Fat wives

Kinnakeet

Cool thread..my only thing with Big girls is,Tatoos,nose piercings,holes in your ear lobe,belly button ring with blubber covering it up does not make you attractive,cool or anything else,just be yourself and you will be much better off.

bulldog

Perhaps those women weren't fat when their husbands married them. Then they gained weight over the years and life was already settled, everybody was happy, the kids were doing well, so there they are.

Exactly. My first wife was thin (not fit, but thin) when we married. We had 2 kids, we were very comfortable and she started gaining...and never stopped. Other events caused our initial separation and guess what happened? She started caring about her appearance again, lost a lot of weight, got into better shape and looked better (body wise) than when we married. We got back together for awhile and she immediately started packing the pounds back on. We eventually divorced and BAM, right back to losing weight and taking care of herself.

She got comfortable and quit caring...until she needed to care again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Exactly. My first wife was thin (not fit, but thin) when we married. We had 2 kids, we were very comfortable and she started gaining...and never stopped. Other events caused our initial separation and guess what happened? She started caring about her appearance again, lost a lot of weight, got into better shape and looked better (body wise) than when we married. We got back together for awhile and she immediately started packing the pounds back on. We eventually divorced and BAM, right back to losing weight and taking care of herself.

She got comfortable and quit caring...until she needed to care again.

It's that - the comfort zone - but also it's easier to manage your food and keep your weight in check when it's just you and you're not feeding or eating with anyone else. I'm struggling with this right now and poor Monello is in danger of having a fat girlfriend. I eat way more calories when he's around.

So once again, it's you men's fault. :lol:

bulldog

It's that - the comfort zone - but also it's easier to manage your food and keep your weight in check when it's just you and you're not feeding or eating with anyone else. I'm struggling with this right now and poor Monello is in danger of having a fat girlfriend. I eat way more calories when he's around.

I ask this in all honesty... Is men's correct or should it be mens'? I struggle with that, a lot.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The models in the Lane Bryant and Catherine's catalogs look might fine.

My brother has the same problem. He has a live-in girlfriend that can eat and drink whatever she wants and her metabolism is high so she stays slim. Even though my brother has an active job and he hits the gym his metabolism sucks so when he eats the fried and higher calorie stuff and drinks the beer and other stuff along with her he packs on the pounds.

JeJeTe

Happiness

This on every level. It's not a struggle to maintain or lose weight but I'm single. During the wintertime with my s/o the weight game is a real struggle.

Hannibal

It's all perspective. I've dated skinny and dated "bigger." Both have their "things" that appeal to me and I can find both equally attractice. It really is a combination of things honestly. You can have a girl who is as physically attractice as they come but will quickly become unattractive if she is lacking in other ways.

In terms of comfort, that just happens. And even then, I think it's a combination of things. When my wife and I started dating, she was tall and thin ..... well built. Been married nearly 10 years and in that time, we've had three wonderful children and she's paid them more attention than she has herself. Couple that with the facts of age and a few health hiccups and she put on some weight. She's since lost much of it as well but as a man, I cannot reasonably expect a person to age 10-12 years from when you met them and maintain the same figure they had as a teenager. I think that's a bit unreasonable especially when adding kids and the restrictions they bring with them in terms of time and flexability. Personally, I think she's fantastic where she is now. She's not weighing in at "dating" weight but I just don't think that is honestly a reality for anyone. But she looks good to me (even though she often doesn't believe that).

And the biggest point, I am not at dating weight either. I often joke that the babyweight set ME back more than her (hell, she might be back to pre-baby weight or is at least damn close). Between work and home responsibilities, the time to work out is tough to find. Certianly an excuse in part but that's life.

I think people assume looks make or break a relationship but real relationships go way beyond the physical. There are a lot of physically attractive people that cannot keep a partner.

KDENISE977

:yeahthat: It's so hard to actually eat what you make/cook for your family because you DO gain weight. My husband and kid eat what they want... when they want and are totally healthy. I however, eat dinner with them MAYBE once a week, don't get me wrong, I sit down at the table with them, but I rarely eat. Last night was perfect example, chicken, mashed potatoes and peas with mushrooms. No way could I eat full plate of food like that every night and not become a hogzilla !!!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

MEN ARE THE WORST. Me and the bf both packed on some pounds. Because pasta and Netflix. When I was single, I was skinny and a regular gym goer and I ate a lot of nothing. Now, I would rather go home and kill a couple bottles of wine and some puttenesca with my bf than go to the gym :lmao: So we are having to dig out of that right now. It sucks and its all his fault.

Kinnakeet

MEN ARE THE WORST. Me and the bf both packed on some pounds. Because pasta and Netflix. When I was single, I was skinny and a regular gym goer and I ate a lot of nothing. Now, I would rather go home and kill a couple bottles of wine and some puttenesca with my bf than go to the gym :lmao: So we are having to dig out of that right now. It sucks and its all his fault.

as we get older we get lazy,if you work out dont ever stop or you will be larger than you were before you went to the gym,so it is wise to keep drinking the wine and eat the putenesca only because that is way more fun than working out!