Football Pool - Week 3

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Chris Simms (bucs qb) was severely eff'd up after today's game. They had to remove his spleen and was given a blood transfusion.:yikes:

Pete

Repete
kom526 said:
Chris Simms (bucs qb) was severely eff'd up after today's game. They had to remove his spleen and was given a blood transfusion.:yikes:
I heard something but couldn't find anything on it. I hope they used blood form a good QB for the transfusion. :yay:

kom526

Watch the halftime show for the Sunday Night game. During a timeout they went to the studio and Peter King (The anti Art Monk for the HOF) said he spoke with Simms' mom and she said he was out of danger now.

Pete

Repete
Was it Bo Jackson who got a lacerated kidney or something freaky like that on what appeared to be a light hit in a game?

kom526

I dunno about Bo. (Had to do that) He did suffer a hip injury after a routine tackle (v. Bengals 1991) that led to a degenerative vascular condition. He eventually had to have it replaced. He would have been absolutely the best 2 sport athlete, right after Jim Thorpe.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How 'bout them...

...Gulls, eh? They just dissected the G men.

They are, by far, the class of the NFC right now.

They've got three tough games; Chicago next week, then later on Denver and San Diego sprinkled in with two with Rams, 9'ers and another one with the Cards, plus Minny, Bucs, Cheeseheads, Raiders and KC.

Looking like home field advantage for the playoffs.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
...Gulls, eh? They just dissected the G men.

They are, by far, the class of the NFC right now.

They've got three tough games; Chicago next week, then later on Denver and San Diego sprinkled in with two with Rams, 9'ers and another one with the Cards, plus Minny, Bucs, Cheeseheads, Raiders and KC.

Looking like home field advantage for the playoffs.

I don't know about home field yet...They have a tougher schedule this year than last... But adding Branch surely helps tremendously... I would truthfully, like to see the 9ners back to the glory days :cool:

And see them and The Skins in the NFC Championship game :cool::cool:

That would be a dream come true :yay:

kom526

The 9er's lost V. Davis for at least 4 weeks with a cracked bone in his leg. I really hope this kid doesn't become an injury prone bust in the NFL. He really impressed me during his last season @ MD.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Weeks 3 Results

For the week -

Larry 13
Airgasm 12
Daddy-O 12
Gumbo 11
MMDad 11
Pete 11
SBK 10
BuddyLee 10