool.

Unless you spend your days with a set of bagpipes, roaming the Scottish highlands, you're probably going too heavy on the plaid.

Short dresses and skirts-Nothing says "clean" like bare skin touching a subway seat!

Zebras can barely pull off zebra print, much less a grown adult.

Want to look strange AND feel claustrophic? Then by all means, slap on a pair of latex pants.

Micro purses - they look dumb AND they're wildly impractical.Giant bags don't look any better, but at least you can carry more than a thimble in one of them.

Crop tops are a statement piece. Specifically, they state, "I have nothing to offer the world beyond a good body."

Western wear is currently having its final yee-haw before riding off into the sunset.

Clear handbags are a godsend for pickpockets.

Nothing says classy like lycra bunching up in every nook and cranny south of your bellybutton.

Oversized sweat shirts.

UGGs. I'll probably be keeping mine. They have their time and place.

Low-rise jeans - we need to band together and detest this low-slung denim trend before we morph into Paris Hilton in the early 2000s.

https://living.alot.com/beauty/30-f...YBlRLDEIFTUX2GlU9DRudQzm1pIQsCSuzq3bcnuiE&s=4

followed by what they think is on trend. Like any time in my life, I've cherry picked "fashion".

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought it was amusing. Then, looking at what is supposed to be on trend right below that, I thought some of it might make me sick to my stomach. I hope some of these trends don't last long. Like, puffy sleeves on grown women. Why?
Well, the 80's called...

Sock boots. WTF!?! Just no!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no doubt that "fashion designers" go, "Hold my beer..." before they trot out some ridiculous thing and declare it all the rage.

One of the things I love best about being over 50 is that I can wear whatever I want and don't have to be "fashionable". I thought that would happen when I turned 40, then they changed the rules on me. But 50 was that magic number where I can dress for comfort and take pity on the girls tottering in stilettos while surreptitiously tugging at the pants riding up their ass crack.

Auntie Biache'

I have no doubt that "fashion designers" go, "Hold my beer..." before they trot out some ridiculous thing and declare it all the rage.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I think it's more about them one-upping each other, and they truly believe they're fashion geniuses.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Instagram eyebrows, like Instagram anything, are a very internet-specific way of making yourself look like a fool.

I'm glad to see this trend die. All those girls with their big black magic marker eyebrows taking over their whole face....ugh.

Make Ultimate Contouring go away while you're at it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And then there is this...

nobody really

I need a nap
I don't get the "ankle pant" look. It might look good on some women, but being tall I think it makes me look like my pants don't fit (high waters!). some women they can pull it off. I feel like i can't.

The eyebrow fad. some women really over do it.

Auntie Biache'

I don't get the "ankle pant" look. It might look good on some women, but being tall I think it makes me look like my pants don't fit (high waters!). some women they can pull it off. I feel like i can't.

The eyebrow fad. some women really over do it.

I'm not liking the ankle pant, especially when it's a bell bottom. Gives a whole new meaning to high waters. However, I'm 5'2", so the ankle pants won't be a problem for me. Matter of fact, crap might be the right length, for a change. I think we're safe if we stay with the straight legs.