For those of you with little ones...

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Geek said:
Girl, my house is as safe as the law will allow :yay: My eyes are on my kids at all times. I am not stupid enough to believe that I can keep them safe in this world, but I will die trying to do my best to get them to adulthood.
And if only we had more like you!! :huggy:

my only problem is yes I want the money for security I just don't want it being taken away from buying books and other things for the class room.

I know GMHS has camera's and other high schools all have working camera's. I know there are cops at almost every school. I also know the doors are locked durning school hours. I am not sure what else we should do but hey go for it!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Look at the facts. Kids are at greatest risk from neighbors, relatives, and their own parents. In school, the greatest risk is not from people who shouldn't be there, it is from staff and other students. No amount of locks or cameras will change that.

I've visited my kids school and seen the security that is in place. I've written to the principal with a concern, and she took immediate action.

We can't wrap our kids up in cocoons and bubble wrap. We can't make schools impenetrable fortresses.

Geek

mv_princess said:
And if only we had more like you!! :huggy:

my only problem is yes I want the money for security I just don't want it being taken away from buying books and other things for the class room.

I know GMHS has camera's and other high schools all have working camera's. I know there are cops at almost every school. I also know the doors are locked durning school hours. I am not sure what else we should do but hey go for it!

What good are books when the kids are too dead to read them :shrug:

B

Bronwyn

GREAT!!! I've now discovered that I have a rapist living a few houses up my street! :tantrum

Geek

MMDad said:
Look at the facts. Kids are at greatest risk from neighbors, relatives, and their own parents. In school, the greatest risk is not from people who shouldn't be there, it is from staff and other students. No amount of locks or cameras will change that.

I've visited my kids school and seen the security that is in place. I've written to the principal with a concern, and she took immediate action.

We can't wrap our kids up in cocoons and bubble wrap. We can't make schools impenetrable fortresses.

The school changes would I suggest would not protect jack crap if a crazy with a gun comes in. But if it deters them for a little bit maybe the cops can get there quicker. I would like to eliminate all the risks we can predict.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Back to the topic of the thread. I'm glad to see there aren't any close to me any more.

The one that used to live 1/4 mile away just went to the big house for a good long time. :getdown:

Geek

MMDad said:
Back to the topic of the thread. I'm glad to see there aren't any close to me any more.

The one that used to live 1/4 mile away just went to the big house for a good long time. :getdown:

The one that has been convicted moved away. Think of all the ones they have not caught yet.

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
Geek said:
The one that has been convicted moved away. Think of all the ones they have not caught yet.

Think about all that were caught and not convicted but that were still "guilty". :ohwell: Plenty more have been caught and released without a conviction. The map is helpful but still very deceiving.

B

Bronwyn

Why are there laws against building a strip club within 1000 yards of a church or school but a child rapist can live next door?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Geek said:
Pssssst. "big house" is slang for prison. He didn't move away, he went to prison for a long time. That's why I'm happy.

donbarzini

Checked the site. Have two red squares within a 1/4 mile. My kids will be shown the two houses and advised this evening when we go on a field trip.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bronwyn said:
Why are there laws against building a strip club within 1000 yards of a church or school but a child rapist can live next door?
Because people like the ACLU beleive that child molesters still have rights, and can be rehabilitated.

I think we should have a new show: Survivor, child molester! Put them on an island. No rewards, no voting somebody off, just their fellow sickos and no kids.

donbarzini

MMDad said:
Because people like the ACLU beleive that child molesters still have rights, and can be rehabilitated.

I think we should have a new show: Survivor, child molester! Put them on an island. No rewards, no voting somebody off, just their fellow sickos and no kids.

How about Alcatraz island?

B

Bronwyn

donbarzini said:
Checked the site. Have two red squares within a 1/4 mile. My kids will be shown the two houses and advised this evening when we go on a field trip.

That's the best defense. I did the same when my son started to ride his bike further from the house.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I had a hard time finding my son's school because there was a red dot practically on top of it. :faint: