Gay people and marriage - do you really care?

How much do you care, really, about gay people?

• I am a Republican and I think gay people are an abomination

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • I am a Republican and I couldn't care less about gay people - let 'em marry. Who cares?

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • I am a Democrat and I think gay people are an abomination.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I am a Democrat and I couldn't care less about gay people - let 'em marry. Who cares?

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I am an Independent and I think gay people are an abomination.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • I am a Independent and I couldn't care less about gay people - let 'em marry. Who cares?

Votes: 26 33.3%

• Total voters

AndyMarquisLIVE

the point is that the argument is always that the homos dont have the same rights as the normal people. Since marriage is not a right, I would like to know what rights are being kept from them.
Ever read the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States?

It IS a Government entity, regardless.

Should the MVA prohibit black women from driving because driving's anot a guaranteed right?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What...

Should the MVA prohibit black women from driving because driving's anot a guaranteed right?

...would be the basis for an argument prohibiting black women from driving?

Had you said 'Asian women', the answer would be 'public safety.' :lol:

The basis for forbidding gay marriage is the argument that marriage is between a man and a woman.

bcp

In My Opinion

yes I have read the 14th. evidently you have not if you think it makes marriage a right.

why cant the black lady drive? and, certain people can be kept from driving under certain circumstances. Driving is a privilage, not a right.

Xaquin44

...would be the basis for an argument prohibiting black women from driving?

Had you said 'Asian women', the answer would be 'public safety.' :lol:

The basis for forbidding gay marriage is the argument that marriage is between a man and a woman.

yeah, but look up marriage in the dictionary and it means many things. Not just a man and a woman.

bcp

In My Opinion
yeah, but look up marriage in the dictionary and it means many things. Not just a man and a woman.
true however if we are going by definition.
marriage is considered as being recognized by Church (or religious entity) and government.
Civil union brings the same conditions with it, but is only recognized by government.
therefore, I have to say that this marriage argument is not about hooking up with all the same benefits as a hetero couple, but more to the point it is about doing so and FORCING a religious acceptance of the act.

not going to happen.

bcp

In My Opinion
For the record, I hate Gay people and think they should not be a part of our society.
thats a little harsh.
how can you hate the ill?
I think that we should embrace them and work hard to find them treatment that can cure them.
at the same time, we must continue to refuse acknowledgment of the homosexuals lifestyle as acceptable and or normal.

compassion and cure is the approach that should be taken.

Solja_Boy

thats a little harsh.
how can you hate the ill?
compassion and cure is the approach that should be taken.

It is very easy. I hate them just likeI hate people who have the Ebola virus. I don't want to get close enough to them for them to try and infect me with their gayness.

bcp

In My Opinion
It is very easy. I hate them just likeI hate people who have the Ebola virus. I don't want to get close enough to them for them to try and infect me with their gayness.
unless you are an impressionable child, I doubt that you will catch gayness. (I dont think its a virus, although it does bring with it many virus strains)
small children however should be kept from being taught that homohumpin is acceptable.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hmmm... got a question......Gay Pride?

Is that a bunch of lions humping each other in the bush?