Good old Steny

littlelady

God bless the USA
When I was in 4th grade, my parents gave me a 10 speed bike for my birthday. It was nice but I complained that in 10 years, it would be worthless, because I'd have my driver's license. My parents touted that is was a great gift, but it was false!

In 10 years, more than likely the tax cuts will be made permanent.

I like your story and analogy.

officeguy

Depends on who runs the show in 2025. The Bush tax cuts had the same 10 year gimmick which is what gave Obama the opportunity to jack up the top rate by 4.6% in the first place. All he neede to do was not to extend the temporary reduction in the Bush tax cuts.

Chris0nllyn

When I was in 4th grade, my parents gave me a 10 speed bike for my birthday. It was nice but I complained that in 10 years, it would be worthless, because I'd have my driver's license. My parents touted that is was a great gift, but it was false!

I'm not willing to compare a tax cut to outgrowing a bicycle. I'll never, ever, outgrow paying less in taxes.

The Republicans have run on this promise of lower taxes (among other things) for YEARS, and finally control Congress yet pass these cuts for a few years? Nothing points to these being made permanent.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm not willing to compare a tax cut to outgrowing a bicycle. I'll never, ever, outgrow paying less in taxes.

The Republicans have run on this promise of lower taxes (among other things) for YEARS, and finally control Congress yet pass these cuts for a few years? Nothing points to these being made permanent.

If I read it right, there are some procedural rules that are behind why they had no choice but to pass this piece of legislation with some of the cuts having and expiration date. They can be extended later..or even made permanent later..if the politics of that work out. If they don't work out...hey, 10 years is better than zero years.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If I read it right, there are some procedural rules that are behind why they had no choice but to pass this piece of legislation with some of the cuts having and expiration date. They can be extended later..or even made permanent later..if the politics of that work out. If they don't work out...hey, 10 years is better than zero years.

To make the cuts permanent they would have needed 60 votes for that. Who knows maybe they can be dealt with in 2019.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
To make the cuts permanent they would have needed 60 votes for that. Who knows maybe they can be dealt with in 2019.

That's what I thought was the case but, not entirely sure and too lazy to try and start my old Googler.....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
That's what I thought was the case but, not entirely sure and too lazy to try and start my old Googler.....
Didn't start mine either, just heard it recently on the news. Hey, wanna buy your address, cheap? I know someone that's looking for it.

3CATSAILOR

He's on TV with Bret Baier making a horse's ass out of himself, insisting that this is a "tax cut for the rich", which is a slap in the face to his constituents who are smart enough to actually, you know, crunch the numbers. So he is effectively saying, "My dumbass third grade educated voters will buy anything I say because they don't know any better."

Can we vote him out of there? Please?

Or do you all just like being looked down on and insulted by him?

Steny will be in office until God comes to call him. PLEASE NOTE: It does not matter how we vote in Southern Maryland. His voting base is with the Dems in Montgomery County and other areas.

MiddleGround

That was brilliant. Really. Your debate skills are just amazing.

You're just pissed because Trump's a terrific president and the Dems are stuck on whatever is lower than stupid. If I were you, I'd be embarrassed and ashamed as well, and would probably lash out too. :poorbaby:

:lmao:

Honestly, I'm listening to the various Dems sputtering their hysterical predictions and absolutely laughing my ass off. You Democrats must be really stupid if this is how your Congressional representatives speak to you.

Triple hilarious is Chuck Schumer insisting that corporations won't trickle down their tax breaks, and literally two hours later a bunch of major corporations announced employee bonuses, raises, and increased hiring as a direct result of the new tax bill.

:roflmao:

You punks just can't win, can you?

Hold on a second. Did you criticize Midnightrider in your very first sentence for calling someone stupid. Then, in your next two sentences you essentially called him/her stupid?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hold on a second. Did you criticize Midnightrider in your very first sentence for calling someone stupid. Then, in your next two sentences you essentially called him/her stupid?

Well..in her defense...RumpRider has proven time and again to be remarkably stupid, with a liberal topping of obtuseness for good measure.

LtownTaxpayer

Steny will be in office until God comes to call him. PLEASE NOTE: It does not matter how we vote in Southern Maryland. His voting base is with the Dems in Montgomery County and other areas.

Steny's district is one of the few in Maryland that doesn't include at least a small piece of Montgomery County. We are stuck with him because of Charles and PG counties.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Steny's district is one of the few in Maryland that doesn't include at least a small piece of Montgomery County. We are stuck with him because of Charles and PG counties.

....and he is going to vote to shut the government down which includes many of his constituents and they will still vote him in. You got to love those Dems willing to give up their paychecks for illegals.

LtownTaxpayer

....and he is going to vote to shut the government down which includes many of his constituents and they will still vote him in. You got to love those Dems willing to give up their paychecks for illegals.

Actually Civil Service employees have never lost pay due to shutdowns because Congress will pass a bill to pay them back. And as snarky as it sounds, anyone on public assistance will still get "their" money.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Actually Civil Service employees have never lost pay due to shutdowns because Congress will pass a bill to pay them back. And as snarky as it sounds, anyone on public assistance will still get "their" money.

So no one should bitch and keep electing the holes?

MiddleGround

Actually Civil Service employees have never lost pay due to shutdowns because Congress will pass a bill to pay them back.

Unfortunately, mortgage companies, utilities, car loan companies, etc. hardly ever accept the "I'll gladly repay you on Tuesday" Wimpy promise.

LtownTaxpayer

So no one should bitch and keep electing the holes?

Not saying that. He is definitely an old dog who should be sitting on someone else's back porch. But PG County and Charles County keep putting him back in office. Interestingly, he "lives" in St. Mary's, but they love him in PG and Charles. Maybe he should be closer to his core constituency. He is a classic example of what we get when jerrymandering is how districts are drawn. :(