Go Redskins

Toxick

Splat
Am I the only one who watched the game last night??
HTTR!!! :yahoo:

I watched it.
I'm more of a Ravens guy, but I root for the Redskins.

Especially when they kick the crap out of the Steelers.

Grossman looked better than his usual self. I won't go so far as to say that he was "right on point", but he moved the ball and put some numbers on the board. I'm kinda liking White.

Kerrigan made me cheer!

I heard that Roethlisberger was going to throw a party in DC last night.

But it got intercepted.

BOOM!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Am I the only one who watched the game last night??
HTTR!!! :yahoo:

Watched the first half. It looks like last years defense only, maybe a little better with some young speed in the secondary. D line looks really good. I just have this sense of doom about London. He is soooo important and plays so hard. Just worry about what happens if he goes down.

O line looks like they can keep up the zone block thing and run the ball decent and things are looking good at receiver and TE.

In today's NFL it's reasonable to argue they are a decent bet for the playoffs with Cousins running the show. If Robert can stay healthy while still providing that threat, if they can stay in that rhythm of last year where they can score at least a field goal nearly every possession, give the D some breathing room where maybe they can attack and make some big plays without the constant stress of a close game...

My keys for the season; London Fletcher's health and the development of the rookies in the back.

Dondi

Dondi
I like Pat White, and Kyle's use of him in the read option plays. Keeps the offense primed for RG III's return. Unfortunately, I doubt they will maintain 4 QBs on the roster. I think White knows that and is fishing for a pick up elsewhere.

Grossman did remarkable well, except for the INT, which I understand was caused by a missed route by the receiver. When he's hot, he's hot. I just want some consistency from RG I.

The front D-line did a decent job containing the run. Still have a few concerns with the seciondary, though I think it's and improvement from last year. Need a few kinks straightened out.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I like Pat White, and Kyle's use of him in the read option plays. Keeps the offense primed for RG III's return. Unfortunately, I doubt they will maintain 4 QBs on the roster. I think White knows that and is fishing for a pick up elsewhere.

Here's the thing. If you take it for granted that Robert WILL get hurt with the only questions being when and out for how long AND you want to retain the read option and White is enough of a threat to throw it to force defenses to play him straight up, then, there is a case to be made for four.

Cousins you keep because of his legitimate potential as an NFL starter.

White you keep so you can retain the threat of the run.

Wrecks you keep because RGIII loves him as well as his teammates and it is said he's a good teacher for all of them.

If Cousins gets hurt while Robert is hurt, not out of the question, you do not want Wrecks to be the only option.

Dondi

Dondi
If Cousins gets hurt while Robert is hurt, not out of the question, you do not want Wrecks to be the only option.

Neither do I want a very inexperienced QB in White. He's been two years removed from football, only after playing scantly with the Dolphins. I admit that you can still get read option plays with White that you won't see in either Cousins or the other RGIII (I didn't know Rex was a third until recently), but I would feel more comfortable with the experience you have in Rex, if he can be consistent.

If White does end up as a fourth QB, they might well pare down the wide receiver bank, and use him in option passes, ala Randle-El. He's said in the past he is open to other positions.

Fact is, any team that has to come down to there 3rd string quarterback is pretty much done for the season anyway.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I just found out that I will be going to the game tomorrow. I don't even watch football usually, but what-the-heck. Anything I should know about what time to get there, what I can and can't take in, etc.? I guess I ought to go look at the Fedex Field website eh? And how much money does one need to eat/drink there? $30 bucks a person I bet?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I asked about the seat numbers and was told the seats are private upstairs - I'm assuming this means the private suites? Or whatever they are called there? Hmm I may enjoy this after all.

SoMDGirl42

I just found out that I will be going to the game tomorrow. I don't even watch football usually, but what-the-heck. Anything I should know about what time to get there, what I can and can't take in, etc.? I guess I ought to go look at the Fedex Field website eh? And how much money does one need to eat/drink there? $30 bucks a person I bet?

if you plan on drinking, plan on more than $30. I don't drink and I think a soda with a keep sake plastic cup cost me $12 last time. Forget what the beer cost my son, but it ain't cheap. :lol:

Hot dog, college fund
nachos? 2nd mortgage

More than that? Better rob a bank

But hey, it's all in the experience of being there. I wouldn't miss a game if I could get tickets to every single one of them.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
if you plan on drinking, plan on more than $30. I don't drink and I think a soda with a keep sake plastic cup cost me $12 last time. Forget what the beer cost my son, but it ain't cheap. :lol:

Hot dog, college fund
nachos? 2nd mortgage

More than that? Better rob a bank

But hey, it's all in the experience of being there. I wouldn't miss a game if I could get tickets to every single one of them.

I wonder if being in the private suite affords any free food/drinks?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Wow this place is exciting!

ForumRunner_20130824_153348.jpg

ForumRunner_20130824_153403.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Had fun but left early, and like a true non-football person, I don't even know who won. The buffet was good, but I would have rather had Famous Daves and almost went downstairs to get it. Beer was $9.50 and bottled water $5. Oh and cash parking was $40 - ridiculous! So having 2 free tickets helped, but the total spent for 2 of us was over $120 :yikes:.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Beer was $9.50 and bottled water $5. Oh and cash parking was $40 - ridiculous! So having 2 free tickets helped, but the total spent for 2 of us was over $120 :yikes:.

Yay Snottie$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Attachments

• dan-snyder-money.jpg
    dan-snyder-money.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Had fun but left early, and like a true non-football person, I don't even know who won. The buffet was good, but I would have rather had Famous Daves and almost went downstairs to get it. Beer was $9.50 and bottled water $5. Oh and cash parking was $40 - ridiculous! So having 2 free tickets helped, but the total spent for 2 of us was over $120 :yikes:.

From the sound of it, we can be pretty sure it wasn't the fans.