first date advice

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by sleuth14
yeah... all the more reason to like her...

Hey, never fear! It's not like you live around her or will see her in passing at the grocery store or something. You'll forget about her in no time and be on to the next victim :wink:!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:burning:

I can't do it... I'm too terrible with names... can only remember one at a time...
Well make sure they all have the same name like Mandy or Lori :shrug: Or call them all the same "sweet pet name" like Bubba...ooops....I meant like Pookie.
:biggrin:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
:burning:

I can't do it... I'm too terrible with names... can only remember one at a time...

There are plenty of Kellys, Michelles, Katies, etc... out there. It shouldn't be too hard to find 2 who share a name. :biggrin:

G

giggles04

Ya know, I could never be with two people at once. I'd screw the names up... and wouldn't feel right. Besides... I'd probably get confused!

J

justhangn

Originally posted by giggles04
Ya know, I could never be with two people at once. I'd screw the names up... and wouldn't feel right. Besides... I'd probably get confused!

Sxy just screams out her own name. :lmao:

JUST KIDDING SXY!! :lmao:

K

Kizzy

:lol: Yeah, it sucks when you call somebody by the wrong name. It is one of those open mouth, insert foot moments.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sleuth, I love ya, man - but friggin' SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!! If it's not clickin', it's not clickin'. Do you want the girl of your dreams or do you just want anyone who'd have you? You need me and Christy to come do a makeover on you.

In just seven days...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Sleuth, I love ya, man - but friggin' SNAP OUT OF IT

:yeahthat:

Do you want the girl of your dreams or do you just want anyone who'd have you?

Ugh, I know that story all too well. Dean has a buddy who is that exact same way!! He is always completely chosen by girls, and never chooses them. He is 1/2 scared to approach women, and the ones that like him are the ones he ends up dating. They're never any good for him, and if he'd just grow a backbone he'd be much better off.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Sleuth, I love ya, man - but friggin' SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!! If it's not clickin', it's not clickin'. Do you want the girl of your dreams or do you just want anyone who'd have you? You need me and Christy to come do a makeover on you.

In just seven days...

That's funny... most people say I'm too picky...:biggrin:
All I was saying was that it's rare to find someone who meets all my criteria. This last girl was one of them... and so I'm disappointed it didn't work out.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by laureng
:yeahthat:

Ugh, I know that story all too well. Dean has a buddy who is that exact same way!! He is always completely chosen by girls, and never chooses them. He is 1/2 scared to approach women, and the ones that like him are the ones he ends up dating. They're never any good for him, and if he'd just grow a backbone he'd be much better off.

That's my roommate...
I have no problem at all approaching women...
In fact... I've gotten into some trouble that way... :biggrin:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
That's funny... most people say I'm too picky...:biggrin:
All I was saying was that it's rare to find someone who meets all my criteria. This last girl was one of them... and so I'm disappointed it didn't work out.

Maybe some of your criteria needs changing. Quite a while back, someone pointed out to me that I seemed to only be attracted to women who weren't interested, but I think a lot of that was because I had criteria which *always* resulted in someone who really wasn't compatible with me.

There was probably a bit of social climbing and ambition in me, then - I think I was always trying for someone who was unattainable, because it was challenging, and when I 'got there', it wasn't what I wanted anyway. I thought about this, and it occurred to me, I have VERY good friends I would never bother to establish any criteria for, so why would I regard women as some kind of prize to be won? I have *great* friends with which I disagree on major issues, who are way apart from me in age, culture, background, but for reasons I can't guess, I was setting myself up for failure by choosing a partner based on something else.

It's kind of like - if everything I'm doing so far hasn't worked out, then maybe what I am doing is messed up - I don't need to do MORE of it - I need to change what I am doing.

So I threw away my criteria. I'm VERY happy with the results. I've actually *never* been so happy.