Forum Shoot

smilin

BOXER NATION
Plinking would be fun, if I could free myself up, then clean everything I have.

I even have a good idea as to who from the forum we could ask to hold the targets.

:whistle:

I'm up for Sundays :yay:

Anyone been to the Mechanicsville Turkey Shoot? I used to go to the one in Accokeek, never been to this one.
Nope. Never been to a turkey shoot at all. Want to one of these days to see what they are like.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Nope. Never been to a turkey shoot at all. Want to one of these days to see what they are like.

Accokeek used to be great, everyone was always friendly. Went to the Hughesville one once with 2 of my cousins. Oh you could tell everyone else was regulars. The last shoot of the day my cousin had to shoot off 3 times, he clearly won every shoot off, finally they decided to split the pot. Total BS.

It's more of a fun day out with a lot of luck. Knowing the pattern of your gun helps alot. Most places have choke restrictions. At one point a guy was running a shoot out in his field, a run what you brung type event. They were mad when I won the last $10 money shot.

smilin

BOXER NATION
It's more of a fun day out with a lot of luck. Knowing the pattern of your gun helps alot. Most places have choke restrictions. At one point a guy was running a shoot out in his field, a run what you brung type event. They were mad when I won the last $10 money shot.

There used to be a huge Turkey Shoot at the VFW in Lusby. Never made it, but everbody loved it and said it was a lot of fun.

Accokeek used to be great, everyone was always friendly. Went to the Hughesville one once with 2 of my cousins. Oh you could tell everyone else was regulars. The last shoot of the day my cousin had to shoot off 3 times, he clearly won every shoot off, finally they decided to split the pot. Total BS.

Worse part about never going is that I live about 3 miles from it.

I would be up for it...

my step-son and a bunch of others are going to a Turkey Shoot in Ridge on Sunday... not sure exactly where though but I can see...

In a weekend or so I would be able to go - I am crow hunting Saturday morning and this Sunday is booked.

Oh - I am assuming pistols right?

R

RadioPatrol

:tap:

Well anyone still want to go shooting??? Still working on my break in of my new gun. It's a pain but I gotta do it. Break it down after every shot and clean. So who's up for some tin can killin??

I am down for that ? where @ your place in dogpatch :razz:

SKS, .22, Mossy 500 ..... M39

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I am down for that ? where @ your place in dogpatch :razz:

SKS, .22, Mossy 500 ..... M39

I am nowhere near Dogpatch :shrug:

My place only works for a couple rounds here and there, I am a little too close to a post office and some other houses to play too much.

I am planning on bringing out my SKS, couple .308's

I know there is a range near Laplata :shrug:

R

RadioPatrol

I am nowhere near Dogpatch :shrug:

My place only works for a couple rounds here and there, I am a little too close to a post office and some other houses to play too much.

I am planning on bringing out my SKS, couple .308's

I know there is a range near Laplata :shrug:

yeah on 227 headed to Indian Head from LaPlata

Myrtle Grove WMA

you need your $ 20 dollar yrly pass and you will get sighted for Trespassing if you do not have one ............ $ 250

Dodgem250

yeah on 227 headed to Indian Head from LaPlata

Myrtle Grove WMA

you need your $ 20 dollar yrly pass and you will get sighted for Trespassing if you do not have one ............ $ 250

The Range is on Route 225, not 227, and it is closed until April 1st. They are replacing everything at the main range and I understand that they are making major improvements to the skeet/trap range too. I don't know what they are doing with the archery range, but, a better 3-D setup would be nice.

Range permits are $20.00 for the year, and don't go there without one, or the big tall A$$O in the green outfit will give you his autograph for $125.00

R

RadioPatrol

:killingme:

I am sure lots of Forumites would show for that turkey shoot ......... and nhboy, frostool, Kerad ...........