Foods everyone likes but you can't stand

NOTSMC

You and I were likely the only two to get liverwurst sandwiches at Chief's.
Lee and I ate there Saturday night and maybe I should have tried the liverwurst because the crab cakes were pretty awful. I love Chiefs usually, never had a bad meal there, but the crab cakes, although big and thick, were so over spiced that I couldn't even taste the crab and I like spicy. That was my first crab cake for the year, pretty disappointed. Guess I'll go back when oysters are back on the menu. Or try liverwurst.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
It was food everyone likes, who the hell likes okra, kale and creamed chipped beef.
Apparently many here in this thread.

Okra must be popular because when I traveled around the south a lot in the 80s and 90s Fried Okra was on nearly every menu.

PeoplesElbow

Apparently many here in this thread.

Okra must be popular because when I traveled around the south a lot in the 80s and 90s Fried Okra was on nearly every menu.
I know they fix it all the time but I don't know anyone except one that actually eats okra.

Green bean casserole is another, every Thanksgiving someone makes one that nobody touches.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I know they fix it all the time but I don't know anyone except one that actually eats okra.

Green bean casserole is another, every Thanksgiving someone makes one that nobody touches.
My mother made the best okra pickles...to die for. She also made fried okra a lot...something I can live without.

Nobody touches the green bean casserole??? :shockedface: I don't consider Tanksgiving or Christmas dinners complete without green bean casserole and freshly baked tater rolls.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Technically I do not know you, but wife and I eat okra all the time. Easy to grow, and it's very versatile. In soups, stews, etc. I sliced some up last week and added it to some Tika Malsala for a veggie.