Feminist Meeting

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by jmo2676
I am new to the board and just joined today..I didnt make this board and u said jmo there i think are 2 or 3 jmos on here..You need ot be more specific whom ever is making the comment.. I dont want to join no feminst groups sorry. count me out on that one
Hint...if you want to change your screen name, pick something that's not the same but with different numbers...might I suggest PsychoChick27? Or how about ILoveMeSomeFFsLEOsandEMTs?

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by jmo2676
I am new to the board and just joined today..I didnt make this board and u said jmo there i think are 2 or 3 jmos on here..

What an interesting coincidence... 2 or 3 different jmo's all joining up at the same time.

Someone call Guiness, 'cause I totally believe that.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Nickel
Hint...if you want to change your screen name, pick something that's not the same but with different numbers...might I suggest PsychoChick27? Or how about ILoveMeSomeFFsLEOsandEMTs?
:killingme :killingme

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Nickel

Or:

MyTurkeysAreDone
JazzLadyTurnsDeathMetal

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by jazz lady
So you're saying jazz is like LOUNGE music? :tap:

Only that easy listening crap on 105.9 that calls itself "smooth jazz." Jazz isn't supposed to be smooth. Like good classical music, it's supposed to challenge the listener. I can't seem to find a D.C. station that plays real jazz, like Miles Davis.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Originally posted by Toxick
No.

Do tell.

"PCU" was one of the first college-comedy's. The movie made fun of the whole "Politically Correct" crap that started about the same time (mid-late 90's). Most of the student body belonged to various organizations that protested about whatever. The feminists and womenists were two of the groups they made fun of. The movie is a little dated (protesting to allow gays in the military and freeing Nelson Mandela), but the overall theme and the constant one-liners are still amusing if you have a sarcastic sense of humor.

FolkinItUp

Originally posted by Chain729
And women like you wonder why chivalry is dead.

WOMEN LIKE ME? Whats that supposed to mean? I've never questioned chivalry...thanks. I think youre missing that Im not a hardcore feminist. In fact I often criticize their actions. However, I do feel that women should have a general understanding of what feminism is, and what they propose to stand for. I dont think most of the extremist- groups succeed in doing this, I think most just victimize women more. So...really.... I was just wondering if anyone in the area had any of the same interests.

K

KaZamm1061

Originally posted by FolkinItUp
Originally posted by Chain729
And women like you wonder why chivalry is dead.

WOMEN LIKE ME? Whats that supposed to mean? I've never questioned chivalry...thanks. I think youre missing that Im not a hardcore feminist. In fact I often criticize their actions. However, I do feel that women should have a general understanding of what feminism is, and what they propose to stand for. I dont think most of the extremist- groups succeed in doing this, I think most just victimize women more. So...really.... I was just wondering if anyone in the area had any of the same interests.

bump bump

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not a "feminist", I'm a "peopleist". And I don't think women have been victimized by anyone except NOW in many years. Like the NAACP, feminism had a valid mission back in the day. But times change, thanks to these organizations, and now they just can't let go even though their mission is complete. There's too much money and power involved so they BECOME the oppressors of the very people they helped liberate.

:crazy:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Like the NAACP, feminism had a valid mission back in the day. But times change, thanks to these organizations, and now they just can't let go even though their mission is complete.

Good point, but I won't go as far as to say that feminism's mission is "complete." Not while there are still jerks around like Dr. James Dobson, who seems to believe that God intended men to rule over women. I read one of his books and he was spouting BS about how women are inherently inferior.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Tonio
Not while there are still jerks around like Dr. James Dobson
There will always be jerks in this country and, as long as we have a First Amendment in our Constitution, they can say what they please. NOW and the NAACP certainly aren't so unsophisticated that they think they can eliminate all the jerks in the world.

What they DO do, however, is make a big deal out of these random jerks and try to make the case that bigoted beliefs are a lot more commonplace than they really are. Then they can say, "See? You DO need us after all!" and keep their mugs on the talk shows.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
What they DO do, however, is make a big deal out of these random jerks and try to make the case that bigoted beliefs are a lot more commonplace than they really are. Then they can say, "See? You DO need us after all!" and keep their mugs on the talk shows.

True. My point is that Dobson and those like him wrap their bigotry in religion to make it not just acceptable, but to convince people that any dissenting opinion is against God. To me, that's more infuriating. It comes across like he's saying that God hates women, even if he doesn't mean it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Tonio
My point is that Dobson and those like him wrap their bigotry in religion to make it not just acceptable, but to convince people that any dissenting opinion is against God.
So what? People can say or think whatever they want. When they take action that hurts others because of their beliefs, THAT'S when there's a problem. If we were in danger of having this guy as President or any other position of authority, then you could worry. Since we're not, he's just another random person expressing his free speech rights.

:shrug:

K

KaZamm1061

feminist_jpg.jpg

Thought it was appropriate for this thread. NO PUNT INTENDED FOR ANYONE.