Ford Trucks at Kentucky Speedway because they don't have chips.

gemma_rae

My friends brother had a van back in the early 80's and built a bench out of plywood in the back of it. He also put plywood up on the inside panels and then covered everything inside with shag carpet.

He made some stupid sign for it that said "Magic Carpet Ride".:roflmao:

What a :dork:

OccamsRazor

Chicken or egg. The safety stuff, people like not dying. And people survive crashes today that would have been 100% death sentences even 20 years ago. Are the camera systems that bad? Solid state for the most part. Not a lot to go wrong.
My argument is that a great deal of items on newer cars are due to either "luxury" or bad driving. Also, that car makers should provide alternatives WITHOUT all the plus ups.

WingsOfGold

And here wa
From what I have read, there is NO NEED To Replace a battery pack, then can be repaired ... I'll call Tesla lazy for not wanting to do a ' Repair '

And I was pissed that I paid 100 bucks for my 69 Mustang battery last week. What happened to the 29 dollar deals? :eek:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
And here wa

And I was pissed that I paid 100 bucks for my 69 Mustang battery last week. What happened to the 29 dollar deals? :eek:
Didn’t they disappear with members only jackets, max headroom and mall singing girls?

glhs837

Power with Control
My argument is that a great deal of items on newer cars are due to either "luxury" or bad driving. Also, that car makers should provide alternatives WITHOUT all the plus ups.

Like manual transmissions, if you make it, nobody buys it and you go broke and cant sell anything. We can bemoan it all we want, but the facts remain. I'll aslways keep a late 90s 3 series in my stable, that hits the sweet spot of just enough tech, but not to much for when I want that analog feel. ABS, minimal TCS system that can be fully defeated at the press of a button. fuel injection, but not direct injection.

OccamsRazor

Like manual transmissions....
Like manual transmissions... when they were the only thing available and no other choices.... they sold. Then, came the automatic transmission. Once this arrived, you were given a CHOICE which transmission you wanted.
Do I have a choice to decline the automatic braking system camera?

glhs837

Power with Control
Like manual transmissions... when they were the only thing available and no other choices.... they sold. Then, came the automatic transmission. Once this arrived, you were given a CHOICE which transmission you wanted.
Do I have a choice to decline the automatic braking system camera?

Same way you can get a manual. Or a car where the parking brake is a handle. By choosing to "drive in the past".

Like it or not, we as a society have decided to save the idiots at all costs. And those AEBs do save lives. As do crumple zones, and blind spot detection avoidance and traction/stability control. Traffic deaths have fallen for decades, and its not because suck less at driving.

So, find and buy a level of tech where you are happy and drive it til you die. That's your option. Engines last hundreds of thousands of miles these days with spark plugs and oil. Tell that to someone in 1974. Never check or adjust anything.

Kinnakeet

EFI not hard to understand, and easier to fix.

If you even need to replace them. Most people wont, since not many hold vehicles over 300k. And I imagine battery replacement insurance outside of warranty will be lucrative business. Most will buy it and never use it, like trip insurance.

There are lots of materials around for batteries, and the forumlations keep improving and requiring less of the probelmatic ones.

We already covered, it costs far less to maintain one. What are your drivers for maint? Brakes and oil changes, filters and plugs. EVs need none of that, except a cabin filter.

How long to charge? At home, hours and hours, fast charging, usually less than 15-20 minutes depending. Cost, that depends on how smart we are about our grid. Add storage and nuke, and the cost will drop. Lets check in in say three or five years...
All will be antiques when the GOP gets back in charge we dont like EV BS give me gas guzzling hot rods and diesels the AMERICAN way

glhs837

Power with Control
All will be antiques when the GOP gets back in charge we dont like EV BS give me gas guzzling hot rods and diesels the AMERICAN way

Sorry, after the Obamacare fiasco, I have little faith that they will make any significant changes. And who is "we"? Millions of Americans disagree with you. Not sure who you think elected you to decide what the American Way is, but the most popular EV in the country by a wide margin is also the most AMERICAN made car you can buy here. Seems sorta like the American Way to me.

Clem72

Sorry, after the Obamacare fiasco, I have little faith that they will make any significant changes. And who is "we"? Millions of Americans disagree with you. Not sure who you think elected you to decide what the American Way is, but the most popular EV in the country by a wide margin is also the most AMERICAN made car you can buy here. Seems sorta like the American Way to me.

Always cracked me up that leaky oil and loud exhaust is American, while precision is somehow owned by the germans (nevermind every german car I ever owned was a POS).

Back in the late 90s which to my memory was about the height of the loud-bass soundsystem craze I had a neighbor that would complain about how loud the music is playing on some of our other neighbors vehicles. And all I could think of was how much of a hypocritical ass he is considering he owned the loudest fracking motorcycle I had ever heard and would pull his old Chevelle out onto his driveway on sunday mormings at the buttcrack of dawn and rev the engine for 20 minutes to warm it up.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Always cracked me up that leaky oil and loud exhaust is American, while precision is somehow owned by the germans (nevermind every german car I ever owned was a POS).

Back in the late 90s which to my memory was about the height of the loud-bass soundsystem craze I had a neighbor that would complain about how loud the music is playing on some of our other neighbors vehicles. And all I could think of was how much of a hypocritical ass he is considering he owned the loudest fracking motorcycle I had ever heard and would pull his old Chevelle out onto his driveway on sunday mormings at the buttcrack of dawn and rev the engine for 20 minutes to warm it up.
:lol: Should have recorded his vehicles and played it back for him at an ungodly hour on one of those kickass big bass systems.

Clem72

:lol: Should have recorded his vehicles and played it back for him at an ungodly hour on one of those kickass big bass systems.
Never thought to do that. I did go out with a 25ft house scrubber and knock his direct tv out of alignment every time a storm came up.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Bring back winged widows.

Ambassador+vent+window.jpg