Fashion Advice for 2020

Auntie Biache'

Returning trends...no, this generation is not the first to wear stupid clothes. All of us older women did it before you, so get off your fllippin' soap box.

Mom jeans
Silk scarves
Peasant blouse
Oversized blazers
Shoulder pads (not shoulder pad build-up)
Denim on demim, if you know how to do it
Scrunchies (I knew if I used them long enough, they'd make a come-back)
Bomber jackets
Clogs (...dusting off old clogs)
High Cut Swimsuits

https://living.alot.com/beauty/30-v...-make-a-comeback--12065?isLong=0&isVertical=1

Auntie Biache'

Never said you/we aren't entitled to our opinion. I'm saying I believe women who chose to wear 'fashion statements' do so because it makes them happy. Just like we did when we were younger.
Just responding "in general". I don't feel like you were imposing your opinion on me.

Auntie Biache'

I can honestly say, I have never owned or worn a pair. :yay:

I bought a pair, but every time I put them on, I hated them. I probably put them on a half dozen times before I had to accept the fact that they just weren't working for me. They went out of style, came back, and I actually bought another pair. These were the comfy, jersey ones, though. I wore them around the house. They still looked hideous, but they were comfortable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had to Bing to remember what culottes were.

The fashion don't I remember most was skin tight jeans that we had to lay down on the bed to get them buttoned and zipped. We all looked like human sausages.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I bought a pair, but every time I put them on, I hated them. I probably put them on a half dozen times before I had to accept the fact that they just weren't working for me. They went out of style, came back, and I actually bought another pair. These were the comfy, jersey ones, though. I wore them around the house. They still looked hideous, but they were comfortable.
It's a good thing you knew that they didn't work and wear them in public. Unlike many others, you saved the rest of the world of that debacle.

Auntie Biache'

I had to Bing to remember what culottes were.

The fashion don't I remember most was skin tight jeans that we had to lay down on the bed to get them buttoned and zipped. We all looked like human sausages.

I remember doing that in the '80's with mom jeans, which are back....crap.

Auntie Biache'

I was born with football blocker broad shoulders... so if I wore shoulder pads I would give Dorothy from the Golden Girls competition for "Best Doorjam duster on walkthru" award. :ohwell:

Like most trends, not for everyone. So, you looked like you had shoulder pad build-up, even when you didn't?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think younger women have a lot more leeway in their fashion choices than someone my age. A 20-something in a short skirt and crop top with combat boots is adorable; a 56 year old in that outfit not so much. Very few older women can pull off youth fashion.

nobody really

I need a nap
i just got off the new York and company site. Are puffy shoulders and sleeves coming back? good grief. that's a trend that needs to be buried.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Never said you/we aren't entitled to our opinion. I'm saying I believe women who chose to wear 'fashion statements' do so because it makes them happy. Just like we did when we were younger.
You have a point! There were the elephant-sized bell bottoms that I used to wear :shocked: with the 4" thick platform ugly ass shoes. :lol: One pair I had were double zippers in the front and I had had to lay down on the bed to zip them up they were so tight. (I wasnt large, either! Size 9)

Last edited: