food poisoning?

wineo

loving life
Medically speaking usually 24 - 48 hours. Most people think its the last thing they ate that is making them sick. Its not - its what you ate 24-48 hours ago. The only way you know its food poisoning and not the flu can be diagnosed by a DR.

Right you are, couldn't figure it out untill SIL called and her and my brother were sick as well. The 3 of us ate the same thing and 2 others in our party didn't. I thought I was going to die. There is nothing you can do. Make sure you have 1 bathroom just for you, for a full day.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Webmd.com - maybe check here next time??

Webmd.com :howdy:

Understanding Food Poisoning - the Basics
What Is Food Poisoning?
You can get food poisoning after eating food contaminated by viral, bacterial, or chemical agents. Food poisoning causes mild to severe, acute discomfort and may leave you temporarily dehydrated. Mild cases last only a few hours and at worst a day or two, but some types, such as botulism or certain forms of chemical poisoning, are severe and possibly life-threatening unless you get medical treatment.

What Causes It?
Many bacteria can cause food poisoning. People who are ill or infected can transmit staphylococcus bacteria to food they are preparing. People who eat or drink contaminated food or water can get travelers' diarrhea, usually caused by the bacterium E. coli. Salmonella poisoning can occur from eating contaminated poultry, eggs, and meat; though potentially fatal, most cases cause only mild discomfort. Harmful bacteria grow in cooked and raw meat and fish, dairy products, and prepared foods left at room temperature too long; dishes made with mayonnaise are notorious culprits.

Canned goods, especially home-canned produce, can harbor a bacterium that needs no oxygen to multiply and is not destroyed by cooking. This bacterium causes botulism, a rare but potentially fatal food poisoning. Infants may develop botulism from eating honey because their immature digestive systems, unlike those of adults, cannot neutralize its naturally occurring bacteria.

Raw seafood, especially contaminated shellfish, may bring on viral food poisoning. Certain mushrooms, berries, and other plants are naturally poisonous to humans and should never be eaten; potato sprouts and eyes also contain natural toxins. Toxic mold can form on improperly stored fruit, vegetables, grains, and nuts. Chemical food poisoning can be caused by pesticides or by keeping food in unsanitary containers.

J

jp2854

Right you are, couldn't figure it out untill SIL called and her and my brother were sick as well. The 3 of us ate the same thing and 2 others in our party didn't. I thought I was going to die. There is nothing you can do. Make sure you have 1 bathroom just for you, for a full day.
If worse come to worse I can sleep on teh couch in the middle of the night there are 2 bathrooms in this house and can use it to my other family members can use the other one. I don't feel so great right now guess with my luck its going to hit me during the middle of the night.

wineo

loving life
If worse come to worse I can sleep on teh couch in the middle of the night there are 2 bathrooms in this house and can use it to my other family members can use the other one. I don't feel so great right now guess with my luck its going to hit me during the middle of the night.

You better keep a bucket with you, cause you cant fit both head and bottom in toliet at the same time. JMO, I comes from both ends and it hits you fast and hard.

Sorry, just letting you know, if it is real food poisoning what you are in for.

W

Wenchy

If it's hitting you that quickly you need to get to the ER right away. Food poisoning is nothing to mess around with, and dehydration sets in right away.

Does your family know what's going on?

J

jp2854

If it's hitting you that quickly you need to get to the ER right away. Food poisoning is nothing to mess around with, and dehydration sets in right away.

Does your family know what's going on?

Yes I called my mom immediately after i ate the 5 pieces I ate and said what can happen to me. All that has happened so far is cramps here and there and that is it...Hopefully this will be it. I guess I got 2 days really to see if anything really hits that is what i heard atleast and a nurse confirmed it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes I called my mom immediately after i ate the 5 pieces I ate and said what can happen to me. All that has happened so far is cramps here and there and that is it...Hopefully this will be it. I guess I got 2 days really to see if anything really hits that is what i heard atleast and a nurse confirmed it.

Just to be safe, you should sleep in the bathtub.

J

jp2854

nope no adult diapers i don't need them....LOL. I am also not sleepign on the bathtub either. The bathroom is really close to my room.

C

czygvtwkr

Ive been wondering if I had the flu or food poisoning this weekend. I had all the symptoms of the flu except for a fever.