Ford Trucks at Kentucky Speedway because they don't have chips.

Hijinx

1663802536234.png

Thousand of Ford trucks are being parked at Kentucky speedway because they don't have the chips to put in them. This has to be killing Ford's profits, and what kind of sale will they have to have to get rid of them when the chips come in.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Will the price of trucks come down, since they will be an older model when they finally get the chip?

TPD

the poor dad
We bought a new car in July without the chips for heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. Hope to have the chips before we trade the car in...

glhs837

Power with Control
Funny thing.... don't EVs need chips too?
They do. And batteries too. Which is one reason most EV makers are in very limited production. Ford's made and sold only 6,800 Lightning F150 since production started in April. They've promised to make over 150k of these by the end of 2023.... I'm doubtful 🧐

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
They do. And batteries too. Which is one reason most EV makers are in very limited production. Ford's made and sold only 6,800 Lightning F150 since production started in April. They've promised to make over 150k of these by the end of 2023.... I'm doubtful 🧐
That was my tongue-in-cheek implication. Doesn't matter if they push EVs or ICE, if you can't build them, doesn't make any difference.

glhs837

Power with Control
That was my tongue-in-cheek implication. Doesn't matter if they push EVs or ICE, if you can't build them, doesn't make any difference.
But if you manage your supply chain process properly and have a lot of vertical integration, you can mitigate the effects.

stgislander

PREMO Member
We bought a new car in July without the chips for heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. Hope to have the chips before we trade the car in...
Those are very likely the same chips I am waiting for.

BOP

I've had two different dealerships cold-calling me to see if I want to sell my 2020 Tundra with extremely low miles on it.

I know one thing I can just about count on: their ignorant asses won't give me anything near what it's worth.

Speaking of that, I was in one of the dealerships, yesterday, getting a front end alignment. You could have used the showroom floor for a dance hall or a bowling alley. Same for the lot outside. They had two cars inside; a Corolla and a Camry, and cars outside were so spread out to make it appear as though they had more cars than they did.

I almost suggested that they consolidate their vehicles and rent the rest out to the base as overflow parking, along with their shuttle to take people to the base. Too bad they did away with the on-base taxi a few years ago.

Hijinx

I've had two different dealerships cold-calling me to see if I want to sell my 2020 Tundra with extremely low miles on it.

I know one thing I can just about count on: their ignorant asses won't give me anything near what it's worth.

Speaking of that, I was in one of the dealerships, yesterday, getting a front end alignment. You could have used the showroom floor for a dance hall or a bowling alley. Same for the lot outside. They had two cars inside; a Corolla and a Camry, and cars outside were so spread out to make it appear as though they had more cars than they did.

I almost suggested that they consolidate their vehicles and rent the rest out to the base as overflow parking, along with their shuttle to take people to the base. Too bad they did away with the on-base taxi a few years ago.
If you let your truck go, where could you find another?

Reactions: BOP

jrt_ms1995

In my perfect world (which assumes, of course, no conflicts with Vrai's perfect world :) ) there would be no "chips" or electronics in any vehicle. :whistle:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Just imagine what the flood on the market will be like when they finally come it.

They'll be selling "New" 2021s and 2022s until 2029.

Reactions: BOP

Clem72

What in the hell? Why would they need a chip for a heating coil or to redirect cooled air. Both easily controlled with a relay which can go to a button. Even if you make the features accessible on a touchscreen, I imagine the "chip" controlling that system would be responsible for triggering the relay, and in that case it would be a hell of a lot more than just the heat/cool seats and stearing wheel that don't work.

Seem unnecessarily complicated.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
What in the hell? Why would they need a chip for a heating coil or to redirect cooled air. Both easily controlled with a relay which can go to a button. Even if you make the features accessible on a touchscreen, I imagine the "chip" controlling that system would be responsible for triggering the relay, and in that case it would be a hell of a lot more than just the heat/cool seats and stearing wheel that don't work.

Seem unnecessarily complicated.
Most new vehicles have a module in them controlling almost all of the accessories and climate systems.

Ford had to replace the device in my 2020 a few months after I bought it.