Gay marriage legal in MD

Spoiled

http://www.gaycitynews.com/gcn_455/sample.html

A Baltimore trial judge ruled in favor of an American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit seeking same-sex marriage in Maryland on January 20. The ruling by Circuit Judge M. Brooke Murdock found that a statute banning same-sex marriages violated the Equal Rights Amendment of the Maryland Constitution, which forbids the state from discriminating on the basis of sex.

Hessian

Incrementalism...

as I warned 4 years ago.
So...how long before the first lawsuit against a religious organization for not hiring a gay?
They may not win the first but they will keep hammering the doors until the Church/synagogue/mosque has to go bankrupt in some suit. Then another precident forces preachers to avoid using "hate" speech like in Canada and Sweden recently.

More rights are lost to political correctness every day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hessian said:
More rights are lost to political correctness every day.
We've discussed this. I think it's unconstitutional to prevent gay marriage. I also think it's unconstitutional to prevent polygamy.

My opinion is that the government shouldn't have a single thing to say about marriage in any way, shape or form. That is a personal matter and shouldn't be regulated by the government. You shouldn't need a license to get married when you don't need one to have children. There shouldn't be a different tax rate for married people - everyone should file their own taxes based on their personal income.

I, personally, would be a great candidate to have a wife instead of a husband. I go to work and support the family, she takes care of the house and the feeding thing. And, since I'm not a lesbian, she can have all the boyfriends she wants, and still be my legal spouse and next of kin. Why shouldn't I be able to have that?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
We've discussed this. I think it's unconstitutional to prevent gay marriage. I also think it's unconstitutional to prevent polygamy.

My opinion is that the government shouldn't have a single thing to say about marriage in any way, shape or form. That is a personal matter and shouldn't be regulated by the government. You shouldn't need a license to get married when you don't need one to have children. There shouldn't be a different tax rate for married people - everyone should file their own taxes based on their personal income.

I, personally, would be a great candidate to have a wife instead of a husband. I go to work and support the family, she takes care of the house and the feeding thing. And, since I'm not a lesbian, she can have all the boyfriends she wants, and still be my legal spouse and next of kin. Why shouldn't I be able to have that?
I need a wife, also.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:

:howdy: I'm looking for a job :howdy: And I agree with everything you just said 100% :howdy:

:lol:

tomchamp

vraiblonde said:

Is that what you really want? I don't think so!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
tomchamp said:
Your right BS Girl! :wink: :razz:
All of us females want a wife that takes care of us like we do our hubbys. Hmmmm, today, Walmart, grocery shopping, home-made chicken pot pie, cleaned house, yet, I must admit, I spent 16 minutes at the tanning booth. Shame on me. Oh, also cleaned up the boy's dog's pee and shoveled a dead bird from under the feeder. Didn't have a chance to practice on the motorcycle though...much tooooooo busy taking care of everybody else. Whine, whine, wine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
tomchamp said:
Is that what you really want? I don't think so!
That's neither here nor there. My household relationships shouldn't be the state's business and if I want a wife instead of a husband, I should be able to have one.

And sorry, Dems - I need someone who cooks. :lol:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
That's neither here nor there. My household relationships shouldn't be the state's business and if I want a wife instead of a husband, I should be able to have one.

:ohwell: Actually, I do cook -- I cook really well... just not grilling or cooking a steak in the oven :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:

Me, too. And cleans.