Firearms: What Have You Owned/Used/Fired?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I'm not talking about howitzers or mortars, just what you have owned, or had the opportunity to have experienced.

My 1st was an M-1 carbine(showing my age!):lol:

2nd was an M-16, also a carbine.

3rd was my German Luger, 9mm.

4th was a Winchester lever-action, chambered in .44 magnum.(!)

5th was a Ruger Blackhawk - .357 magnum.

6th was a Marlin lever-action, 30-30 cal.

Last one - was a Remington BDL Classic, bolt-action 22-250 cal , Weaver 3 X 9 variable scope, varmint rifle.

I have also fired a Winchester 12 guage and a Ruger .44 magnum, as I posted earlier.

What have you owned or fired, in your lifetime?

Doctor

Dr. Mat
I'm not talking about howitzers or mortars, just what you have owned, or had the opportunity to have experienced.

Last one - was a Remington BDL Classic, bolt-action 22-250 cal , Weaver 3 X 9 variable scope, varmint rifle.

I have also fired a Winchester 12 guage and a Ruger .44 magnum, as I posted earlier.

Does you HOA know you have firearms in your house and that you shoot them?

Black-Francis

stud

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Attachments

• review_napoleon_1.jpg
    review_napoleon_1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 71

Beta84

They're out to get us

i can't remember half the crap i've fired but i know there was some pretty sweet #### when i was playin with the stuff some self-proclaimed militia had. beat the hell out of that list anyway

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
One of the most difficult of the ones I used to own - to try and hit anything with - was the Remington BDL Classic. With the sight set on the highest power - 9, the only way I could come close to nailing a target was to sit at a bench table, and have the forearm of the rifle resting on a sandbag.

Out in the field, it was real hard to hold the darn thing steady enough, to make an accurate shot at a groundhog, etc.

I got rid of it, after a few years, for what I paid for it.

One of the most difficult of the ones I used to own - to try and hit anything with - was the Remington BDL Classic. With the sight set on the highest power - 9, the only way I could come close to nailing a target was to sit at a bench table, and have the forearm of the rifle resting on a sandbag.

Out in the field, it was real hard to hold the darn thing steady enough, to make an accurate shot at a groundhog, etc.

I got rid of it, after a few years, for what I paid for it.
You mean a Remington 700 BDL Classic? What caliber?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You mean a Remington 700 BDL Classic? What caliber?

Yes, chambered in 22-250. Sorry I did not describe it in totality. I purchased it when I was stationed in Alaska, back in the 70's. I thought I was gonna be a great varmint hunter, the year I was there! :lol:

Then, I brought it down with me to New Mexico, my next assignment. LOTS of open range in that area, Clovis, it was the nearest town. I joined a Gun Club, and we went out to their range and practiced a number of times.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

You had to have been up there! It was in the middle of nowhere, no towns within 30 miles of the mountain top, where 60 other guys and me were located at. Fishing was great, in the river down at the base camp, and we had a lodge there, at the river's edge.

The amount of varmints, rabbits, ground hogs(or whatever they were known as, up there), wolverines(!), and other types was amazing.

Keep an eye out for those Timber Wolves, too!! I carried the Winchester .44 lever-action with me, at all times.....just in case we ran across one of those big fellas!