Go Redskins

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Exorbitant prices go to Snottie. Yay Snottie.

Of course fans are more-than-willing to spend.

I personally think that the WHOLE experience is over-priced, but as long as people keep paying, it won't change.

I was not expecting to see a staff member just about every 20 to 30 feet throughout the entire place - LOTS of money being paid to people for "eyes and ears".

Midnightrider

From the sound of it, we can be pretty sure it wasn't the fans.

thats why you tailgate. I have had season tickets for years and probably havent spent more than $100 inside the stadium in the last 10 years.
Our game day experience is almost always good, but it is about friends and football, not concessions.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Trying, and unsuccessfully so far, to give away my two tickets and parking for this useless game Thursday night.

I spend no money inside the stadium, either. I sign up for the designated driver program, and usually get three or four tickets for free sodas or water. It is always entertaining watching the drunks fall down the aisles, unless they spill their beer on you, that is. Then get the cops to eject them.

Chris0nllyn

Trying, and unsuccessfully so far, to give away my two tickets and parking for this useless game Thursday night.

I spend no money inside the stadium, either. I sign up for the designated driver program, and usually get three or four tickets for free sodas or water. It is always entertaining watching the drunks fall down the aisles, unless they spill their beer on you, that is. Then get the cops to eject them.

I wish I was in the area!

I'm a Bucs fan, so this game is the only one where I can smack talk all my Skins fan friends.

SoMDGirl42

I have a nephew in FL that would probably LOVE to have them!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
thats why you tailgate. I have had season tickets for years and probably havent spent more than $100 inside the stadium in the last 10 years.
Our game day experience is almost always good, but it is about friends and football, not concessions.

You can't give me tickets anymore. I have ZERO interest in the ride down, back, the jam in, the jam out, the jiffy johns in the parking lot, the drunk, belligerent out of town fans, the drunk, jerk-wad home team fans, the crawl in and out of my seat to piss, the stupid smoke show, the little flag boys, the piped in crowd noise, the whole flipping thing long since lost it's appeal.

SoMDGirl42

You can't give me tickets anymore. I have ZERO interest in the ride down, back, the jam in, the jam out, the jiffy johns in the parking lot, the drunk, belligerent out of town fans, the drunk, jerk-wad home team fans, the crawl in and out of my seat to piss, the stupid smoke show, the little flag boys, the piped in crowd noise, the whole flipping thing long since lost it's appeal.

your rose colored glasses must have dropped out of your shirt pocket and accidently got run over in the parking lot. Debbie Downer. Stay the F8%^ home then.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

gee, tell us how you REALLY feel Larry :evil:

I can say after that experience that I probably won't go again any time soon. I too did not like the time/effort spent to get there, hike in to the stadium, hike up several flights of steps to get to the 5th floor, nor the hike down that exit ramp for many levels. Now the ladies room? There were only a few women in the suites that shared that bathroom, so I never had to wait.

Midnightrider

To each his own. :buddies:

we go as a family and we have a really great group to tailgate with so it was enjoyable even durning the "tyrannical owner stage". Once they got Bruce Allen in charge I felt much better about the team and watching the game has been much more enjoyable.

As far as the experience goes, we get there 4 hours before the game, park where we can throw a rock and hit the stadium, and stay until the end almost every game. Traffic is clear on the way in and from where we park it usually isnt more than 10 mins to get out to the beltway (not that we go that way). If you don't get a good parking spot you will be sitting for a long time at the end of the game though.

The worst part of the game is drunks. This year the forecast is for plenty with all the prime time games. I will give event staff and security a little credit though. Whenever something happens they come down and eject the right person almost every time.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

we go as a family and we have a really great group to tailgate with so it was enjoyable even durning the "tyrannical owner stage". Once they got Bruce Allen in charge I felt much better about the team and watching the game has been much more enjoyable.

As far as the experience goes, we get there 4 hours before the game, park where we can throw a rock and hit the stadium, and stay until the end almost every game. Traffic is clear on the way in and from where we park it usually isnt more than 10 mins to get out to the beltway (not that we go that way). If you don't get a good parking spot you will be sitting for a long time at the end of the game though.

The worst part of the game is drunks. This year the forecast is for plenty with all the prime time games. I will give event staff and security a little credit though. Whenever something happens they come down and eject the right person almost every time.

Almost? LOL

I could see many tail-gaters having a good time - I almost wanted to stop and say HI can I join your party <G> (we got there about 1:30). I was smart enough to arrive early and wear tennis shoes, but that still didn't help my legs/ankles with that LONG walk down via the exit ramps - my right ankle is still hurting. One of the guys in our suite fell asleep in his chair during the game - apparently he was drinking BEFORE he came upstairs. Better that they fall asleep than to stay awake and start trouble.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
gee, tell us how you REALLY feel Larry :evil:

I can say after that experience that I probably won't go again any time soon. I too did not like the time/effort spent to get there, hike in to the stadium, hike up several flights of steps to get to the 5th floor, nor the hike down that exit ramp for many levels. Now the ladies room? There were only a few women in the suites that shared that bathroom, so I never had to wait.

You got loge seats, right? The one time I got lucky enough to do that, now THAT is the way to see a live pro game! LOL

Larry Gude

Strung Out

:buddies:

Midnightrider

Almost? LOL

I could see many tail-gaters having a good time - I almost wanted to stop and say HI can I join your party <G> (we got there about 1:30). I was smart enough to arrive early and wear tennis shoes, but that still didn't help my legs/ankles with that LONG walk down via the exit ramps - my right ankle is still hurting. One of the guys in our suite fell asleep in his chair during the game - apparently he was drinking BEFORE he came upstairs. Better that they fall asleep than to stay awake and start trouble.

Everyone is welcome at ours. That basically how it formed. A few of the old timers were sitting around cooking porterhouse steaks and we walked up and started talking to them. They forced us to eat with them and We got invited back the next week, that was maybe the year after they built FedEx. Over the years the core 20 or so has mostly stayed the same but we have another 20-40 most weekends. Food ranges from whole roast pig to fried turkey in addition to the normal burgers, dogs and picnic food.

Yeah, I bring a couple of older folks with me so we park in handicap section most weeks. The walk really kills you from the cash lots.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
You got loge seats, right? The one time I got lucky enough to do that, now THAT is the way to see a live pro game! LOL

Yeah I was lucky to get to see the game that way. It's just a lot of effort spent to get there and can be a 8-9 hour experience for those who arrive early to avoid the rush. Had I been tailgating I may not have minded so much.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah I was lucky to get to see the game that way. It's just a lot of effort spent to get there and can be a 8-9 hour experience for those who arrive early to avoid the rush. Had I been tailgating I may not have minded so much.

A lot of fans, that's their vacation, their recreation, their hobby; 8 home games a year, season tickets. It's a lifestyle commitment.

Buddy of mine had 6 seats on club level, 50 yard line, two rows up. Just awesome seats. It was great for awhile. He'd let me have them all for a preseason game every year. Once in awhile would get to go to a good regular season game, Dallas, NY Giants, but, man, it just gets to be no fun after a few games. He gave them up.