five white Maryland police officers taser and arrest black teenager 'after he ignored warning to stop vaping on boardwalk'

herb749

If being told FU pig bothers a cop, they are in the wrong profession.

I have a problem with leo's that escalate the situation when there is no reason for escalation
Its a misdemeanor, with at least 5 officers at the scene it certainly could have been handled much more professional than it was. Things like this take away the fact they want OC to be a family resort.

If one or two officers couldn't professionally handle a 19 yr old then the city really needs to work on more effective training.

Point to ponder, when we were growing up most police/sheriffs dept hired officers with a minimum of associate degree or better, most now will hire a 21 year old with a HS or ged and a sorta clean record.
When you hire some Agressive first employees you get exactly what you hire.

Would you have rather had one cop for 12-15 teens .? They have bikes on the boardwalk so other cops get there quickly. And I did see the 2 teens involved on the news last night. They were the size of football players.

herb749

It was also reported that these teens were in OC for Senior Week. Then the rest of them were ticketed $250. for vagrancy, caught sleeping in their car. It looks like a weekend trip gone bad. Drive to the beach with no place to stay.

Hijinx

Sleeping in the car seems like a pretty minor violation, but when we look at San Francisco and see the results of not enforcing vagrancy laws and allowing people to camp out on the street it becomes more understandable. San Francisco has become a pig sty.

I might add these are not Maryland Police Officers, these are OC police Officers.
I have no comment on theright or wrong of this incident, I didn't see the start of it that brought 5 Officers to the scene.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
walk away .... we have better things for police to do

Then here come the Karens, who instigated that sign in the first place, to bitch you out for not enforcing the no vaping law. And they WILL speak to your manager.

So now what?

Reactions: BOP

phreddyp

Sleeping in the car seems like a pretty minor violation, but when we look at San Francisco and see the results of not enforcing vagrancy laws and allowing people to camp out on the street it becomes more understandable. San Francisco has become a pig sty.

I might add these are not Maryland Police Officers, these are OC police Officers.
I have no comment on theright or wrong of this incident, I didn't see the start of it that brought 5 Officers to the scene.
I agree, I drove the country for 6 weeks a years ago either slept in the car, slept next to it or under it never had a problem with LEO's or anyone else for that matter. I just took off and drove and didn't have much money back then , it made the trip affordable and I wouldn't change a thing about the trip . Seeing the country for the 1st time was priceless !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would have handled it in a much more professional mannor

Such as?

if that didnt work I would have put my hands on the young man and placed him in cuffs and taken him downtown.

And he reaches to his backpack and you what? Stand there and wait to see what happens?

You should do one of those simulations that put you in a situation with a perp. You have a split second to make a decision. Make the wrong one and you're dead.

Also, it's a freaking taser. He didn't shoot the kid. The whiners decided that shooting aholes was mean - "Why couldn't they just tase him?? :cds: " So now cops tase the dipshits and you all want to whine about that too. Yeah, do **** all the way off.

Cop hater? I have many friends and family in the business dear.

Great! Have one of them school you on how fast it can go from simple encounter to someone dead.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

But I feel like we should all agree that something brought 5 cops to the scene, and it probably wasn't Mama's goot boah merely vaping.

black dog

Free America
Such as?

And he reaches to his backpack and you what? Stand there and wait to see what happens?

You should do one of those simulations that put you in a situation with a perp. You have a split second to make a decision. Make the wrong one and you're dead.

Also, it's a freaking taser. He didn't shoot the kid. The whiners decided that shooting aholes was mean - "Why couldn't they just tase him?? :cds: " So now cops tase the dipshits and you all want to whine about that too. Yeah, do **** all the way off.

Great! Have one of them school you on how fast it can go from simple encounter to someone dead.

Its always the same with you, when someone disagrees with you the F U's roll out of your mouth.
Good day...

herb749

I agree, I drove the country for 6 weeks a years ago either slept in the car, slept next to it or under it never had a problem with LEO's or anyone else for that matter. I just took off and drove and didn't have much money back then , it made the trip affordable and I wouldn't change a thing about the trip . Seeing the country for the 1st time was priceless !

That's been a law in OC for a very long time. I also believe they did it on a street by the police lock up. Not too smart.

Bonehead

I think I read that these were two members of a large group that were vaping and acting like dicks, in town on a senior week type stay. Probably got exactly what they had coming..

Hijinx

I remember Ocean City when it was a good safe place to have a vacation, before the invasion of the ghetto college bunch.

Miami, Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach ,, Ocean City.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
We were in OC 2 weekends ago, right at the start of senior week.

Son went out to pick up dinner, saw 3 police cars on the side of the road, lights going. As they got up to it, saw cops supervising underage kids dumping out beer and alcohol. They were still at it after he picked up dinner. Said there must have been 20+cases of beer.

He wanted to offer to buy some of it from the kids, but thought better of it.

Enforcement has to start somewhere.

gemma_rae

Jumbo got separated from the herd and was electrically tranquilized. Jim assures us he was treated humanely while he was tagged and is resting comfortably. Marlin says he will be released to rejoin the herd shortly, and tracked to learn his migration habits.

cricketmd

Once again, when you're told to do something, just do it. Fight it out in court later if necessary.

I agree. Too many people for too many years were raised to not respect authority. The parents (first line of authority) buckled and became soft. Then the teachers became first line of authority. That didn't work well. They put it back on the parents where it should have been. Seems that they too gave up, so now the first line of authority is the police. Rude awakening. They are now adults and refuse to listen at all and feel like victims, I really don't think they understand. It seems generational. My group is always respect authority and the law, something engrained early on. It started at home, teachers just enforced it and it never went to a criminal level. Later generations have the "why should I??" attitude and seem clueless how to just follow orders as directed, they never had to before. JMTC

Bare-ya-cuda

So you didn't watch the video at all then? This guy was about the least threatening in voice and demeanor you could imagine. No one was afraid of this dude. Even if he was cursing them to high heaven 2 minutes before this clip was captured (which might be an argument for tasing him at that time), he was completely docile during this interaction and complying. Either the officers tased him with no real provocation, or they tased him after the situation was de-escalated (using your presumption that he must have been "flipping them chit" before this video). Both of those show a lack of judgement by the officer.
Maybe they tased him because it looked like he was reaching for a weapon. Idk about you but it would be hard for me to wait and see what he has in his hand. By then it could be to late. He got tased because the decision he made. If he would have just complied he would have walked away and any ambulance chasing lawyer could have taken his case and settled it in court if he thought his rights were being violated.