Getting old sucks, but...

craberta

:elaine: I think I am going to try to de-tox, hydrate exfoliate, nourish, My whole body, and soul. I know someone who did this, and she looks good. She says I should try it. She created a diet or eating schedual, and eats alot of natural foods, as much fresh as she can, and she swears by sweating in a sauna. The first thing I noticed is how clear her skin got, how younger she seems. She has lost some weight but not too much, and her diabetes and high blood presure is reversing. She also said that keeping her teeth and gums clean have made her teeth stronger and also according to her dentist reversed her gum disease. The beauty of her program is, that she takes the weekend and hollidays off, she eats whatever and skips the excersises. she is in her late 50's, but now looks early 40s.

Susan

you gotta work on aging gracefully

yes, i find with me, if i eat as many natural foods (fresh or frozen). forget about packaged foods or eating out, i mean limit that as much as you can. you will see a difference with your entire being. skin, hair, attitude. and, i suppose one does have to work as hard as you can with this "natural" lifestyle until it becomes part of your life!

Susan

cont'd

:bdaycake: :buttkiss: :buttkiss: i do believe that you can get a little help -- there are many doctors now switching gears into "weight loss" and "body sculpturing". it think it all works together, i.e. dieting (whichever is good for you), exercising (regularly), liposuction

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
Taking care of yourself is important - it makes getting old not suck so much.

:yeahthat: And I really only notice that I'm getting older when I try and do a massive house clean in one day to only wake up and barely move the next day.

:doh: My back hurts this morning, and I found a mysterious bruise on my arm. :twitch:

craberta

Mystery bruises and felling so sore after cleaning house is what I noticed about five years ago. I saw a show one day about a homeless kid, he was about 17 when he left to go live in malibu. I dont remember his name, but he would only eat uncooked foods. I have never seen such beautiful skin and hair on a guy. I think I will look up the uncooked diet. He ended up making money on a book or something like that, my memory is sucking right now.

lillymay

Natural foods have no or minimal toxins, chemicals or preservatives. Food Lion has added a decent size natural foods section to the store but just because it says natural doesn't mean it is. Gotta watch that. Refined sugar plays hell on your skin! Good luck with the new lifestyle!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I keep seeing this thread title and mentally finishing the sentence:

Getting old sucks, but... it's better than the alternative.

:lol:

T

TabbyDoll

vraiblonde said:
I keep seeing this thread title and mentally finishing the sentence:

Getting old sucks, but... it's better than the alternative.

:lol:

AMEN! I work with the elderly every day and it only gets worse...I just pray that I will have family that cares enough to take care of me when that time comes!

craberta

GETTING OLD SUCKS BUTT! :killingme You just brought up my worst fear, being helpless and alone. I don't want to think that far ahead, at the rate things are going for me it is looking like a possibility. I don't have family on my side to depend on, my daughter married a guy who doesn't like us, and both my sons can't stand being around us. It isn't that they don't love us, they just want to be on their own (except when they need gas money or food). No wonder I look and feel so bad. I am pissed off that I stayed home to raise them, and they want to get away, Now I can't get a decent job cause technology left me behind....and I look like crap and feel sick. That is why I won't buy junk food anymore, and I am going to try to get healthy so I can enjoy at least 20 good years with hubbs.

Susan

true, and my daddy would say to my mother as she complained about getting old... he say, if you dont age, your dead! not so profund but true...

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I have enjoyed every year I've aged thus far (yea, yea, I know ... I'm only 32). Now, I'm sure that I could do without the wrinkles, extra aches and pains, etc. as the years pile on, but I like --mentally -- where I am each year that passes ... the things I learn, the experiences I live, the people I meet, and the things for which I'm thankful. Every wrinkle, every gray hair, has a story behind it ... some worth a chuckle; others worth tears. But they're all the things that make up my life's experiences so far. Regardless of where you think life evolves from, it's such an awesome thing to have and experience, and if that means I have to see a couple grays and wrinkles in the mirror during the journey, chalk each one up to what you did yesterday, who you met 10 years ago, the choices you've made in life, and the people you love/d, and wear those wrinkles and grays proudly, ladies! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
craberta said:
GETTING OLD SUCKS BUTT! :killingme You just brought up my worst fear, being helpless and alone. I don't want to think that far ahead, at the rate things are going for me it is looking like a possibility. I don't have family on my side to depend on, my daughter married a guy who doesn't like us, and both my sons can't stand being around us. It isn't that they don't love us, they just want to be on their own (except when they need gas money or food). No wonder I look and feel so bad. I am pissed off that I stayed home to raise them, and they want to get away, Now I can't get a decent job cause technology left me behind....and I look like crap and feel sick. That is why I won't buy junk food anymore, and I am going to try to get healthy so I can enjoy at least 20 good years with hubbs.
Have a hug :huggy:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
What kills me is that the bags and wrinkles are fighting for land rights with the zits and cavities in my case. :dead:

I'm all for the being your body's best friend. It's hard to be perfect like the zealots out there - or even want to be - but every positive action helps!

I'd like to engage in yoga again, exercise at the gym, save and have professionals perform miracles on me, but I tend to find an excuse why I don't.

Good Luck! :yay: