Ghetto nails

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
now I do get my nails done.. but they have to be VERY short because I cant type if they are long.

Im talking short as right at the tip of your finger short...LOL

but my nails are so soft and have never grown well.... I will cut back where I can to get them done.

I can usually keep up to 1" beyond the finger tip if I am careful, but then there are times they all end up short like they are today (too many critter projects lately). I, too, will sacrifice to get my hands/feet done periodically. Good looking hands/feet are important. Nothing worse than people with ugly feet wearing sandals. Oops did I say that? Smack me :razz: .

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I can usually keep up to 1" beyond the finger tip if I am careful, but then there are times they all end up short like they are today (too many critter projects lately). I, too, will sacrifice to get my hands/feet done periodically. Good looking hands/feet are important. Nothing worse than people with ugly feet wearing sandals. Oops did I say that? Smack me :razz: .

:flowers:

SoMDGirl42

I know that I'm making an assumption here, or maybe my statement will be considered Profiling, but here goes. The one's with the biggest BLING on the nails are probably the ones that have no job, or might be on some kind of Assistance. When you look under the 3 inch claws, it is dirty looking in most cases. In my opinion, they are very unsanitizing too. I had fake nails for years, and finally got them taken off last year. I wore them short, and didn't have any Bling, but that's because I'm old.

I pretty much said the same thing :lol: I just worded it differently, I work for a living, meaning most of them don't. :jet:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
exactly why I can't afford to get mine done. I have to work harder, those on welfare are depending on me!!!!

before I leave... I really think i need to get one of those bummper stickers for the van... so she can look at it all day while im at work!! :buddies:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
we pay for their nails to get done....

speaking of nail jobs ....

I let them try that special gel polish (used with the light) on me they say lasts about 2 weeks? Mine lasted on my fingernails 3 weeks - yeah! (toes always last long than finger nails). I couldn't believe it. Costs more too though, but at least my fingernails and my toenails matched for 3 straight weeks and I didn't have to do anything ..... of course that may be too long of a commitment to a single color for some .....

I'm scared to get that again, what's in the stuff? Rocket ship paint? Are my nails going to fall off if I keep using that stuff?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
speaking of nail jobs ....

I let them try that special gel polish (used with the light) on me they say lasts about 2 weeks? Mine lasted on my fingernails 3 weeks - yeah! (toes always last long than finger nails). I couldn't believe it. Costs more too though, but at least my fingernails and my toenails matched for 3 straight weeks and I didn't have to do anything ..... of course that may be too long of a commitment to a single color for some .....

I'm scared to get that again, what's in the stuff? Rocket ship paint? Are my nails going to fall off if I keep using that stuff?
The shellac??

I use that stuff, and I have the glitter stuff now.

I am batting 1000 here for being on the outs. Glitter nails, and designed toes.

SoMDGirl42

I can't take any now. But I will later.

My nails, are a very light color still glitter but light.

My toes which are covered at work, and a zebra paint on the big toes.

you get a pass, you are disqualified under the "unless they are young" rule.

Rock on sista!

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
you get a pass, you are disqualified under the "unless they are young" rule.

Rock on sista!

:lol: But I am not that young.

Here is a picture I found online #7 is what I have. This is on my natural nail which are short

Attachments

• GVJCA5TD10QCA7MIHGHCATA478KCANQT3ZLCA79NUE0CA4UAJ50CAXJNKQ5CAKVV0U2CA7HQPJ3CAICL7JSCAWKNPVRCALZH.jpg
    GVJCA5TD10QCA7MIHGHCATA478KCANQT3ZLCA79NUE0CA4UAJ50CAXJNKQ5CAKVV0U2CA7HQPJ3CAICL7JSCAWKNPVRCALZH.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 129

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
now I do get my nails done.. but they have to be VERY short because I cant type if they are long.

Im talking short as right at the tip of your finger short...LOL

but my nails are so soft and have never grown well.... I will cut back where I can to get them done.
I'm the same way - I keep my fingernails trimmed to fingertip length and can't stand it when they're any longer. I have strong nails but I just don't like the way long nails look or feel. I even clip my nails before a manicure to make sure they don't leave them too long. :controlfreak: :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Last pedicure I got, I had a tiny daisy painted on my big toe. I thought it was very cute. :razz:
I should amend my statement - I do think that it can be cute, but I would never do that to my own toes because I like everything to be uniform. I have become a bit anal retentive in the last few years. :lol: