Forum Shoot

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Big Fatty said:
Gotta tell Hank about this one...

Four double feeds during the Tac Course, still shot a 95% in 10:22. The rifle was so jammed up in one instance Jerry couldn't clear it.

10:22? Holy Crap man! Well you are a big fatty so. Yeah just don't shoot any of the "good guys" I hit two last year and got 20% taken off my score for an 80%. That took me out of the "top guns" club by a tenth of a percent. This year I won't even be close.

B

Big Fatty

If I had a decent rifle I would have done better. You should have seen these rifles we used when we cleaned them. Makes ya think what kinda shape they are in on post.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Well I have no clue what you guys are talking about. I am guessing there is a timed scoring system??? I shot at a range once when I was like 15, just playing around. I grew up where I could stand at my back door and shoot if I wanted too. We just used to set up cans or bottle caps and shoot them.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Magnum said:
Well I have no clue what you guys are talking about. I am guessing there is a timed scoring system??? I shot at a range once when I was like 15, just playing around. I grew up where I could stand at my back door and shoot if I wanted too. We just used to set up cans or bottle caps and shoot them.

4 of us here work together, we are in the middle of our quals on HG and rifle.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Congratulations Gump...

AK-74me said:
Dropped 6% and 7% repectfully in both rifle and HG this year from last. Shot 90% on both. Some how I was missing 5 rounds on my rifle target. I think I may of shot at someone elses target a few times, I was shooting in the middle and those ACOGS can throw you off kind of easy if you aren't paying close attention.

I am not making any excuses though, I sucked.

...you shot 12 out of 10, center ring! As for you, AK, you completely missed the target, twice..."

:killingme:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Larry Gude said:
...you shot 12 out of 10, center ring! As for you, AK, you completely missed the target, twice..."

:killingme:

Yeah, o well. I was wondering how the dude next to me had more holes in his target then rounds we took to the firing line.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's just...

AK-74me said:
Yeah, o well. I was wondering how the dude next to me had more holes in his target then rounds we took to the firing line.

...THAT good! Probably become next chairman of the joint chiefs over that story.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Question for all you shooting experts.

Do any of you have a Springfield XD series? I keep hearing it's a great gun for the price. I am thinking about getting the 45. I see there is a .357 version, sucks it's not a magnum but how does the .357 compare to a .45? I am new to the whole handgun thing.

TIA :howdy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Go here...

Magnum said:

Do any of you have a Springfield XD series? I keep hearing it's a great gun for the price. I am thinking about getting the 45. I see there is a .357 version, sucks it's not a magnum but how does the .357 compare to a .45? I am new to the whole handgun thing.

...http://forums.1911forum.com/

...and search it. You will find all you need and more.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Magnum said:

I have an XD 45 I like it, it is kinda big though, it uses the beaver tail safety like the 1911 and as the same type of trigger as the Glock, it also has no hammer.

I have pretty big hands and I find that in order to release the mag I have to adjust my grip, which I don't like but... The gun itself though shoots good and it holds 13+1 rds. So that is about as high of a capacity that you can ask for in a .45 HG.

As far as the performace of .45 compared to .357 SIG check these ballistic gellatin test.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=237

ETA- .357 SIG is pretty expensive, almost double what .45ACP is. Personally I see no reason anyone would want .357SIG over .45ACP

Also this is the Springfield Forum off AR15.com, there are many threads on XD's you can read for yourself.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=5&f=34

Last edited:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Hmm sounds like the main complaint is the wide grip. I held a 45 last week at the tackle box and it did not seem too bad. I like the 13+1 capacity, with that comes the price of the width.

I have the 1911 pit bull now. I have put about 100 rounds through it, seems ok. I def need to practice with a Pistol more.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
A question...

Magnum said:
Hmm sounds like the main complaint is the wide grip. I held a 45 last week at the tackle box and it did not seem too bad. I like the 13+1 capacity, with that comes the price of the width.

I have the 1911 pit bull now. I have put about 100 rounds through it, seems ok. I def need to practice with a Pistol more.

...you've held both a regular 1911 and a hi cap .45? Very, very different and I'm just seeking to clarify.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Larry Gude said:
...you've held both a regular 1911 and a hi cap .45? Very, very different and I'm just seeking to clarify.
I held the XD 45, 13+1

I own an Auto Ordnance Pit Bull 1911. That one is a 7+1 45, it has rubber grips that fits my hand really good. The XD felt a little wide. It also felt funny holding a plastic gun.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's different...

Magnum said:
I held the XD 45, 13+1

I own an Auto Ordnance Pit Bull 1911. That one is a 7+1 45, it has rubber grips that fits my hand really good. The XD felt a little wide. It also felt funny holding a plastic gun.

...that's for sure.

Anyway, I was just clarifying about the grip because it is such a huge difference. I never understood the military going to the Beretta double stack over the old school .45, especially if the goal was ergonomics AND especially if it was for women's benefit. I have big hands and my 9mm is a handful whereas the single stack .45 just feels...right.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
:tap:

Well anyone still want to go shooting??? Still working on my break in of my new gun. It's a pain but I gotta do it. Break it down after every shot and clean. So who's up for some tin can killin??