Getting Started Hunting

HunterJJD

sanchezf said:
3 Freezers worth
I feel your pain, I have one piled full, plus more in others and have already give a bunch away and also give 11 deer away this year already. Hard to get out to hunt more when you do not feel like butchering them. Plus I have pork and other game animals left

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
HunterJJD said:
I feel your pain, I have one piled full, plus more in others and have already give a bunch away and also give 11 deer away this year already. Hard to get out to hunt more when you do not feel like butchering them. Plus I have pork and other game animals left

I am in the process of giving stuff away now. As we already have a new one at the butcher's (Monday). I told the Butcher ALL jerkey please :jameo:

HunterJJD

sanchezf said:
I am in the process of giving stuff away now. As we already have a new one at the butcher's (Monday). I told the Butcher ALL jerkey please :jameo:
I butcher all mine and make my own jerkey. I could not afford to pay to have mine cut up or to have the amount of jerkey made that I make a year

I feed a good amount of needy families all year, about the only good thing I do

Vince

HunterJJD said:
I butcher all mine and make my own jerkey. I could not afford to pay to have mine cut up or to have the amount of jerkey made that I make a year

I'm not going to butcher my own this year, but then I say that every year and end up doing it. Need to find a good butcher.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
HunterJJD said:

I do make some of my own jerkey but don't have enough free time to make it all, so I just pay the butcher (Lord knows he's probably working on his vacation home :killingme )

We also donate a ton of meat to the needy, to bad more didn't..

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Vince said:
I'm not going to butcher my own this year, but then I say that every year and end up doing it. Need to find a good butcher.

My Butcher is wonderful, if you would like I'll get you his name and number ..

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
droptine said:
what area of MD and how much?

Southern Maryland (Waldorf), off of Poplar Hill Rd. It's called Rick's
As far as prices go, it really depends on what you what and do you want flavor.

ex sausage or maple sausage..

but compared to most in the area he is very reasonable

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Okay, to my red giver:

Getting Started Hunting 09-22-2006 06:10 PM your mom should have been spayed

Your mom should have told you not to speak badly of other people's moms. :smack:

Nickster

I found a cool site called huntingpa.com. But its pennsylvania exclusive. I checked out buckwildadventures.com too. I really like the site. Its maryland specific and based out of southern md. Cool forum too! Thanks guys!

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
To my red giver -- AGAIN --:

Getting Started Hunting 09-25-2006 08:48 AM quit yer biatching, everybody eats, and you peta types make me sick- please go away

That would be PETA but I'm almost positive I'm not one. :howdy: Go find a life. :lalala:
I have one and so do the beautiful animals until you kill them. :smack:

Nickster

My Aunts brothers funeral was today. He died last week when a deer hit him while he was riding his motorcycle. Over population is a problem and if someone you new was hurt you may feel the same way Winn.

Angel

~*~*~
Vince said:
:yeahthat: Winn, when you hit one with your car and it does a couple thousand dollars worth of damage, and you lose the use of your vehicle for a few weeks, then tell me not to go deer hunting. Besides, I like venison. :yum: Vension sausage, venison roast, venison jerky, venison steaks, etc. :yum:
:yum: AND Venison Chili, Venison Spaghetti... :yum: