Golf Corner by Denny Cement

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...there were four sets of t's and we played from the second shortest, aka the "Grampers".

The next set back is the MENS t's, then the championship t's.

And no, it won't make shits worth of difference on my scorecard. I'm just as likely to shoot the same score from any set on any given day.

What it will do is make life more difficult for you 'finesse' players.
Must have been the heat, we played form the 2nd furthest. They had red, yellow, white and blue. We played white.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...there were four sets of t's and we played from the second shortest, aka the "Grampers".

The next set back is the MENS t's, then the championship t's.

And no, it won't make shits worth of difference on my scorecard. I'm just as likely to shoot the same score from any set on any given day.

:blushing: stop it

Larry Gude

Strung Out
otter, air...

Pete said:
Must have been the heat, we played form the 2nd furthest. They had red, yellow, white and blue. We played white.

Was it the heat? I know we played white. Somebody check a card. I remember 2 sets behind the whites. I thought I remembered 6,000 whites, 6,300 or so blue (or whatever was next) and about 6,700 black or back...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
Was it the heat? I know we played white. Somebody check a card. I remember 2 sets behind the whites. I thought I remembered 6,000 whites, 6,300 or so blue (or whatever was next) and about 6,700 black or back...

Have I played with you? :confused:

Pete

Repete
otter said:
I'm not sure but I think it was red, white, gold, blue. Pete has the score cards. There wasn't a huge amount of difference in the tees after the reds from what I remember.

****Edited****found on the web

Tee Information:
Tee Par Yardage Course Rating Slope
Blue 72 6810 72 121
White 72 6560 71 117
Red 72 5442 70 119

Only 250 yds difference between white and blue..gold isn't shown but I do remember gold markers
The gold (yellow) are the senior tee's if I am not mistaken. I will check the card when I get home, I think it shows the gold tees on that, and NO Otter you do not qualify to play from the gold tees yet :duh:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Pete said:
The gold (yellow) are the senior tee's if I am not mistaken. I will check the card when I get home, I think it shows the gold tees on that, and NO Otter you do not qualify to play from the gold tees yet :duh:

You're right, Pete, we should stay with the whites. I'd much rather have Larry hitting from 30 yds than from 60.

Pete

Repete
otter said:
You're right, Pete, we should stay with the whites. I'd much rather have Larry hitting from 30 yds than from 60.
Are you dissin the Gudeman's chipping prowess?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Pete said:
Are you dissin the Gudeman's chipping prowess?

Larry Gude said:

It appears to me that the Hitman started the dissin with the emphasis on 'finesse', like that wasn't part of the game..Took all afternoon for me to get over it.

Pete

Repete
otter said:
It appears to me that the Hitman started the dissin with the emphasis on 'finesse', like that wasn't part of the game..Took all afternoon for me to get over it.
I took the "finesse" as a compliment denoting great skill and touch. Any gorilla can knock the snot out of the ball, but it takes finesse to place the ball where you want it. Was I wrong?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Pete said:
I took the "finesse" as a compliment denoting great skill and touch. Any gorilla can knock the snot out of the ball, but it takes finesse to place the ball where you want it. Was I wrong?

Ya think the Hitman is ignoring us?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There is no 'hit'...

...there is only 'swing'. Then the crowd oohs and ahhhs and PAX intercept radar lights up.

'Hit' is how I chip.

Honsetly, do you of anyone else who has to holler 'fore!' from the collar?

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...there is only 'swing'. Then the crowd oohs and ahhhs and PAX intercept radar lights up.

'Hit' is how I chip.

Honsetly, do you of anyone else who has to holler 'fore!' from the collar?
You mean besides Airgasm?