FDA Approves Methylphenidate Patch for ADHD

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Nickel said:
I most certainly have Adult ADD ...
What I find interesting while going through all this with DQ and reading/researching is I've sat back and wondered if I, too, have ADD. Most of my reading has been geared toward child symptoms vs. adult, but it has made me sit back and wonder. And from what I read, that's how a lot of adults discover they, too, have it ... by researching their children's symptoms. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
What I find interesting while going through all this with DQ and reading/researching is I've sat back and wondered if I, too, have ADD. Most of my reading has been geared toward child symptoms vs. adult, but it has made me sit back and wonder. And from what I read, that's how a lot of adults discover they, too, have it ... by researching their children's symptoms. :ohwell:
:shrug: For the past few years I've had trouble concentrating on one thing at a time, and (like DQ told you) felt that my mind was often racing. I spoke with a doctor about it, and was told I have ADD. Since it doesn't hinder my life, I choose to live with it as is. I've never been one to medicate myself anyways though, I'll often let a headache or cold run its course without medication. Luckily I'm a fairly healthy person and rarely get sick.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
czygvtwkr said:
Being an adult that believes I had ADHD I must say I believe there are other ways. Im over 30 years old and still have trouble concentrating on one thing at a time. Dont laugh but I took a page from the Vulcans (yes Star Trek) and force myself to sit and meditate and think of one soothing thing.

What drugs do is alter the body chemistry, this can lead to cancer down the road, all sorts of liver, kidney, and central nervous system problems.

Stay away from chlorinated water too. :jameo:
You need to work on keeping your conspiracy theories straight.. it's one thing to come across as a conspiracy theory whack job, but it's another to come across as a conspiracy theory whack job that doesn't even know one conspiracy from another, you lose all credibility, and may jeopardize your whack job title

It isn't chlorinated water that is the conspiracy.. it's FLUORIdated water..

OOPOS, and BG forgot to log off again.. time to have some fun!!

Last edited:
C

czygvtwkr

BadGirl said:
You need to work on keeping your conspiracy theories straight.. it's one thing to come across as a conspiracy theory whack job, but it's another to come across as a conspiracy theory whack job that doesn't even know one conspiracy from another, you lose all credibility, and may jeopardize your whack job title

It isn't chlorinated water that is the conspiracy.. it's FLOURIdated water..

OOPOS, and BG forgot to log off again.. time to have some fun!!

Check this out Badgirl in your haste to appear superior you stuck your foot in your mouth.

http://nov55.com/hea/hrt.html

Chlorinated water also have adverse health effects, most notibly enhancing the buildup of plague in your arteries.

I dont understand what is so hard for people to grasp. Biochemistry is a very complex subject, and even the experts don't totally understand how all the processes in the human body works. Adding a chemical that is not normally there gee that won't do anything bad.....

Crabcake, its not any worse than using medication for any other reason. What is worse is having to take that medication every day of your life thus increasing the likelyhood that it has long term effects.

Like Nickel I dont believe in medicating for anything unless absolutely necessary.

M

missperky

czygvtwkr said:
Check this out Badgirl in your haste to appear superior you stuck your foot in your mouth.

Chlorinated water also have adverse health effects, most notibly enhancing the buildup of plague in your arteries.

I dont understand what is so hard for people to grasp. Biochemistry is a very complex subject, and even the experts don't totally understand how all the processes in the human body works. Adding a chemical that is not normally there gee that won't do anything bad.....

Crabcake, its not any worse than using medication for any other reason. What is worse is having to take that medication every day of your life thus increasing the likelyhood that it has long term effects.

Like Nickel I dont believe in medicating for anything unless absolutely necessary.
You don't think having a kid make it day to day in school isn't worth it? I want my son to make it through school which is almost impossible without med's, did it years without med's and this is why he is so far behind.

For me and my son this is the best option.

C

czygvtwkr

Never said it wasnt worth it, just saying there are long term side effects to any chemical added to the body that isn't naturally there.

crabcake

czygvtwkr said:
Never said it wasnt worth it, just saying there are long term side effects to any chemical added to the body that isn't naturally there.
There are long term effects for anything these days ... smoking, drinking, sunbathing, illegal drugs, medications (prescribed and otc) ... I refuse to feel guilty for helping my daughter with something that is closely monitored by a team of physicians and that helps her be more successful down the road in her education and professional dealings.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
czygvtwkr said:

Well the slight chance of plaque buildup in my arteries is more then fair compared to what could happen to me if I drink unchlorinated water.. It's kept millions from getting sick and dying from hundreds of different afflictlions..

MMDad

Lem Putt
czygvtwkr said:

All this time, scientists thought Plague was caused by the Yersinia Pestis. It's a good thing you can clear this up for us!

If they hadn't had chlorinated water back in 433 B.C., Pericles might be alive today!

On a serious note, why do people who are not involved think that their opinions would matter at all to a parent who is dealing with a real life situation?

As a parent, I can understand the desire not to medicate your child, as well as the reality that sometimes medication is the best choice. What I don't understand is how anyone who is not a parent thinks that they have any place weighing in on this issue.

C

czygvtwkr

If someone doesn't want peoples opinions the easy way is not to post it on a public forum. Come think of it I never asked for yours.

MMDad

Lem Putt
czygvtwkr said:
If someone doesn't want peoples opinions the easy way is not to post it on a public forum. Come think of it I never asked for yours.
Since you haven't mastered the concept of "Reply with quote", I'll assume you are replying to me.

Read the first post. That's what the thread is about. You took this into "chlorinated water causes bubonic plague", not anyone else. If you can't stay on topic, prepare to get slammed.

C

czygvtwkr

MMDad said:
Since you haven't mastered the concept of "Reply with quote", I'll assume you are replying to me.

Read the first post. That's what the thread is about. You took this into "chlorinated water causes bubonic plague", not anyone else. If you can't stay on topic, prepare to get slammed.

Fine

First off I just put a little comment to stay away from chlorinated water as a little side bar and someone told me it was flourinated (actually they said flouridaded) water so I let them in on what I was talking about. Its not that off topic since my point is about introducing chemicals into the body.

Secondly you don't know if I am a parent or not.

Third you wasted far more space and went far more offtopic with your assinine play on my typo of plague instead of plaque.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
czygvtwkr said:
Fine

First off I just put a little comment to stay away from chlorinated water as a little side bar and someone told me it was flourinated (actually they said flouridaded) water so I let them in on what I was talking about. Its not that off topic since my point is about introducing chemicals into the body.

Secondly you don't know if I am a parent or not.

Third you wasted far more space and went far more offtopic with your assinine play on my typo of plague instead of plaque.
fluor·i·date ( P ) Pronunciation Key (flr-dt, flôr-, flr-)
tr.v. fluor·i·dat·ed, fluor·i·dat·ing, fluor·i·dates
To add a fluorine compound to (a drinking water supply, for example) for the purpose of reducing tooth decay.

Looks like I used the right term

crabcake

Getting back on topic ...

I talked to DQs doc today, and called Shire (co. that makes the patch), and it'll be available mid-May/early June -- at least, that's what they're targeting, and according to the rep, they're on target. :yay:

M

missperky

crabcake said:
I talked to DQs doc today, and called Shire (co. that makes the patch), and it'll be available mid-May/early June -- at least, that's what they're targeting, and according to the rep, they're on target. :yay:
That's great! :yay: