Gonna be EXCITING, V3!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Delay due to truck on the range. Now clear, estimate 2:35C pm.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I was watching Lab Padre, they missed the entire launch and climb. Got to the Space-X camera just as they were transitioning.

stgislander

PREMO Member
NASASpaceflight.com had it perfect. It definately was not completely vertical when it hit the landing pad.

glhs837

Power with Control
Agree. Plus, like SN8, it still appeared to be too fast as it approached the pad.

Yep, same problem, same symptoms. Cant slow til your vertical and get all three going. In fact, since it never got vertical, it was going faster than SN8. Wonder if the helium system had a failure.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Too bad the video doesn't capture the awesome sound. When it exploded, the sound was delayed but was enough to set off the car alarms.

stgislander

PREMO Member
It definitely rotated too far in the final seconds. Early reports are that not all the raptors re-fired.

While reviewing their multiple cameras, the NASASpaceflight guys were saying they could see debris flying out from under the engine skirt during engine re-fire.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
It definitely rotated too far in the final seconds.
I was looking at that and Monello's vid, but wasn't sure if it rotated to, and past the vertical, or if it was spinning around giving the impression it had gone past the vertical from that visual angle.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, two engines are supposed to light. They pivot, and yes, it goes past vertical then back. The blow video of SN8s final seconds shows whats supposed to happen. It was textbook perfect until the green flames. In that sense, SN8 did it better than SN9, in which that second engine never even fully lit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This kid was on the deck with his camera at the ready. I said hopefully it won't blow up this time, and he said, "I hope it does because last time my camera ran out of juice."

So anyway, he got his shot. :lol: