FBI Raiding Mar-a-Lago/Trump

PJay

3f6b75fe69bd64ac.jpg

Grumpy

We're all doomed to be victims of what is becoming a one party system in control of every facet of our lives. My friends, relatives and acquaintances who stand beside these recent actions are part and parcel of the cancer that has now enveloped this nation. These thoughtless idiots are all spitting into the closed eyes of those millions of patriots throughout our history, who willingly sacrificed their lives to found and keep alive the democracy of our nation. Sadly, they may have died in vain. We are now a fascist, dictatorial swampland. May G-d have mercy on all of us.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Bann said:
"I don't disagree, but when do FBI employees stop going along with this nonsense? They can't blame the current administration, because they are government employees and they did nothing while Trump was President either."

Exactly what you said above. You wanted them to pledge a loyalty to Trump not to American citizens. Now you claim they are persecuting Trump at the direction of Biden.

So which is it? You want them loyal to the president or not?

Or to do their jobs regardless of what party holds power. As American citizens that is what we demand of our government. Not blind loyalty
Why don't you go play with the littles on the playground and stay out of the big kids' conversations. *headpat*

BOP

That is only partially a true statement.

You are "held to it forever" in the sense that one is never able to disclose anything. I had a TS for a very short period of time, and I understand the responsibilities precisely. You don't "have it forever". Clearances go inactive, expire, etc. If that were true, I could apply for a job that requires a TS. But I can't, because I don't. That doesn't change because president.
No you didn't.

If you did, it was because you had to sign an NDA to not reveal the 11 herbs and spices.

BOP

Well that's not even remotely true as I am sure many on this forum can attest. Your clearance only lasts as long as your sponsor requires it to last, even if you have an investigation that is "good" for 10 years if you don't have an active sponsor you don't have a clearance.

That said, there is no doubt in my mind an ex-president would still have an active clearance because they are likely still pulled in every once in a while to discuss actions or activities that took place during their administration that were classified.
For us normal people, a Secret or TS clearance is held in abeyance once we leave the Government (or the military), unless it is expressly revoked. Instead, it is inactive, but still attractive to prospective employers who do business with the Government, since it is a lot easier to activate a clearance than it is to start fresh. That's especially true now that it's all done online (as far as the paperwork part) in that e-QIP, or Q-TIp, or whatever that system is.

When the late Mrs. BOP retired, companies were happy that she held a secret clearance, that merely had to be reinstated, as it saved on the cost of them having to do the whole thing from scratch.

I saw it as a COR/TOCOR a few times over a 20+ year period; especially with guys and gals coming out of the military, but even one or two who had held clearances, but had quit the Government, went contractor, and came back to the Government.

I forget, but if I recall (and I'm trying not to), a Secret is good for 10 years, where as a TS is good for 5, correct? I never held a TS, didn't want one, and didn't really need a secret, as far as that goes. None of my contracts required it, and the trend on some of them was to not contain a clause - the one we all saw if we ever looked at a services contract during a re-compete.

Now, having said that, I have no idea whether or not a former President, or any other politician at the national level, has their clearance deactivated when they leave office or not. Then again, how many Congress critters actually leave office. They act like it's a life-time entitlement or something.

Maybe it drops from a TS to a Secret level; that would make sense. On the other hand, if it makes sense, that's not how the Government is gonna do things.

But anyway, let's hear from Caterwauler, who'll tell us how these things really work.

BOP

Cowboy UP .... they need to use thier Tacti-Cool Gear and look like a bunch of badasses
"...those big old bouncers that go home every night, watch "Roadhouse" and beat off." - comedian Ron White ("Official Ron White - I Got Thrown Out of a Bar")

black dog

Free America
Pick better friends and this sort of thing doesn't happen. It's fairly easy to avoid with just a modicum of effort.

I don't associate with grifting dirtbags and I've never had a search warrant executed against me.
Dont worry, soon enough your wifes small business will have yearly audits.
Clear your calendar and get her paperwork in order.

Louise

For us normal people, a Secret or TS clearance is held in abeyance once we leave the Government (or the military), unless it is expressly revoked. Instead, it is inactive, but still attractive to prospective employers who do business with the Government, since it is a lot easier to activate a clearance than it is to start fresh. That's especially true now that it's all done online (as far as the paperwork part) in that e-QIP, or Q-TIp, or whatever that system is.

When the late Mrs. BOP retired, companies were happy that she held a secret clearance, that merely had to be reinstated, as it saved on the cost of them having to do the whole thing from scratch.

I saw it as a COR/TOCOR a few times over a 20+ year period; especially with guys and gals coming out of the military, but even one or two who had held clearances, but had quit the Government, went contractor, and came back to the Government.

I forget, but if I recall (and I'm trying not to), a Secret is good for 10 years, where as a TS is good for 5, correct? I never held a TS, didn't want one, and didn't really need a secret, as far as that goes. None of my contracts required it, and the trend on some of them was to not contain a clause - the one we all saw if we ever looked at a services contract during a re-compete.

Now, having said that, I have no idea whether or not a former President, or any other politician at the national level, has their clearance deactivated when they leave office or not. Then again, how many Congress critters actually leave office. They act like it's a life-time entitlement or something.

Maybe it drops from a TS to a Secret level; that would make sense. On the other hand, if it makes sense, that's not how the Government is gonna do things.

But anyway, let's hear from Caterwauler, who'll tell us how these things really work.
Huggy. God bless the USA.

Reactions: BOP

StmarysCity79

Dont worry, soon enough your wifes small business will have yearly audits.
Clear your calendar and get her paperwork in order.
Trump and the republicnas cut the number of IRS agents. There is a years long backlog. The IRS audits vastly skew toward people like Trump who only paid $750 in taxes. Hiring these new agents will replace what Trump cut and help to close loop holes of tax cheats, billionaires and mutl millionaires. The alternative to collect actual taxes owed is to raise sales taxes. Would you prefer that? Or do you just want crumbling infrastructure that we have no money to pay for?

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Trump and the republicnas cut the number of IRS agents. There is a years long backlog. The IRS audits vastly skew toward people like Trump who only paid $750 in taxes. Hiring these new agents will replace what Trump cut and help to close loop holes of tax cheats, billionaires and mutl millionaires. The alternative to collect actual taxes owed is to raise sales taxes. Would you prefer that? Or do you just want crumbling infrastructure that we have no money to pay for?
Still repeating that same bull####.

Please mesmerize us tales about "Fine People" and "injecting bleach" again. :jet:

OccamsRazor

Please stop! We have trillions to give foreign nations to be our buddy and billions to leave on the battle field in the form of weapons, vehicles, supplies, etc. yet, we don't have money for infrastructure??? Try again!

StmarysCity79

Please stop! We have trillions to give foreign nations to be our buddy and billions to leave on the battle field in the form of weapons, vehicles, supplies, etc. yet, we don't have money for infrastructure??? Try again!

Wait what? Now all of a sudden you want to talk about slashing the military budget? You might want to talk to your Republican friends. That has been verbotten for decades and seen as unamerican to even suggest.

StmarysCity79

Strange, nothing in there independently, or otherwise, backs up your bullshit about Trumps taxes.

Oh so thats the part you took issue with?

Why do you make dunking on you so easy?

President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for president and in his first year in the White House, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Oh so thats the part you took issue with?

Why do you make dunking on you so easy?

President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for president and in his first year in the White House, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.

Like I said... Same ole bull#### from the same ole people. :roflmao:

StmarysCity79

Like I said... Same ole bull#### from the same ole people. :roflmao:
So i showed you and backed up my claims with proof that Trump cut the IRS budget and the new agents are there to replace the ones cut.

Then i backed up my assertion with proof that Trump only paid $750 and yet you continue to deny the obvious facts. It doesnt' bother you Trump paid less taxes than you? And now Biden is trying to do something about that and you are still angry? What is wrong with you?

Don't you see how that might be connected to the fact that you believe that the search of Mar a Lago was political while the truth is out there and clearly shows it wasn't.

You can feel free to deny things and have your opinions but the facts remain the facts.

oj all three points your opinion is incorrect and therefore worthless.

OccamsRazor

Wait what? Now all of a sudden you want to talk about slashing the military budget? You might want to talk to your Republican friends. That has been verbotten for decades and seen as unamerican to even suggest.
What does the military budget have to do with foreign relations "buddy" payments?
Also, what does it have to do with this administration's decision to leave billions on the battle field for foreign insurgents to confiscate? That money is paid for our military to USE them. Not to give them away...