food poisoning?

J

jp2854

Today I went out to lunch at petruzzi's and had chicken parm. After I had like 4 of 5 bites i realized somethign wasn't right. I looked at the chicken and it wasn't cooked in the middle it was raw. My question is how long does it take food poisioning from raw meat to hit and what should I watch out for? I have never had food poisoning before in my life.

thanks much.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
I am pretty sure it can take 12-24 hours to hit a person. Hoepfully you dont get it. Good luck.

lovinmaryland

one hour... about 3 years ago I ordered a chicken nugget kids meal for my son fom McDonalds I had 1/2 of one of the nuggets and it didnt taste right at all. Within an hour I felt awful worst stomach pains ever, they lasted continous for about 3 hours finally when I was going in the bathroom to throw up :barf: my son was walking out of his room throwing up. Never ate a mcnugget since :dead:

Cowgirl

Today I went out to lunch at petruzzi's and had chicken parm. After I had like 4 of 5 bites i realized somethign wasn't right. I looked at the chicken and it wasn't cooked in the middle it was raw. My question is how long does it take food poisioning from raw meat to hit and what should I watch out for? I have never had food poisoning before in my life.

thanks much.

Vomiting and diahrrea. YW. :smile:

Vince

Was overseas and had a meatloaf made from goat meat. 1 hour later :barf: and it lasted almost a week and that's after getting meds from the hospital. :barf: :barf:

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Food Poisoning

Medically speaking usually 24 - 48 hours. Most people think its the last thing they ate that is making them sick. Its not - its what you ate 24-48 hours ago. The only way you know its food poisoning and not the flu can be diagnosed by a DR.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

thanks much.

You don't get food poisoning from raw meat, you get it from spoiled meat.

If it tasted ok, you're probably ok, the undercooking really won't make much of a difference.

Salmonella, on the other hand, could kill you.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I was gonna' post what I found on the internet, but then thought "wtf? jp has a computer". :shrug:

J

jp2854

Thanks everyone. I will be keeping an eye on me to see what happens. I don't recommend you go to petruzzi's unless u want not cooked meat that is what happened to me today. Unless I was just a fluke and got the not cooked meat because they were in such a rush to get me out the door.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Medically speaking usually 24 - 48 hours. Most people think its the last thing they ate that is making them sick. Its not - its what you ate 24-48 hours ago. The only way you know its food poisoning and not the flu can be diagnosed by a DR.

Nope, disagree..

Drink a glass of sour milk mixed with vinegar and mustard and see how fast your body reacts..

or take a triple dose of ex-lax before you leave work.. see if you make it home..

either one, I bet less than 24 hours.

Last edited:

Cowgirl

If it tasted ok, you're probably ok, the undercooking really won't make much of a difference.

If it wasn't handled properly and undercooked, she could very well get it.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

Well, aren't you just a big ol' taste of sunshine. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks everyone. I will be keeping an eye on me to see what happens. I don't recommend you go to petruzzi's unless u want not cooked meat that is what happened to me today. Unless I was just a fluke and got the not cooked meat because they were in such a rush to get me out the door.

Did you send it back or keep eating?

J

jp2854

Did you send it back or keep eating?
I sent it back and they gave me another piece but they didn't give me clean utensils even though i asked for them which stinks so i wiped them off on my napkin.